3rd down WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I have watched them try to make Austin into Amendola for the past 3 training camps. He just doesn't have the skill set to make it work. When TJ Moe runs these routes BETTER than Austin, it's time to just stop trying to force a square peg into the round hole. Austin can be a playmaker and a valuable piece of this team. Just seems to me that there a lot of people who still considers him a WR first and foremost and think he is something more than he actually is.

Even going back to all of his success at WVU. It wasn't as a pure WR. It was as a multidimensional "weapon". He had monster days as a RB, returner, and yes as a receiver. But he was never the primary threat as a WR.
How hard is it to learn a relatively limited route tree? Shouldn't that be one of those elements of football that can be learned with enough repetition, unlike, say, speed and vision?

RamWoodie

Legend
I have a concern here too...and I ain't a coach...but it's pretty obvious to me that Bailey is not being used enough! I don't know if it's because he and Foles aren't on the same page...but I think Bailey has to be on the field more.

If Quick gets on the field and returns to form...it'll be a huge difference because it appears teams are apparently doubling on Britt and playing "over/under" coverage on Cook.

I think it's simply a matter of having more "threat potential" on WR. Cook can play out wide...and I'd like to see that more too.

*Perhaps* I gave Cignetti too much credit after the Seattle game, because the offense has been pretty stagnant since then...but maybe there's also the possibility that the "offensive philosophy" hasn't come to fruition, because there's been many times when I wondered if the WR's really understood what they were trying to do on a play.

I really don't know what's up...but I know it has to get better.

fearsomefour

Legend
Very interesting. Find it so hard to believe Danny has better burst because Tavon is a far superior athlete. They just gotta pop in tape of Danny and make Tavon watch it for five straight hours. That's who we need him to be.
The difference between quick and fast I suppose.
Guys like Henry Ellard got open all the time by being able to change direction, cut, without any shuffling of the feet....they could change direction and are quick. Austin is very fast for sure and electric in the open field.
This is the thing with Cook also. He can post a great 40 time for a big guy, but, he is not quick. It takes him a bit to get going and he has hard time changing direction. He is purely a big guy with straight line speed. The lack of quickness, change of direction ect limits him.