5 Bold Predictions For Cardinals@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...-vs-st-louis-rams-on-thursday-night-football/

5 Bold Predictions For Arizona Cardinals vs. St. Louis Rams On Thursday Night Football
By Peter Rogers@petahrahgas on December 10, 2014

The Rams have shut out their last two opponents, the Cardinals are just got back onto their “Best in the NFC” boat and the playoffs are looming. Sounds like a delicious recipe for an excellent Thursday night. Here are five bold predictions for the 10-3 Cardinals visiting the 6-7 Rams.

5. Cardinals Finish Game With Under 50 Yards Rushing
2Andre-Ellington.jpg

The Cardinals' already sad rushing attack took a major hit this week as Andre Ellington was placed on IR with a hernia. And it doesn’t help that the Cardinals are facing an excellent Rams rush defense that makes their living on crushing the hopes and dreams of opposing running backs. That's not a good sign for Arizona’s rushing attack.

4. Robert Quinn and Aaron Donald Just Pile Up the Sacks
3Robert-Quinn.jpg

Remember when the Rams’ pass rush was dead last in the NFL? Well now it ranks seventh and is about to destroy Drew Stanton. Without a rushing attack, the Cardinals are going to have to pass the ball a lot which gives Robert Quinn and Aaron Donald plenty of time to rack up the sacks. I’m thinking they both get two, maybe three, but no more than four.

3. The West Virginia Boys Breakout
4Tavon-Austin.jpg

Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey both were drafted out of West Virginia and have been having a nice coming out party the last couple of weeks for the Rams’ offense. With Patrick Peterson worried about Kenny Britt and Antonio Cromartie possibly missing time, expect these two youngsters to tear the Cardinals' secondary apart.

2. Drew Stanton Passes For 300+ Yards and 3 TDs
5Drew-Stanton.jpg

Like I said earlier, the Cardinals will look to pass the ball often with a poor ground attack and facing an average pass defense. Stanton will get hit a lot and may lose the game for the Cardinals (more on that later), but he will have a big game through the air, going for over 300 yards with at least three touchdowns.

1. Rams’ Defense Seals The Game With a Kiss
6St.-Louis-Rams.jpg

Ready to hear how Drew Stanton loses the game for the Cardinals? Strip sack returned for touchdown. No team in the NFL is better at scoring off fumble recoveries, and the Rams will seal the victory at home with a big time sack, fumble and lengthy touchdown run filled with much high-stepping and excitement.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I like it but I think that the Rams pitch another near shutout and give up less than ten points to the Cardinal's ailing offense. And like you said, our defense might score more than that!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I like our chances as much as anyone, but it's not like AZ isn't capable of running bubble screens and swing tosses to alleviate the pass rush.

I don't see this being the walk in the park pundits are predicting, I think it'll be a tough game.

I just hope the Rams of the past two weeks show up in a major way

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If the Rams D has the same focus and energy they had at home against Oakland... this will be an UGLY game for AZ.

As long as we don't turn the ball over and D stays in this groove, we should have another impressive victory. I think Arians will do just about anything to ensure they don't get shut out, though. You don't want to get shut out going into the playoffs...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
JMO the Cardinals with shit themselves when they see Barron ready to blitz and we will get at least one int from jumping a route when he backs out . Iirc he is the guy who put Palmer out for the season,I agree we will have a defensive score, but if the 300 yards and three touchdown prediction comes true IDK if our offense will have it in them to keep up with that.
OBTW the kid they brought in replacing Ellington has the Cardinals ONLY 100 yard day this year so maybe this guy isn't researching much before he makes his predictions

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I like our chances as much as anyone, but it's not like AZ isn't capable of running bubble screens and swing tosses to alleviate the pass rush.

I don't see this being the walk in the park pundits are predicting, I think it'll be a tough game.

I just hope the Rams of the past two weeks show up in a major way

There are some pundits saying it'll be a walk in the park? :eek:

Well that's just weird

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, Arians gets these guys ready to play. He's a helluva coach. I would never underestimate his teams, not if he was coaching Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow's Softball team...

If the Rams sleep on this RB, it will be a real let down game for them. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen and that Williams keeps on preaching responsibility this week.

desertdawg

UDFA
JMO the Cardinals with crap themselves when they see Barron ready to blitz and we will get at least one int from jumping a route when he backs out . Iirc he is the guy who put Palmer out for the season,I agree we will have a defensive score, but if the 300 yards and three touchdown prediction comes true IDK if our offense will have it in them to keep up with that.
OBTW the kid they brought in replacing Ellington has the Cardinals ONLY 100 yard day this year so maybe this guy isn't researching much before he makes his predictions
Palmer barely got touched on the play that resulted in his ACL tear, all he did was crouch down and his leg gave out. But you are correctomundo on our new runningback acquisition, the first time this year that we got 100 yards on the ground. It will be a lot harder to run on the Rams though.

Big Willie

Starter
My 5
  • The Rams will get 2 turnovers from the Cardinals
  • The Cards will have more sacks than the Rams
  • The Cards will score multiple times and use trick plays
  • Young GZ will make multiple field goals
  • The Rams will win in a close one

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Palmer barely got touched on the play that resulted in his ACL tear, all he did was crouch down and his leg gave out. But you are correctomundo on our new runningback acquisition, the first time this year that we got 100 yards on the ground. It will be a lot harder to run on the Rams though.
Kid backed Turbin up at Utah State I think

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I've called blow outs the past 2 weeks...I don't think it's another goose egg but I do think the Rams win by double digits.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
OBTW DAWG we're gonna take your division lead away from ya Thurs, but we're gonna give it back to ya the last game of the season so stay away from the sharp objects things will work out (y)

RamzFanz

Damnit
JMO the Cardinals with crap themselves when they see Barron ready to blitz and we will get at least one int from jumping a route when he backs out . Iirc he is the guy who put Palmer out for the season,I agree we will have a defensive score, but if the 300 yards and three touchdown prediction comes true IDK if our offense will have it in them to keep up with that.

Rams have ZERO turnovers at home since Hill started. They are 74 to 7 at home since Hill started and ended the turnover issues. You can't really believe that our offense doesn't have 21 points in them against the 17th D when they have defeated much much better defenses or that the Cardinals offense has 300 passing yards and 3 TDs in them do you?

That's a crazy prediction in my mind. 300 passing yards and 3 TDs away on a short week in primetime with a QB that has a 1-3 away record and a 34.8 passing rating away?

Come on, bro. This offense, with Hill and no home turnovers, is on fire too.

Do you even have any idea what Hill's home QBR is?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Rams have ZERO turnovers at home since Hill started. They are 74 to 7 at home since Hill started and ended the turnover issues. You can't really believe that our offense doesn't have 21 points in them against the 17th D when they have defeated much much better defenses or that the Cardinals offense has 300 passing yards and 3 TDs in them do you?

That's a crazy prediction in my mind. 300 passing yards and 3 TDs away on a short week in primetime with a QB that has a 1-3 away record and a 34.8 passing rating away?

Come on, bro. This offense, with Hill and no home turnovers, is on fire too.

Do you even have any idea what Hill's home QBR is?

I'm sure you can tell me the guys waste size , color of his eyes, and what cologne he wears .

As far as what I can and " can't believe" and what I "even know" goes we BOTH know we disagree on why this team is winning ,I don't think it's the Qb you do, I think this QB has been the recipient of three amazing defensive efforts and has not faced a defense that could make us one dimensional because we were never behind enough to effect that,so Hills performances in those three wins the team has had with him at QB have been without the duress our other QB was put under while our defense was trying to find itself and getting NO sacks allowing huge games by running backs etc.
Again you KNOW that, why you persist in acting incredulous over that is up for debate , you also KNOW what I think on that subject so I see no reason for this charade.

Yeah I do believe that if the Cards put up three TD's through the air against our D ( not in garbage time) we won't be having the same sort of game as the three wins we've had that Hill started and we won, and that the Cards have some defensive personnel that can get after our Qb and it will be a dog fight .
That said I much prefer things turn out to further your infatuation with said QB, I'm all Rams all the way, but I'm for ALL the Rams not just one guy. Had we won the San Diego game had the game not ended the way it did ,I would be more sympathetic to the POV that S Hill was who you think he is, but that throw IMO was a stone solid choke, I am allowed to have that opinion I hope.
Hill is a damned good backup , I support him all the way as long as he's in the game but he's a backup with flaws that have kept him there his entire career ,my entire thesis is though that comparing him to the kid he replaced and finding Davis inferior fails the ceterus paribus test , Davis didn't have the defensive performances to insulate him that Hill has ,I strongly believe if he had we might never have changed QB's because we would have at least three more wins.
You asked what I could believe...............there you have it, really!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not worried about Stanton. I think the Rams will get to him, pressure him, and force mistakes. Key is that run defense, if they do what they've been doing the Cards offense is in for a tough night.

Should be a very low scoring game. Rams need to be patient on offense and not try to force things in the passing game.

Cards are a very good team but they are also a fortunate team with some of the turnovers they've gotten. Winnable game for the Rams IMO.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
So which one of these predictions is supposed to be bold? #2? None of the others would surprise me :sneaky:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm sure you can tell me the guys waste size , color of his eyes, and what cologne he wears .

As far as what I can and " can't believe" and what I "even know" goes we BOTH know we disagree on why this team is winning ,I don't think it's the Qb you do, I think this QB has been the recipient of three amazing defensive efforts and has not faced a defense that could make us one dimensional because we were never behind enough to effect that,so Hills performances in those three wins the team has had with him at QB have been without the duress our other QB was put under while our defense was trying to find itself and getting NO sacks allowing huge games by running backs etc.
Again you KNOW that, why you persist in acting incredulous over that is up for debate , you also KNOW what I think on that subject so I see no reason for this charade.

Yeah I do believe that if the Cards put up three TD's through the air against our D ( not in garbage time) we won't be having the same sort of game as the three wins we've had that Hill started and we won, and that the Cards have some defensive personnel that can get after our Qb and it will be a dog fight .
That said I much prefer things turn out to further your infatuation with said QB, I'm all Rams all the way, but I'm for ALL the Rams not just one guy. Had we won the San Diego game had the game not ended the way it did ,I would be more sympathetic to the POV that S Hill was who you think he is, but that throw IMO was a stone solid choke, I am allowed to have that opinion I hope.
Hill is a damned good backup , I support him all the way as long as he's in the game but he's a backup with flaws that have kept him there his entire career ,my entire thesis is though that comparing him to the kid he replaced and finding Davis inferior fails the ceterus paribus test , Davis didn't have the defensive performances to insulate him that Hill has ,I strongly believe if he had we might never have changed QB's because we would have at least three more wins.
You asked what I could believe...............there you have it, really!

Odd that you think running backs had huge games. Other than Rainey, which ones? Well, Ellington in a single game, that's two. Who else?

I am seeing that you attribute all of ADs issues to the defense. You say the Defense gave up so and so points when in actuality, the offense gave up 36 pick six points and a mountain of extra possessions. A mountain. More turn overs than TDs. How many points came from those other turn overs? What would you consider the value of not giving up possessions or offensive pick sixes? The value of not being behind as a defense or being on the field constantly?

Have you even looked at where those points were surrendered to determine if they were "panic, we're behind and have to catch up" failures or just common throughout the games? I have. You should. How many were fumbles where the rush was visible and the ball could have been tucked or thrown away?

But, I digress, my opinion is that a QB who doesn't turn over the ball and controls the clock will win with this team. Less possessions and uncontested scoring for the opposing teams. That would be Hill. It's not in question, that is the case. In the only full game under Hill where the Rams lost, Hill lost possessions even if he did throw 2 TDs that were called back and a FG was blocked. That was also the only full game he played where he turned over the ball at all.

I attribute at least some of the defense's later success this season to less possessions for the opposing team and not blaming them for opposing scoring when they weren't even on the field. Maybe that's just me. If you wish to continue to claim the defense was weaker because they were on the field more and pin all scoring on them, so be it. I see the affect turnovers have.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Odd that you think running backs had huge games. Other than Rainey, which ones? Well, Ellington in a single game, that's two. Who else?

I am seeing that you attribute all of ADs issues to the defense. You say the Defense gave up so and so points when in actuality, the offense gave up 36 pick six points and a mountain of extra possessions. A mountain. More turn overs than TDs. How many points came from those other turn overs? What would you consider the value of not giving up possessions or offensive pick sixes? The value of not being behind as a defense or being on the field constantly?

Have you even looked at where those points were surrendered to determine if they were "panic, we're behind and have to catch up" failures or just common throughout the games? I have. You should. How many were fumbles where the rush was visible and the ball could have been tucked or thrown away?

But, I digress, my opinion is that a QB who doesn't turn over the ball and controls the clock will win with this team. Less possessions and uncontested scoring for the opposing teams. That would be Hill. It's not in question, that is the case. In the only full game under Hill where the Rams lost, Hill lost possessions even if he did throw 2 TDs that were called back and a FG was blocked. That was also the only full game he played where he turned over the ball at all.

I attribute at least some of the defense's later success this season to less possessions for the opposing team and not blaming them for opposing scoring when they weren't even on the field. Maybe that's just me. If you wish to continue to claim the defense was weaker because they were on the field more and pin all scoring on them, so be it. I see the affect turnovers have.
Holy crap dude. Give it a freaking rest!