32 team mock (recent QB news update)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. Chiefs- Luke Joekel, OT. Nothing changed here, despite them visiting w/ Geno Smith a lot.

2. Jags- Dion Jordan, OLB/DE. This is the only team that really needs a new QB, but w/ all the recent moves they might go for one in the 2nd. They'll take Dion as their version of Von Miller.

3. Raiders- Sharrif Fllyod, DT. Matt Flynn trade shuts the door on any 1st round QB.

4. Eagles- Eric Fisher, OT. Stabilize that OL.

5. Lions- Lane Johnson, OT. They lost both starting OTs in the offseason and only Riley Reiff is a starter. They'll take Lane and protect their huge investment @ QB (who's bound to get a new contract).

6. Browns- Jarvis Jones, LB. Teaming Jarvis Jones up with Paul Kruger gives Cleveland and Ray Horton a potentially deadly pass rush.

7. Cardinals- Chance Warmack, OG. Carson Palmer gives them a decent QB; OL help is OL help.

8. Bills- Coradarrelle Patterson, WR. Kevin Kolb gets a 2 year, $13 mil deal, in the meantime he needs weapons outside Stevie Johnson and Chandler Jones left in FA.

9. Jets- Star Lotuleilei. Sione Pouha retired, creating a hole there @ NT. Jets can't screw this pick up.

10. Titans- Ezikiel Ansah, DE. Two FA gaurds eliminates Jon Cooper. They need a pass rush w/ Derrick Morgan (who's getting better) in a offense heavy division.

11. Chargers- Dee Milliner, CB. SD is amazed Dee is still on the board; and he makes sense since Quintin Jammer is getting older.

12. Dolphins- Xavier Rhodes, CB. Miami needs to replace Sean Smith.

13. Bucs- Desmond Trufant, CB. The run on CBs continues as Tampa has not traded for Darrelle Revis (yet). Either way, they need secondary help.

14. Panthers- Sheldon Richarson, DT. Panthers get their guy and helps their run D.

15. Saints- Menelik Watson, OT. Wait what? Don't they need a 3-4 pass rusher? Yup, but they lost starting OT Jermon Bushrod in FA and offense is still king there; Drew Brees and his high contract need to be protected.

16. Rams- Eddie Lacy, RB. Rams get their man (even tho the PD shits bricks). I'd rather do this @ 22, but Les Snead and Jeff Fisher don't want to risk it.

17. Steelers- Barkevious Mingo, LB. Thank you NO. James Harrison release and BPA allows Pittsburgh to do what it does best. Get the damn QB.

18. Cowboys- Kenny Vacarro, S. Dallas finally improves their safety position.

19. Giants- Bjoern Werner, DE. Osi left, Justin Tuck can retire any moment; JPP had a down year and will probably get double/triple teamed more.

20. Bears- Jon Cooper, OG. There he goes, the Bears finish "fixing" their OL giving Jay Cutler possibly his last chance.

21. Bengals- Matt Elam, S. They have young CBs, LBs, and a damn good DL. Finish the D by adding Matt Elam.

22. Rams- Justin Hunter, WR. The Rams pass on Tavon Austin and go for an outside guy giving Sam Bradford another tall target.

23. Vikings- Tavon Austin, WR. Vikings replace Percy Harvin, and cause PD nutjobs to forever compare the WRs.

24. JAGUARS TRADE WITH COLTS: Geno Smith, QB. Jags give Blaine some competition and gives the city something to get excited about.

25. Vikings- Matt Barkley, QB. Minnesota gets pissed that they missed out on Geno, but they take Matt and like in Jax, give Christian Ponder competition.

26. Packers- Tyler Eifert, TE. Giving Aaron Rodgers another weapon.

27. Texans- Jonathan Cryperian, S. Glover Quin departure suddenly creates a hole @ safety. Besides, as good as the Texans D is, they can get lit up.

28. Broncos- Manti Teo, LB. I believe this is the best fit; a team w/ Peyton Manning who probably wouldn't allow any off field antics.

29. Patriots- Kawann Short, DT. They take BPA, and develop him after Vince Wilfork.

30. Falcons- Demontre Moore, DE. Falcons get their other pass rusher opposite Osi. This team needs all the pass rushers it can get.

31. 49ers- Jon Jenkins, DT. 49ers need a new NT.

32. Ravens- Alec Ogletree, LB.Darnel Ellebre/Ray Lewis leaving creates a hole.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I have doubts that if Austin is on the board at 16 the rams would skip him for that matter i dont know if he will even drop to them. I like the lacy pic better at 22 then 16 but still questionable to me

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tavon Austin is crazy. On one hand he's really good, but on the other teams will go conservative and traditional route.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Rabid Ram said:
I agree yet i still don't see us passing on him
I do see us passing on him....unfortunately. Maybe even at #22,in the unlikely scenario that he falls there.

I hope im way off.

nighttrain

Legend
Rabid Ram said:
I have doubts that if Austin is on the board at 16 the rams would skip him for that matter i dont know if he will even drop to them. I like the lacy pic better at 22 then 16 but still questionable to me
i hate that draft for the Rams, just hate it
train

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Some talking head asked the question "Is Lacy to injured to run or is he just to slow to run?".

I think that's a valid point. Im not sure there are any RBs worth a 1st round pick this year. No way I take Lacy at 16

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get that Eddie Lacy isn't one of those "can't miss RBs" like AP. But for this draft, he's the best one, and if they really want him, they'll get him. I just don't think they'll play the waiting game after what happened with Justin Blackmon; if reports of Jeff Fisher slamming his glasses down when Jax took him are true.

Edit: And don't forget Arizona cut Beanie Wells this year. So if Eddie Lacy doesn't go in the 1st, that's a prime destination for him. All of a sudden, Arizona would get a good "triplet" w/ Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, and Eddie Lacy. If also they happen to get one of the top OTs in the draft...well they suddenly have a good a shot as anyone at winning the division.