5 takeaways from the first day of Rams training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
5 takeaways from the first day of Rams training camp

By Ryan Van Bibber

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/7...mp-practice-report-sam-bradford-greg-robinson

The Rams are practicing football again, and that means were officially counting down to the start of the 2014 season. Sam Bradford and Jeff Fisher spoke to the media after practice on Friday, offering a few tidbits of news and an assessment of the day's work.

For practice observations from the fans and media on the scene, head over to our report from yesterday.

1. Young, but experienced

The Rams are a young team, for the third year in a row, but the party line this year is that these are an experienced group of youngsters.

" ... because of the fact that we have players now in their third year and guys last year in their second, they're familiar faces, they've matured, they have the playing experience," Fisher said after practice. "So despite the age on paper the team doesn't act that way, the team acts much more mature and will be much more prepared."

2. Greg Robinson is doing "fine"

The second overall pick turned some heads over the summer by admitting he was struggling to adjust to the move inside to guard and a more complex playbook that the one he had at Auburn. On the field Friday, Fisher and Sam Bradford spoke highly of Robinson's day at practice.

Robinson is also working at two positions.

"I thought Greg did a great job," Bradford said. "Today he played both tackle and guard and when you're trying to learn a system, you'd really prefer to have to learn one but we're asking him to learn two because we think he can handle it. I thought he did a great job playing both inside and outside today. I think he is really going to help us up front."

3. Bradford doesn't feel the pressure

Is it or isn't it a make or break year? Is it or isn't it the second or third or fourth year in a row we've heard that?

"I don't really pay attention to that," Bradford said. "Every year is a ‘make it or break it' year according to someone. I think everyone in our locker room feels really good about where we're at right now and where this football team is going. I think we have a great chance to be really good ..."

Bradford was struggling with his throws yesterday according to folks on the scene. Fisher was more confident in his assessment.

"He was fine. He's doing good, throwing the ball well ... he's ready to go," Fisher said.

A rough first day of camp doesn't mean anything, especially for a QB coming off an ACL tear. It's just practice.

4. Impressive defense

Bradford's been in the NFL long enough to know what a good defense looks like. And he was talking up the one he saw on the field Friday.

"I think our defense is going to be extremely good this year," the quarterback said. "There's nothing easy against those guys, especially up front. That front seven is really, really tough."

5. Everyone wants to win!

There's your breaking news development of the day. Fisher and Bradford were asked about fans' desire to see the Rams put together their first winning record in 11 years.

"I think everyone here wants to win," Bradford said. "That's our goal. That's why we're out here to play. No one steps on the field to lose. I think we want just as bad as the city and the fans do."

Fisher had a little more perspective, a little less canned response to the question.

"Well it's just been before I got here and the day I arrived and it's going to continue to be that way," the coach said. "We're fortunate to have a fan base that has high expectations and remember the good years and they should."

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Is it me, or was that entire "article" just transcriptions of interviews we have already seen/read?

Edit: That isn't meant as a shot at you RamBill, it is aimed at the lazy author.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is it me, or was that entire "article" just transcriptions of interviews we have already seen/read?

Edit: That isn't meant as a shot at you RamBill, it is aimed at the lazy author.
Pretty much. There was some original content in there that really gets your brain working, though. Real hard-hitting stuff.

Like this:

Is it or isn't it a make or break year? Is it or isn't it the second or third or fourth year in a row we've heard that?

smiley-rolleyes008.gif

FRO

Legend
I'm not a fan of the writer.

Also if you like reading articles, don't watch the Rams pressers. The writers seem to just rewrite material that was given in those pressers.