49ers@Giants Thread: The end of Kaepernick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://ninernoise.com/2015/10/11/49...iants-will-define-future-of-colin-kaepernick/

colin-kaepernick-nfl-preseason-san-francisco-49ers-denver-broncos-850x560.jpg

Colin Kaepernick's ongoing 2015 evaluation will hit a critical point in Week 5 versus the New York Giants. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports

49ers' Week 5 Matchup vs. Giants: Will Define Future of Colin Kaepernick
By Peter Panacy

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is on the hot seat heading into the team’s Week 5 matchup on Sunday Night Football versus the New York Giants.

Say what you want about the 1-3 49ers’ struggles this season. There are plenty. But the simple fact remains that a lot of Kaepernick’s future hinges on how he plays in this upcoming contest.

Following back-to-back embarrassing performances against the Arizona Cardinals and Green Bay Packers in Weeks 3 and 4, respectively, Kaepernick will now face off against a Giants team ranking last in the NFL in passing defense. New York has given up a total of 1,265 yards through the air this season.

Kaepernick recently stated, via Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, he isn’t worried about his job security or being removed from the starter role.

“I don’t play for job security, “ Kaepernick said. “Whether football’s here or not, I’ll be fine. I go out, I play to win. I’m not worried about job security when I step into this building.”

The 49ers need some help in their offensive approach. They are dead last in the league with just 48 points scored on the season. And the offense’s 635 passing yards over four contests also ranks No. 32 in the NFL out of 32 teams.

New York presents an interesting matchup for San Francisco.

As stated previously, the Giants pass defense is permeable. New York has given up over 300 yards passing in three of their four contests.

But, on the flip side, the Giants boast the No. 1 rushing defense. New York has allowed a mere 279 yards on the ground, and not one of the Giants’ opponents have crested 90 yards rushing this season.

Kaepernick needs a running game, perhaps more than any other starting quarterback, to establish play-action and read-option schemes — approaches in which the 49ers’ signal-caller has long been successful. Yet the numbers suggest New York’s defense will be able to take this away.

Can Kaepernick make the necessary adjustments to ensure the 49ers can successfully move the ball down the field?

If he can’t do this against the Giants weak secondary, it will be difficult to believe Kaepernick will ever be able to overcome all that has transpired this season for San Francisco’s man under center.

And all of that puts an extreme amount of pressure on Kaepernick to perform up to par on Sunday.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Giants 13/49ers 6 at half-time. Kaepernick is 12/17 with 118 yds and 0 TD's and 0 INT's. He has 24 out of their 35 rushing yds. A meh kind of half. Looks like their offense isn't clicking as usual.

Athos

Legend
Hope not.

I want the Rams to sack him 20 times and pick him off 10 times this season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They're in the game and Kaepernick has played solid, believe you me the 49ers will not turn to Blaine Gabbart that would be like the Rams starting Kyle Boller.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This game is getting interesting at 11:49 of the 4th quarter. All tied at 20-20.

Kaepernick is 20/30 for 199 yds with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. He has 23 yds rushing on 3 carries.

Still, the Giants have terrible DB's so that's not saying much.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
These teams seem like they could play to a 60-60 tie. Now without Beckham (Hamstring) the giants might be screwed. Manning and his ability to read "D's" and throw strikes may just keep them still in the game. Bowmann is a freak.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
4 qtr 23-20 giants but 49s are rolling fucken lousy giants defense!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Giants managed to pull this one out and save me a pick. :yess: Plus my hatred of the 49ers organization makes this a bonus. :sneaky:

Both teams stink though and it took 441 yds passing and 3 TD's from Eli Manning to get it done. Spags has lost his mojo. No offense to @Mojo Ram. :grouphug:

Unfortunately :shooting:Kaepernick probably did well enough to keep his job for another week. :palm:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So the shitchickens and the whiners lost in heartbreaking fashion.

No sympathy. Fuck them both.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
No sympathy from me regarding the 49ers plight, but are the fans/media really asking for Gabbert over Gonzo?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Gonzo did enough to keep his job. I think that's a good thing for the Rams. Saying that, could Blaine Gabbert really be any worse?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Gonzo did enough to keep his job. I think that's a good thing for the Rams. Saying that, could Blaine Gabbert really be any worse?
I think you may be right about that ... I just wonder what their fans/media are thinking will come from running the beak out of town. I suppose they are building a case.

I'm really enjoying their misery though.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Sooo... I know the Niners fans are at their lowest, right? So I creep on their forum to see what they were discussing in game day thread. There was an ongoing debate on who would win between Michigan and Niners. Many thought Michigan. I really enjoyed that. :LOL:

Many want Harbough back badly and hate their owner. It's about as dismal as it gets. So yeah, they are right where we want them to be. :D

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think you may be right about that ... I just wonder what their fans/media are thinking will come from running the beak out of town. I suppose they are building a case.

I'm really enjoying their misery though.
Kind of like our Bulger years, some kind of new shit is better than old shit.