5 Still Unsigned Free Agents St. Louis Rams Should Contact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662311-5-still-unsigned-free-agents-st-louis-rams-should-contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662 ... ld-contact</a>
5 Still Unsigned Free Agents St. Louis Rams Should Contact
As cap-strapped as the St. Louis Rams are, veteran free agents don’t figure to be a huge part of their team’s composition between now and Week 1. Despite having huge contracts like those of Sam Bradford, Chris Long, and the ghost of Jason Smith on the payroll, St. Louis still made a play for a couple of big-time offensive free agents: Jared Cook and Jake Long.

Now that summer is approaching and the NFL draft has addressed teams’ areas of need, unsigned veterans may be getting antsy—and with that nervousness comes a drop in asking price. Whether or not that situation was intentionally set up by team decision-makers is no longer relevant.

Guys are looking for jobs.

The veteran minimum is still more expensive than what a club would have to pay an undrafted rookie, which is why there should be no surprise if Les Snead doesn’t sign an older guy to play in St. Louis. Older players’ experience would contribute to an expectation of substantial playing time on a young roster like the Rams’.

For the first time in a long time, though, there aren’t a ton of positions which should have “Help Wanted” stamped on the depth chart.

If St. Louis is going to make someone’s phone ring this summer—be it as training camp competitors, regular-season impact performers or otherwise—they might call some of these guys.

It's not worth your time to even check this slide show out. As proof of this is that one of the 5 is Terrell Owens. :shock:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Re: 5 Still Unsigned Free Agents St. Louis Rams Should Conta

Way to use reverse psych to make your case for Quinten Micheal who I agree is worth the vet min .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Further proof is that the writer said the Rams might find TO valuable in a coaching or mentoring role. He actually said that. WTF.....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

LesBaker said:
Further proof is that the writer said the Rams might find TO valuable in a coaching or mentoring role. He actually said that. WTF.....

Maybe in how to work out but you'd have sew his mouth shut. The guy was always in tremendous shape but had a vacuum between the ears.

And don't tell me... this is in the Bleacher Report - no? I think Shane was the only guy they ever had writing for them that really knew the Rams.

lockdnram21

Legend

Im cool I would just go with what have unless we can get a ball hawk. As Farr as wr we are ok we have a a a nice group of receivers that need to grow together.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

If T.O. is really on that list, facepalm.

I liked T.O. as a ball player but the drama was too much for me.