49 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Already at the halfway point.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who was a fan of the Rams in 60s and 70s. That team had so much fucking talent just to get beat by the Cowboys or Vikings every year. That must have been so frustrating.

Anyway, Rod Perry is today’s number.

View: https://youtu.be/nxX9tuEmkhU

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mickey Sutton
1595515833769.png

Brit Miller
1595516018165.png

Putz Linehan brought in Richard Owens & cut one hell of a FB in Madison Hedgecock.
1595516116641.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Already at the halfway point.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who was a fan of the Rams in 60s and 70s. That team had so much fucking talent just to get beat by the Cowboys or Vikings every year. That must have been so frustrating.

1974 and 1976 NFC Championship Games (both in Minnesota) were the two toughest for me. Believe those Rams teams were better, and even better those days but lost both times in close games.

They either played poorly or were completely out-played in the 1975 and 1978 NFC Championship Games at home against the Cowboys

To be honest and objective, also thought the Cowboys were the better team in ‘76, ‘79 and 1983 when the Rams beat them in Dallas.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1974 and 1976 NFC Championship Games (both in Minnesota) were the two toughest for me. Believe those Rams teams were better, and even better those days but lost both times in close games.

First off, I only wish the built they Hubert H. Humphrey Metro Dome several years earlier, also in 1974 TE Pat Curran moved before the snap at the goal line and then the Vikings picked off a pass, they would of scored easily iMO with James Harris on a QB Sneak. Also Rams had many turnovers, seemed in post season after the loss in 1973, Chuck Knox got tight in the playoffs. In 76, IMO, the Vikings were better because Pat Haden was the QB and IMHO, he was subpar at best.

FWIW, when Carroll Rosenbloom hired George Allen in 1978 one of his reasons he said was Allen's ability to beat Dallas, however, the Vikings were the main nemesis as under Knox the Rams were 1-2 against Dallas, but 0-3 against Minnesota.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In 76, IMO, the Vikings were better because Pat Haden was the QB and IMHO, he was subpar at best.

The Rams took the opening KO in 1976 and drove down the field with their running game to the goal line but could not punch it in. Took more than half the quarter. From inside the one, Knox decided they had to have points from the drive and sent out Dempsey for an XP field goal.

Not only was it blocked but the ball was returned for a touchdown.

Fourteen point swing.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Rams took the opening KO in 1976 and drove down the field with their running game to the goal line but could not punch it in. Took more than half the quarter. From inside the one, Knox decided they had to have points from the drive and sent out Dempsey for an XP field goal.

Not only was it blocked but the ball was returned for a touchdown.

Fourteen point swing.

Correct and many on the team said, Haden tried to run a QB sneak and got stuffed because he was so tiny, they felt, James Harris was better and would have easily scored. Tom Dempsey was not very good for the Rams, because he could not elevate the ball, many of his kicks were blocked, it happened against Dallas too in 1975...I'm sure at the time the Rams thought Dempsey was an upgrade, but they would have been better off with a soccer style kicker and maybe someone younger IMO.