#54 Bryce Hager ILB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like me some Hager .. I mean he is no Luke K .... but the guy can play

As for tree ... I don’t think you’ll find a more athletic linebacker but he is a sideline to sideline guy ... i think we get a run stuffer to pair with him things will be looking upm

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Comparing our guys:

Mark Barron 6'2" 225 lbs.
Samson Ebukam 6'3" 240 lbs.
Bryce Hager 6'1" 237 lbs.
Alec Ogletree 6'2" 235 lbs.

Having seen Hager live yesterday, he looked small lined next to Barron.

Now, compare our backers to guys like:

Luke Kuechly (Panthers) 6'3", 235 lbs.
Bobby Wagner (Seahawks) 6'0", 241 lbs.
Deonne Bucannon (Cards) 6'1", 216 lbs.
Derrick Johnson (Chiefs) 6'3", 242 lbs.
Danny Trevathon (Broncos) 6'1", 231 lbs.

All are similar size compared to our guys. IMO, Ogletree and Barron have been able to use their speed to overcome their size. Sometimes it looks like they want to sidestep the blocker rather than step into the point of attack and close the gap/hole. When they sidestep the blocker, they expose the second level for big gains. I don't think we necessarily need a bigger body, rather someone who will step into the point of attack and close the hole/gap. Middle backers have the mentality of playing smash football. Remember Ogletree played outside until last season, and Barron played safety most of his career until coming to the Rams. They are still learning how to play between the tackles. I'm not saying they are the long-term solution to playing in the middle, and Wade will be able to get someone to will help with inside play next season.