35 TDs is special

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sam is on pace for 35 TDs.

I don't think a lot of people realize how hard it is to throw 35 TDs.

Over the last 5 years the only guys to do that were:
1 Drew Brees
2 Aaron Rodgers
3 Peyton Manning
4 Tom Brady
5 Matt Stafford

If Sam gets close to 35 TDs, he has got to be the guy going forward. I don't care what the Rams record is, they won't be drafting a QB high next year.

Graphicker

Starter
Can't get too high as we can't get too low.. I'm just tempering expectations, But these last 2 weeks make it extremely hard to.
Don't wanna ruin the good vibes right now..

jjab360

Legend
But, but, but... Sam is just stealing TDs from the running game, it doesn't mean anything.

"Take TDs out of the equation" and Sam has thrown for 0 TDs and 3 INTs... that is terrible.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jjab360 said:
"Take TDs out of the equation" and Sam has thrown for 0 TDs and 3 INTs... that is terrible.

:rofl:

I'm rolling up my sleeves and supporting our team.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
jjab360 said:
But, but, but... Sam is just stealing TDs from the running game, it doesn't mean anything.

Larry? Is that you?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, there are guys out there in the media who are totally out of it on this.

Frank Cusumano was on the radio today asking the question "if Bradford throws 35 TD and the Rams win 9 or 10 games do you stick with him or draft a QB with the Redskins pick next year?"

I thought this guy was legit. He's clueless.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sam is awesome and just keeps getting better. No question he's our guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We shall see where he ends up after the season, he needs to show some consistency and better accuracy. The O is gelling at pretty much the rate I thought, I've been saying 6 weeks in we would see a different team on that side.

Just in time too because the teams coming up after the Panthers are going to be mostly difficult tests.

I would guess though that only the most homer or homers would have had our guys with a better record than this so far so that 7-9 win range is within striking distance.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
LesBaker said:
We shall see where he ends up after the season, he needs to show some consistency and better accuracy. The O is gelling at pretty much the rate I thought, I've been saying 6 weeks in we would see a different team on that side.

Just in time too because the teams coming up after the Panthers are going to be mostly difficult tests.

I would guess though that only the most homer or homers would have had our guys with a better record than this so far so that 7-9 win range is within striking distance.

If he shows more consistency and better accuracy than he has so far he may have 40 TDs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
max said:
LesBaker said:

If he shows more consistency and better accuracy than he has so far he may have 40 TDs.

I don't know about that. I think 30 TDs is a reasonable expectation with his start. Remember...he has to play Seattle twice and SF again. Our second half schedule is pretty tough. I don't see 40 TDs...especially if Stacy continues to play well, he'll eat into some of Sam's TDs eventually. If Sam continues to play well, I'd say 30 TDs to about 10-12 Ints is a reasonable expectation. Anything more is cake.

And if he does that, they're not replacing him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Graphicker said:
[hilite]Can't get too high as we can't get too low[/hilite].. I'm just tempering expectations, But these last 2 weeks make it extremely hard to.
Ain't that the truth. There's been a complete shift in the perception of this team, its players and its coaches over the past couple of weeks. And if/when they lose again (badly), then the scales are going to tilt in the other direction again I'm sure.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
Graphicker said:
[hilite]Can't get too high as we can't get too low[/hilite].. I'm just tempering expectations, But these last 2 weeks make it extremely hard to.
Ain't that the truth. There's been a complete shift in the perception of this team, its players and its coaches over the past couple of weeks. And if/when they lose again (badly), then the scales are going to tilt in the other direction again I'm sure.

That stuff is for the players, and I hope they live that, but I'm a freakin' fanatic! I'm jacked and calling for a 13-3 regular season and a win in New York this February!!! OMG, the celebratory scoring shots from Sunday may still be lingering...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Bradford's performance in Houston makes me feel for the first time this year that a breakout year for him is possible.

Before this game, I was very skeptical. He just didn't quite look right. Sam showed me a lot more in Houston. He really looked in command of this offense. Maybe Vermeil was right, too many coaches telling him the right way of doing things. And they were telling him a different way at the start of the season than what they were telling him at the end of last season.

jap

Legend
max said:
Bradford's performance in Houston makes me feel for the first time this year that a breakout year for him is possible.

Before this game, I was very skeptical. He just didn't quite look right. Sam showed me a lot more in Houston. He really looked in command of this offense. Maybe Vermeil was right, too many coaches telling him the right way of doing things. And they were telling him a different way at the start of the season than what they were telling him at the end of last season.

It's called information overload. :ww:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know that everyone concentrates on the QB. But as I've said before, Sam is far from one of our biggest issues right now. He just isn't. All you have to do is watch throws like the one he made to Cook or the one that was short armed by Givens. His accuracy and release are rare commodities.

I'd rather see us worry about other positions and actually BUILD a team instead of constantly searching for the next Peyton Manning or Kurt Warner. How many position upgrades does a 1st round QB cost you? And then you are going to bank on getting a better QB than Sam while you piddle away on other positions of need?

Fuck it. Build a monster that even Terry Bradshaw could win with.

iced

RamFan503 said:
I know that everyone concentrates on the QB. But as I've said before, Sam is far from one of our biggest issues right now. He just isn't. All you have to do is watch throws like the one he made to Cook or the one that was short armed by Givens. His accuracy and release are rare commodities.

I'd rather see us worry about other positions and actually BUILD a team instead of constantly searching for the next Peyton Manning or Kurt Warner. How many position upgrades does a 1st round QB cost you? And then you are going to bank on getting a better QB than Sam while you piddle away on other positions of need?

freak it. Build a monster that even Terry Bradshaw could win with.

If Joe Flacco can win a super bowl, I'm more than sure Bradford can too

fearsomefour

Legend
max said:
Sam is on pace for 35 TDs.

I don't think a lot of people realize how hard it is to throw 35 TDs.

Over the last 5 years the only guys to do that were:
1 Drew Brees
2 Aaron Rodgers
3 Peyton Manning
4 Tom Brady
5 Matt Stafford

If Sam gets close to 35 TDs, he has got to be the guy going forward. I don't care what the Rams record is, they won't be drafting a QB high next year.

If you look at that list one thing that they have in common (certainly in the case of Brees, Rodgers, Manning and Brady) are offenses that the QBs have a say in and offenses that are geared toward their talent sets. Manning, Rodgers and Stafford to a lesser degree were "cant miss" guys out of college if memory serves. Brady was drafted lowly and Brees was run out of San Diego as a failure.
The player has to have the physical talent (Bradford has that) the mental facility (he is getting there I think) and the O in place to take advantage of what the player brings to the table (that is up in the air).
Bradford is having a very nice season and regardless of how the rest of it plays out (unless something unforeseen happens) Bradford is the guy. Its the TD to Int ratio that has me excited....esp when you consider the two pic sixes that were tipped at the line. Bradford may be a little conservative with the ball but that is better than the alternative. I see nothing in the draft in terms of risk/reward with a QB that would make sense to replace Bradford and nothing in FA.
I will keep saying it....Bradford or bust.

fearsomefour

Legend
RamFan503 said:

Well said.
Hope Washington gives us a high enough pick someone is willing to overpay to get a QB.
Draft a difference making DT to team with Brockers, an OT, a CB, set money aside for playoff tickets.
Sometimes what the next big thing needs is time to develop. It is easy to forget Bradford in 25, younger and Kap and the team is still developing. Im with you.
It will certainly be interesting to see where Bradford is when he is in his prime....about 5-7 years from now. The folks who were calling for his head will have to own it.

…..

Legend
RamFan503 said:

Good post with periphial vision enhanced... Way to go brewmaster....keep up this shiot and we'll have to offer you a membership here.... :lmao: