5 Sean Landetta days till the Draft!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
t_26638_05.jpg

SierraRam

Recreational User
How many Rookie QB have "led" their team to the NFC Championship game????

"led" Ha! That was a very good team that got crushed in Chicago. But Dickerson was all we had on O, and the Bears knew it. It was a reapeat of the pre-Ferragamo 70's. (Harris, Namath, Haden...) If we had a QB, we're Super Bowl bound! Dieter wasn't horrible, but he was the Weakest Link

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think Sanchez was led there by the Jets, personally.
You're right, that's why I chose to use him as an example. Dieter was in much the same boat in that regard. Even worse for Brock's case was that he had many years of experience in the CFL compared to Sanchez's 1 year of NCAA. I was a fan of Brock's but I really hope dieterbrock was speaking tongue in cheek when he offered that question.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
At least Dieter lost to probably the best defense of all time.
'85 Bears allowed a combined 10 points during that championship post-season run.

21-0 over NY
24-0 over LA
46-10 over NE

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right, that's why I chose to use him as an example. Dieter was in much the same boat in that regard. Even worse for Brock's case was that he had many years of experience in the CFL compared to Sanchez's 1 year of NCAA. I was a fan of Brock's but I really hope dieterbrock was speaking tongue in cheek when he offered that question.
I thought my question was NFC championship game as a rookie? Last I checked the Jets played in the AFC

moklerman

Warner-phile
I thought my question was NFC championship game as a rookie? Last I checked the Jets played in the AFC
Oh, I missed the specific nature of the question. That's some good trivia though. The last rookie QB to start an NFC Championship game? Shaun King of Tampa Bay vs. the Rams in 1999. Dieter Brock was the next in 1985 against the Bears and the next? Pat Haden in 1976 for the Rams against the Vikings.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, I missed the specific nature of the question. That's some good trivia though. The last rookie QB to start an NFC Championship game? Shaun King of Tampa Bay vs. the Rams in 1999. Dieter Brock was the next in 1985 against the Bears and the next? Pat Haden in 1976 for the Rams against the Vikings.
Now we're talking. Rams own that stat. Both sides of it. Of course winning one WITH the rookie QB would be something.....
Would have loved to have seen DB play before he was collecting social security
1984/1985 Roy Hobbs was tearing it up on the big screen and I thought for sure we had found "The Natural", NFL style