5 Teams in Play for Mark Sanchez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/03/here_are_5_teams_that_might_sign_mark_sanchez_once.html

By Eliot Shorr-Parks | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Follow on Twitter
on March 09, 2016 at 12:39 PM, updated March 09, 2016 at 1:34 PM

The Mark Sanchez era is likely coming to an end.

With the Eagles reportedly close to signing backup quarterback Chase Daniel to a multi-year deal, the team will almost certainly be moving on from Sanchez.

Eagles' free agency plan: What to watch for NJ Advance Media Eagles contributor Matt Lombardo previews what the Eagles might have planned ahead of free agency opening Wednesday at 4 p.m. (Matt Lombardo | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Keeping Sanchez on the roster wouldn't make much sense, as the team has already committed to Sam Bradford as their starting quarterback and now Daniel as their backup.

Sanchez, who is set to make $4.5 million next season, is too expensive to keep as a third-string quarterback.

It is unclear at this point whether they will be releasing him or trading him, but chances are, the team will simply cut him.

When they do, Sanchez will certainly have suitors, as he would be one of the best backups in the league, or perhaps a stopgap starter.

Here are five teams that might be interested:

Los Angeles Rams: The Rams have made it clear they are committed to Case Keenum as their starting quarterback, but they have also made it fairly obvious they aren't too fond of Nick Foles. It will be hard to move on from Foles, but Sanchez would give the Rams either a dependable backup behind Keenum, or a veteran who could start and help them compete right away.

Predicting the Eagles' 22 starters next season

Who will be starting for the Eagles next season?

San Francisco 49ers: Sanchez was brought in by former Eagles head coach Chip Kelly, who is now running the show out in San Francisco. The 49ers will reportedly be moving on from Colin Kaepernick, and Sanchez could be a starter for Kelly right away since he knows his offense. If not, he could be a backup and help the starter learn Kelly's fast-paced system.

Cleveland Browns: The Browns always need a quarterback, and will likely take one with the No. 2 overall pick. If the do, Sanchez could be the veteran stopgap for the rookie as new head coach Hue Jackson gets the future franchise quarterback ready.

Oakland Raiders: The Raiders are on the rise, and could be a playoff contender next season. With that in mind, the idea of Derek Carr going down and turning the show over to Matt McGloin likely isn't an ideal one for the Raiders front office.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Like the Raiders, the Jaguars are a team on the rise, and should compete for a playoff spot next season. They currently have no quarterbacks on the roster behind starter Blake Bortles, who is entering just his third season.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I bet he would like to come back and play in his college stadium again but I think Id pass. Rather take a shot on RG3 than bring in Butt Fumble

…..

Legend
I dont think Mark would be bad to have on your roster, but we already have a Mark Sanchez that's named Foles.

We don't need both.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Los Angeles Rams: The Rams have made it clear they are committed to Case Keenum as their starting quarterback, but they have also made it fairly obvious they aren't too fond of Nick Foles. It will be hard to move on from Foles, but Sanchez would give the Rams either a dependable backup behind Keenum, or a veteran who could start and help them compete right away.

rotfl.PNG

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd take Sanchez for Foles, any day. I hope we could do better though. This would be a cheap move.

Psycho_X

Legend
It's like this front offense wants to see how much worse our offense can get or something.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Rams don't sign Fitzpatrick then trade Foles to the Dolphins or Chiefs for at the very minimum a 2016 5th round selection and draft Paxton Lynch. If Keenum is ineffective then you have two young QB's to choose from in the freakish athletic Lynch or everybody's whipping boy...Sean Mannion!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I watched Sanchez in college and always said he was way over rated as a pro prospect. Please please please stay away from this guy.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's like this front offense wants to see how much worse our offense can get or something.

Meaning what ??? That you think they have interest in Sanchez ??? I doubt that they do..I have to believe that they would go with Griffin before Sanchez...

Psycho_X

Legend
I should have started my sentence with "If this ends up happening...." lol. Was meant as matter of fact yet.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I actually think Foles might be better than Sanchez which shows how little I think of Sanchez...

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I bet he would like to come back and play in his college stadium again but I think Id pass. Rather take a shot on RG3 than bring in Butt Fumble

RG3 doesn't scare me at all. Sanchez? just say no.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How are we "in play" for Sanchez if we've expressed zero interest?