4 GSOT HOF eligible

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here is my bet on the order they go in with comments.

Pace - clearly one of the best two tackles in the modern era. 1st ballot
Bruce- better than all other WR in the modern era except Rice and maybe Irwin. As good as Chris carter and look how long it took him 2nd or 3rd time around.
Warner-very good but did not get the second ring but has the underdog story of all time. Look at the list of 1 time or two time suberbowl winners who are not in and the stats of QBs without a SB who needed multiple tries. 2nd to 4th try.
Holt- second tier of all time greats not as good as the Buffaloe WRs or not better than Tim Brown . 6th - 8th try

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd rather they wait a year or two on all of them and then induct them all at once, that would be special. A GSOT HOF year.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think Pace had a pretty steep decline the last few years and that might cost him first ballot. But then again NFL voters are not nearly as asinine as Baseball voters so hopefully they prove me wrong.

Warner's a lock, and I like Bruce's chances more than Holt's. But I hope to see them all in some day. Probably not together.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I think Pace had a pretty steep decline the last few years and that might cost him first ballot.

What about Warners last few years in St. Louis and his time in NY and his early stint in Arizona. A much longer "drought" than Pace. How many great years did Warner have, 3 or 4, maybe 5 at best. Pace was considerd the best LT for 8or 9 years.

Last edited:

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
If Warner and Pace (hopefully other Rams) I will be making the trek the to HOF induction next year! Good luck to all our beloved Rams!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This is who I think gets in:

Kurt Warner, Isaac Bruce, Orlando Pace, Kevin Greene, Junior Seau, Don Coryell.

In no particular order.

I realize it's Ram heavy. That's incidental and unfortunately it may hurt guys like Kevin Greene or Isaac Bruce which is a shame.

I looked at all those guys and this is the list I would go with. Then again, I haven't heard anyone "make the case" the way the writers make the case for some of these guys do. Some of these cases are...very compelling.

But...Kurt Warner. 2 x league MVP. 3 highest yardage totals in Super Bowl history. Super Bowl MVP. Took 2 historically bad teams to the Super Bowl, neither of which has tasted success since he left.

Isaac Bruce. 1781 yards from Chris Miller in 1995. Let's just let THAT sink in. And that would have been an NFL record until 2012 when Calvin Johnson broke it, except Jerry Rice had 1848 yds that same year. And he had a slightly better QB... Game winning catch in the Super Bowl, one of the best route runners to ever play the game and over 15 thousand yards, part of the GSOT. His single year total is still the 3rd highest... of all time. If Jerry Rice is #1, Isaac Bruce is 1a.

Orlando Pace. A prototype LT who dominated in a way few others have. The awards are too numerous to mention. He beat normally dominating defenders with power, grace and technique. He was flagged less than once per year for holding during his career, a staggering stat.

Kevin Greene. One of the best 3-4 OLBs to ever play the game. His 160 sacks is MORE than Lawrence Taylors and if it weren't for the lost year of 1996 with the Rams converting to a 4-3 DE under Jeff Fisher (yeah...) and the 1997 lockout, he could potentially have had 20+ more sacks on his resume. With every team he played with, Rams, Steelers and Panthers, he demonstrated that he was one of the greatest pass rushers of all time.

Junior Seau. One of those special players that just can't be fully accounted for because he was unconventional. His brain was just on another level. He found a way to the football that only revealed its way to others on the tape...later. During the game, he just...attacked. And attacked. And attacked. The Hall of Fame is reserved for special players who change the game and the position and Junior Seau did just that. Even during the latter stages of his 19 year career, he found ways to be special.

Don Coryell. If ever there was an offensive mind and innovator who changed the game, it was Don Coryell. His Air Coryell offense is still used in variants today. I could go on and on about Don Coryell and his offense, but that requires almost a book to be done properly. Of everyone on this list, Don Coryell deserves to be in the hall MOST. You simply cannot talk about modern NFL offenses without talking about Don Coryell. He changed the game. Greatly and for the better.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I think Warner and Pace are first ballot. Unfortunately with the log jam at WR Bruce and Holt will not get in first ballot. They will get in eventually though.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I just dont see anyway they put three players from the same team on first ballot. Bruce deserves it over T Brown in my opinion because he has 1 ring and went to the dance a second time. It would be so amazing to see our top three all get in first ballot. That would exclamation point the greatness of that team and what they accomplished. It would be one of the.best hall of fame stories ever.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
What about Warners last few years in St. Louis and his time in NY and his early stint in Arizona. A much longer "drought" than Pace. How many great years did Warner have, 3 or 4, maybe 5 at best. Pace was considerd the best LT for 8or 9 years.

I do not think he saying it is the number of years - just the last impression they gave when they retired (I could be wrong though). Warner was 1 yr removed from a miracle SB run and had led his team to the playoffs again. Pace was well past his prime and he and his team did nothing to stand out those last few years. Warner gave the impression of a guy going out on his terms near the top of his game, Pace seemed to stick around to long.

I agree that Warner had far more down years than Pace in his career.

Just my 2cents - I think Warner is 1st ballot, Pace is either 1st year or 2nd year, Bruce I hope for but wouldn't be surprised to see it take 5ish years, and Torry is likely outside looking in (though I think it is wrong - I am basing it the slow rate WR are getting in).