49ers announce NaVorro Bowman out for season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Damn, that's a big blow to their defense.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/03/49ers-announce-navorro-bowman-out-for-season/

49ers announce NaVorro Bowman out for season
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 3, 2016

603574664-e1475527694834.jpg
Getty Images

The season has come to an end for 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman.

The 49ers announced today that Bowman suffered a season-ending Achilles injury in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys.

That’s what it looked like at the time, as Bowman went to the ground without being contacted and immediately grabbed the back of his ankle. Tests today confirmed the worst.

Bowman has had to work his way back from a serious injury before: In the NFC Championship Game after the 2014 season, Bowman suffered a gruesome knee injury.

Now the 49ers will hope that the 28-year-old Bowman can recover again and come back in 2017.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Hate seeing any player lost due to a season ending injury. As much as I can't stand the Whiners, Bowman is the heart of their defense.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bowman is a beast and that sucks for him. Respect him a lot. On an individual level that's sucks, on a team level I say fuck it. I want the whiners to endure as much pain and suffering possible.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Man, that's two SEVERE injuries in two years. While every cell of my being detests the Niners, I hope and pray the guy recovers. I love the physicality and bone crushing hits of football but I don't like to see the injuries that come with that sometimes. This injury didn't even involve contact...yikes...

Well, when the Niners go to LA, the Rams will just have to kick the :poop: out of whoever plays for them! :boxing::yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hugh Loss for the 49ers! I like it! They aren't going to Win many games without Bowman!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Too bad for him. I don't wish injuries on anyone. I'd rather beat the whiners at full strength.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Bowman was all over the field when we played the 49ers in our season opener. He is the engine of their defense and an elite player at his position. Huge loss. Always sad to see a good player go down to injury, even if it helps the Rams on the field.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Damn. I can't hate them at full strength unless they have their best players. That dude is legit. Wish him a speedy recovery....so he can get back on the field and we can beat him and stuff.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
49ers having problems.........that makes all of the areas on my body that have erectile tissue go to full on celebration mode.

Fuck the 49ers. Forever.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Hugh Loss for the 49ers! I like it! They aren't going to Win many games without Bowman!
See.That's what I like about you Dave..No P.C. B.S. with you Brother
just straight hate for the enemy.Stay Strong my Rams compadre.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
damn hate to see that. really like Bowman.. obviously not when we're playing against him but he's a great player and seems like a good dude. hope he recovers

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This injury didn't even involve contact...yikes...

Don't know if you remember but I tore the Achilles on my right leg twice while playing soccer in high school. The first time I was kicked, the second time no one was near me and it just snapped on its own.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
They shouldn't have signed him to that extension this off-season. Bit of hindsight, but just no need to do it because he had a couple of years left and had some injury issues before from the NFC championship game. Hard to believe they were in the championship game so recently.

Bowman is a respectable player. Sucks for him career wise. I think this puts him on slight decline to accelerated decline to potential career finisher.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Don't know if you remember but I tore the Achilles on my right leg twice while playing soccer in high school. The first time I was kicked, the second time no one was near me and it just snapped on its own.
I remember one for sure. Although, I thought it happened playing football, not fussball. :thinking:;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember one for sure. Although, I thought it happened playing football, not fussball. :thinking:;)

Nah, these were both soccer injuries that happened at the beginning and the end of my senior year. Never got hurt playing football, only embarrassed. :)

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
As others have said it sucks to see such a great player go down, even on a division rival. Truly one of the best MLBs in the league. But I won't miss him on Xmas eve meeting Todd in the hole :sneaky:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Nah, these were both soccer injuries that happened at the beginning and the end of my senior year. Never got hurt playing football, only embarrassed. :)
So, your feelings got hurt playing football. Got it. ;):pillowfight:

I wasn't allowed to play football. Mom said I'd get hurt. "You vil pley zoccer!!":coach: Yeah, right mom.:redcard: I never got hurt playing soccer! I couldn't even make a good estimate of how many ER visits and xrays happened from soccer. :thinking: