55 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maxie Baughan
1594989382678.png

One of my favorites RIP Carl Ekern.
1594989473042.png

Robert Jones
1594989525733.png

A Bust for me in Robert Thomas
1594989563198.png

Who can forget Mark Fields
1594989694315.png

Tom Fears hero of the 1951 Championship Game.
1594989765709.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I enjoy these threads. Especially now because of the uncertainty for the 2020 Season.

I can go back about 50 years when it comes to Rams players. I tend to fondly remember the players from my childhood and youth; and the Rams were really good in the ‘70s and ‘80s, so it’s easy for me to think of those players.

Still, I am trying to be objective here, and the Rams had some terrific players before I was old enough to appreciate the Game.

I want to go Carl Ekern. A back-up and special teams player for years before becoming a starter (much more common back then). When Ekern became a starter, I recall thinking ... Ugh, this ain’t good.

Ekern turned out to be really solid for years. Comparable player to Laurinaitis in my opinion.

Baughn and Fears were before my time but they were elite and deserve the nod for the best #55.

Baughn was a nine time Pro Bowl player, and one of the best players on a championship team. I believe the only team to defeat Vince Lombardi’s Packers in the playoffs. However, half of Baughn’s career was in Philadelphia.

So I have to go with Hall of Famer Tom Fears. Up to that time, the NFL had never seen a passing offense like Waterfield and Van Brocklin throwing to Fears and Crazy Legs Hirsch. Or so I have been told.

I am old but not 90.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I do wish that we could've gotten to the playoffs with Laurinaitis. He was one of our best players in the dark ages.