3 Reasons Rams Fans Should Cheer For The Seattle Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I dunno. I think I'd rather just not watch football.

by Nathan KearnsRams
http://ramblinfan.com/2013/01/05/3-reas ... -seahawks/

For Rams Nation, the matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and the Washington Redskins will be a tough one to watch. On one side of the football, you have a division rival; specifically, the only team in the NFC West to hand the St. Louis Rams a loss this season. On the other side, you have a team led by a quarterback that will forever be linked back to the Rams’ franchise, as well as the team that holds the keys to St. Louis’ second 1st round pick in the 2013 draft. For some, the hatred for one team or the other might cause your “cheering decision” to be swayed. But, for those who have yet to choose a side, here are three reasons to throw your support behind the Seattle Seahawks.

1. The Seattle Seahawks winning does nothing to effect the Rams in the coming year. However, they do represent St. Louis is a way, being in the same division and all. While intra-divisional games are heated, there is some pride to be taken when the rest of the teams are dominate. The farther the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks go in the playoffs, the more respect and recognition the NFC West will garner from around the league. The NFC East, on the other hand, already gets more attention and hype than they deserve. A win by the Washington Redskins not only means that we will have to listen to more media fawning over Robert Griffin III, but also about the East as a whole. No one wants to have to hear more about the Cowboys or the Eagles than absolutely necessary… no one.

2. Not only will a Seahawks win draw respect for the division, it will also drop their draft slot further down the board. In the first round, towards the middle and the end, the unpredictability of teams’ selections increases exponentially. Trade ups and trade downs are much more likely, especially as you inch closer to the divide between the 1st and 2nd round. That means that “top guy” on your board could easily slip away. Granted,there is that possibility anywhere in the draft, but the talent and “guarantees” of starting prospects significantly decline at that point.

3. Most importantly, you might cheer for the Seattle Seahawks simply because they happen to be the team playing against the Washington Redskins, who are currently holding the St. Louis Rams second 1st rounder hostage. The Rams have several major holes to fill, especially at safety, tackles, and outside linebacker. Unfortunately, this years draft is filled with more late round talents than Top 5 prospects in those respective positions, especially in the safety slots. A single-spot drop in the draft could be difference between nabbing the best available player at a position, or having to shift draft philosophies completely. You do not have to look too far into St. Louis’ drafting history to see that scenario play itself out. Think back to last season, after Jacksonville jumped the Rams and took Justin Blackmon off the board. The Rams went from drafting the number one wide receiver prospect to trading down eight spots and selecting a raw, run-stuffing defensive tackle. Clearly, the move works out for the best, especially considering the Rams got an additional second round from the Dallas Cowboys. Still, only the best players will be at the top of a Jeff Fisher/Les Snead draft board, so, the earlier the pick, the better. Moreover, should the Rams decide to trade away that second pick, the value of the return on that pick could significantly change from a low-20th to a late-20th…

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: 3 Reasons Rams Fans Should Cheer For The Seattle Seahawk

I think Seattle is going to win.

Either way it wont feel good. It'll be like watching your dog get kicked or your other dog get kicked. No matter what happens it wont feel good.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

bluecoconuts said:
I think Seattle is going to win.

Either way it wont feel good. It'll be like watching your dog get kicked or your other dog get kicked. No matter what happens it wont feel good.

Nah...it's going to work out great.

Redskins get knocked out this week...I'll be cheering as we will know where the Rams pick...good weekend for Rams fans.

Next weekend, Seattle loses and picks towards then end of each round. Good weekend for Rams fans.

The following weekend, 49ers lose and pick even later in each round. Good weekend for Rams fans.

Heck, these playoffs are about as good as it gets with our team not in it!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Sum1BTRthnU said:
Nah...it's going to work out great.

Redskins get knocked out this week...I'll be cheering as we will know where the Rams pick...good weekend for Rams fans.

Next weekend, Seattle loses and picks towards then end of each round. Good weekend for Rams fans.

The following weekend, 49ers lose and pick even later in each round. Good weekend for Rams fans.

Heck, these playoffs are about as good as it gets with our team not in it!

I like the way you're think'n.

I don't think I'll be exactly cheering tomorrow for Seattle. I'll probably be totally numb just watching the game. But; I want the best pick possible from Washington.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I would normally favor amy team from our division in any sport. I know smart money says to pull for the Skins to lose. I won't be cheering for WA either but I would cheer for Seattle getting kicked in the teeth. So I guess I'm saying, "Just FUCK - OFF - AND - DIE - seacocks."

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

X said:

by Nathan KearnsRams

For Rams Nation, the matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and the Washington Redskins will be a tough one to watch. On one side of the football, you have a division rival; specifically, the only team in the NFC West to hand the St. Louis Rams a loss this season. On the other side, you have a team led by a quarterback that will forever be linked back to the Rams’ franchise, as well as the team that holds the keys to St. Louis’ second 1st round pick in the 2013 draft. For some, the hatred for one team or the other might cause your “cheering decision” to be swayed. But, for those who have yet to choose a side, here are three reasons to throw your support behind the Seattle Seahawks.

1. The Seattle Seahawks winning does nothing to (A)ffect the Rams in the coming year. However, they do represent St. Louis is a way, being in the same division and all. While int(ER)-divisional games are heated, there is some pride to be taken when the rest of the teams are domina(NT). The farther the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks go in the playoffs, the more respect and recognition the NFC West will garner from around the league. The NFC East, on the other hand, already gets more attention and hype than they deserve. A win by the Washington Redskins not only means that we will have to listen to more media fawning over Robert Griffin III, but also about the East as a whole. No one wants to have to hear more about the Cowboys or the Eagles than absolutely necessary… no one.

2. Not only will a Seahawks win draw respect for the division, it will also drop their draft slot further down the board. In the first round, towards the middle and the end, the unpredictability of teams’ selections increases exponentially. Trade ups and trade downs are much more likely, especially as you inch closer to the divide between the 1st and 2nd round. That means that “top guy” on your board could easily slip away. Granted,there is that possibility anywhere in the draft, but the talent and “guarantees” of starting prospects significantly decline at that point.

3. Most importantly, you might cheer for the Seattle Seahawks simply because they happen to be the team playing against the Washington Redskins, who are currently holding the St. Louis Rams second 1st rounder hostage. The Rams have several major holes to fill, especially at safety, tackles, and outside linebacker. Unfortunately, this years draft is filled with more late round talents than Top 5 prospects in those respective positions, especially in the safety slots. A single-spot drop in the draft could be difference between nabbing the best available player at a position, or having to shift draft philosophies completely. You do not have to look too far into St. Louis’ drafting history to see that scenario play itself out. Think back to last season, after Jacksonville jumped the Rams and took Justin Blackmon off the board. The Rams went from drafting the number one wide receiver prospect to trading down eight spots and selecting a raw, run-stuffing defensive tackle. Clearly, the move work(ED) out for the best, especially considering the Rams got an additional second round from the Dallas Cowboys. Still, only the best players will be at the top of a Jeff Fisher/Les Snead draft board, so, the earlier the pick, the better. Moreover, should the Rams decide to trade away that second pick, the value of the return on that pick could significantly change from a low-20th to a late-20th…

I refuse to support English as bastardised as that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ScotsRam said:
X said:

by Nathan KearnsRams

1. The Seattle Seahawks winning does nothing to (A)ffect the Rams in the coming year. However, they do represent St. Louis is a way, being in the same division and all. While int(ER)-divisional games are heated, there is some pride to be taken when the rest of the teams are domina(NT). The farther the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks go in the playoffs, the more respect and recognition the NFC West will garner from around the league. The NFC East, on the other hand, already gets more attention and hype than they deserve. A win by the Washington Redskins not only means that we will have to listen to more media fawning over Robert Griffin III, but also about the East as a whole. No one wants to have to hear more about the Cowboys or the Eagles than absolutely necessary… no one.

3. Most importantly, you might cheer for the Seattle Seahawks simply because they happen to be the team playing against the Washington Redskins, who are currently holding the St. Louis Rams second 1st rounder hostage. The Rams have several major holes to fill, especially at safety, tackles, and outside linebacker. Unfortunately, this years draft is filled with more late round talents than Top 5 prospects in those respective positions, especially in the safety slots. A single-spot drop in the draft could be difference between nabbing the best available player at a position, or having to shift draft philosophies completely. You do not have to look too far into St. Louis’ drafting history to see that scenario play itself out. Think back to last season, after Jacksonville jumped the Rams and took Justin Blackmon off the board. The Rams went from drafting the number one wide receiver prospect to trading down eight spots and selecting a raw, run-stuffing defensive tackle. Clearly, the move works out for the best, especially considering the Rams got an additional second round from the Dallas Cowboys. Still, only the best players will be at the top of a Jeff Fisher/Les Snead draft board, so, the earlier the pick, the better. Moreover, should the Rams decide to trade away that second pick, the value of the return on that pick could significantly change from a low-20th to a late-20th…

I refuse to support English as bastardised as that.
Don't you mean bastardized? :razzed:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Heh... heh. :what:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

RamFan503 said:
I would normally favor amy team from our division in any sport. I know smart money says to pull for the Skins to lose. I won't be cheering for WA either but I would cheer for Seattle getting kicked in the teeth. So I guess I'm saying, "Just FUCK - OFF - AND - DIE - seacocks."

+1

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

I can give 3 reasons not to root for the Seahocks.

1. Pete Carroll
2. The success of a division rival in the playoffs doesn't really translate to respect for the Rams. Certainly not for Seattle or SF fans.
3. Who cares how much ass-kissing RG3 gets for beating the Seahocks? So long as they lose to Atlanta, it won't matter. And we won't have to hear any accolades for Wilson.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.

Ram Quixote said:
I can give 3 reasons not to root for the Seahocks.

1. Pete Carroll
2. The success of a division rival in the playoffs doesn't really translate to respect for the Rams. Certainly not for Seattle or SF fans.
3. Who cares how much ass-kissing RG3 gets for beating the Seahocks? So long as they lose to Atlanta, it won't matter. And we won't have to hear any accolades for Wilson.

You had me after the first reason. ;)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I'm not worried where Washington's pick is. A 1st rounder is a 1st rounder. Donta Hightower, Whitney Mercilus, David Wilson, Doug Martin, Harrison Smith were all picked in the late 20s.

In 2009, the top 5 vs. the back end of the draft was huge. In the back end: Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, Oher, Vontae Davis, Clay Matthews, Erik Wood, Hakeem Nicks, Ziggy Hood.

Plus there's guys like Devin McCourty, Muhammad Wilkerson, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Mark Ingram, Cameron Heyward, were all picked in the back end in 2010 and 2011.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Angry Ram said:
I'm not worried where Washington's pick is. A 1st rounder is a 1st rounder. Donta Hightower, Whitney Mercilus, David Wilson, Doug Martin, Harrison Smith were all picked in the late 20s.

In 2009, the top 5 vs. the back end of the draft was huge. In the back end: Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, Oher, Vontae Davis, Clay Matthews, Erik Wood, Hakeem Nicks, Ziggy Hood.

Plus there's guys like Devin McCourty, Muhammad Wilkerson, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Mark Ingram, Cameron Heyward, were all picked in the back end in 2010 and 2011.

For me the earlier pick isn't who you can get as much as it is how much more value it holds in a trade situation.