PREGAME 49’ers at Rams - NFC Championship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I hope McVay and Morris have figured out how to deal with the whiners. We had them on the ropes and let them off the hook in our last game. I feel like the defense let us down in that last game during the second half. The second half started with the whiners running the ball 10 straight plays, including runs where the RB is hit in the backfield and breaks the tackle and gains 7 or 8 yards. Garapollo didn't even have to take any risks because all he did was hand the ball off and we could not stop them.

It seems pretty simple to me, on how to give us a good chance to beat and hopefully destroy the whiners on Sunday. Stop the damn run and ball security.

And If I can throw in a Bill Belicheater rule; take away their best player. Deebo Samuel is a F-N Rams Killer and he needs to be taken out of their gameplan. He needs a spy and someone to chip him before he releases from the line of scrimmage when possible.

Our defense has upped their game in the playoffs so far but we can't afford to self destruct. We were up 17-0 against the whiners and picked off Garapollo just before the half and somehow we pissed that away. Someone will have to talk me off the edge of the cliff if that happens again.

Am I missing something? The whiners offense is very basic when they play us. Run the ball and Jimmy Grabhisownpole rarely throws the ball further than 10 yards down the field.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stop the run. Take away the middle of the field. Force Jimmy to beat you outside the numbers.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hope McVay and Morris have figured out how to deal with the whiners. We had them on the ropes and let them off the hook in our last game. I feel like the defense let us down in that last game during the second half. The second half started with the whiners running the ball 10 straight plays, including runs where the RB is hit in the backfield and breaks the tackle and gains 7 or 8 yards. Garapollo didn't even have to take any risks because all he did was hand the ball off and we could not stop them.

It seems pretty simple to me, on how to give us a good chance to beat and hopefully destroy the whiners on Sunday. Stop the damn run and ball security.

And If I can throw in a Bill Belicheater rule; take away their best player. Deebo Samuel is a F-N Rams Killer and he needs to be taken out of their gameplan. He needs a spy and someone to chip him before he releases from the line of scrimmage when possible.

Our defense has upped their game in the playoffs so far but we can't afford to self destruct. We were up 17-0 against the whiners and picked off Garapollo just before the half and somehow we pissed that away. Someone will have to talk me off the edge of the cliff if that happens again.

Am I missing something? The whiners offense is very basic when they play us. Run the ball and Jimmy Grabhisownpole rarely throws the ball further than 10 yards down the field.

Same game plan as Tampa. Pass early, score early, fast, and often. Pop a run now and then to keep them honest in the first half. THEN in the second half unleash Cam and Sony.

Keep doucheebo and kitty on the sideline and let AD and friends eat. Their strength is also DL so a solid run in the second half to tire their asses out.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not that it changed the game but those lucky f*cks I think have won the coin toss against us more times in a row than I can remember.

Both games this season plus the overtime.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Play single high with Rapp in the box where he's most effective. Ramsey shadows Deebo, Howard on Kittle. Sound tackling.

On offense stretch them horizontal and force their corners to make tackles. A few jet sweeps will work. Run the ball, run a few play action. I actually like Sony more in this game.

MachS

Hall of Fame
1) Hire a dirty whore to give Jimmy another STD this week. One that burns and itches.

2) Go tailgate at SoFi and beat the shit out of every red shirt you see

3) Pass the ball early to set up the run. Similar to our TB game plan.

4) Get a big lead early and turn the boys up front loose

5) Don't get conservative with play-calling and collapse after we get our big lead

6) NO FUCKING TURNOVERS

7) Tackle well in space

8) Repeat steps 1&2

TexasRam

Legend
Completely shut down their run, then force turnovers from Jimmy.

On offense you have to beat them with the pass game but be very careful to only take what is there.

This doesn't mean you don't take deep shots but every pass must be safe. Throw the ball away rather than taking sacks. You don't want to get into 3rd and long situations where they can force turnovers.

It's like walking carefully through a mine field.

Personally I would highly utilize the rollouts and PA which we had lots of success with a few years ago against them.

But yea, stop their run or the journey ends here.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Stop the run. Take away the middle of the field. Force Jimmy to beat you outside the numbers.
Like several Niners Garopollo is beat up. Not sure if it's his thumb or shoulder or both. His outside throws against Green Bay were all wounded floating ducks. Interceptions waiting to happen. Don't recall him throwing deep at all.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Grabmypole is due for a very bad game. For the last week I’ve heard how fast Brady gets the ball out, theoretically impossible for the Dline to reach him in time. But then they pressured him more than any other team this year. They reached the 3 plus sack number vs Brady, which predicts that he is/was only a .500 player when you do that To him. Von and AD are on another level right now. People need to risk their bodies and hammer these fucks AND wrap them up. Make them regret thinking of wanting the ball. Make Deebo hate life.

Braindead

UDFA
We know how to beat them. Jesus, we would have won the last game too if we hadn't suddenly stopped playing. There is no secret recipe - we ARE the better team. They didn't win the last game - we lost in an embarrassing way and I hope the team still is as pi$$ed as some of us were after that game. 60 minutes of hard, focused football and we clearly win.

strike first
strike hard
no mercy

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the last four games where they didn't throw the ball further than 8 yards down field, please adjust our defense. Please?

If Jimmy comes out and his deep shot after deep shot after deep shot I will not be mad. Please adjust to what they actually want to do.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have to beat them with a mindset, play with our hair on fire, so to speak. We need to be the hammer instead of the nail. This is going to be a street fight. Grab ’em by the gonads and don’t release until the game is over. Intimidation is a must. THIS IS OUR HOUSE.

1) Create turnovers, we used to be good at stripping the ball.
2) Throw quick passes and screens to minimize pass rush.
3) Avoid long-developing empty set formations
4) Keep gas pedal mashed until the end of the game. Sean, this is on you! Be aggressive. Don’t be predictable.
5) No turnovers. Both hands on the ball, they are coming after us after our last game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I strongly believe that at this point the Niners are in the Rams' heads. Most of the teams heads, not everyone. This is the biggest obstacle at this point. Clearly we have the superior roster and no disadvantage in coaching.

Its a hurdle. No doubt.

Start fast and physical. Finish.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rams were favored in every game they lost to Whiners.
Whiners always play them with a chip on their shoulder.
Rat Face Jr outcoaches McVay, even in the lucky win last time.

Frustrating to see the Rams come out smoking and let them back in. How do they prevent that shit in this game? Move ball make first downs. Much easier said. When Whiners come out smoking it's tough to come back because they get their run game going.

Best I can come up with is Whiners are 4-0 vs Goff from 2019-20 and 2-0 vs Stafford barely squeaking out an improbable win in week 18.

Rams need some turnovers and a Jimmy Butt Floss implosion but we say that every time and they make him look like Montana.

Their D acts like they know all the Rams plays especially the runs. Their D line also frustrated Rams O line into penalties and bad protection last time. They looked so overmatched.

I would be really surprised if Rams win this but if they can somehow find a way they're going to win it all.

Everyone can say (media, guys at work, other fans) Rams will win but until the Rams do it themselves without the positive predictions, well wishes, and other outside support they are on their own in this like I said before last game.

Rams need to come out with intensity like their last game, like the last 3 games, to give themselves a chance.

The other thing I can see is for the Rams to gain momentum somehow at the end to take the game...like the Bucs almost did, but it's hard to watch it if it has to get to that point.

I'm usually confident in the Rams beating anyone. But the Whiners survived the Rams best punch in the mouth last game and then saw McVay fail to put them away.

I really hope they have a successful game plan to stop them. I'll take anything FTW, empty the tricks box if they have to. OBJ pass, Hekker pass, onside kick, blocked kick, muddle huddle, whatever it takes.

Last edited:

Montanaramfan

Rookie
When it's third and one and you're up by 17 with under two minutes left in the half, run the damn ball, get the first down, and don't give them any momentum. That's all.

Flint

Pro Bowler

It’s weird, the Packers defense is not good against the run, the niners had success running but were only able to manage 3 points. The Rams are ok against the run and the niners have drive after drive where they run it 7-8-9 times and chew up huge chunks of clock, and most importantly, score tds. What are the Packers doing that the rams can’t?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Same game plan as Tampa. Pass early, score early, fast, and often. Pop a run now and then to keep them honest in the first half. THEN in the second half unleash Cam and Sony.

Keep doucheebo and kitty on the sideline and let AD and friends eat. Their strength is also DL so a solid run in the second half to tire their asses out.

Throw in some tempo when the run game is going…really wear their asses out and keep that defense on the field as much as possible.