28 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Been buried at work fellas, sorry.

A solid CB in Monte Jackson
1597326521944.png

Pat Studstill was a punter, but was also a WR and caught two TD's against the New York Giants in the last game of the year in 1970.
1597326631996.png

Not such a good CB, but from Oregon Clifford Hicks
1597326766964.png

USC great RB Anthony Davis
1597326842325.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I remember the 1970 season finale at Yankee Stadium.

Giants would have made the Playoffs for the first time in half a dozen years with a victory.

The Rams needed a win and a 49er loss to the Raiders but Oakland had clinched.

I listened to the game on a portable radio at my kitchen table because the game was blacked out in NY. As I recall, the Giants scored first but the Rams dominated and won 31-3. Studstill played at WR because of injuries and caught two TDs from Gabriel. Josephson and Ellison ran for touchdowns. The Defense was all over Fran Tarkenton.

The Rams finished 9-4-1 but the Niners defeated the Raiders. It was George Allen’s final game as Rams head coach.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The summer of Faulk's trade I made a bet that they would finally make the playoff. 12 pack of beer, I wasn't that confident. The only reason I did was due to the crappy ass hat reaction of one of my friends who crushed miniature Rams football helmet in front of me laughing.

The season and his play were just legendary. Needless to say, my friends wife has forbidden him making bets on football, especially against the Rams. Side note, the year the Rams waxed Peyton and the Broncos in St Louis he privately had made a lunch bet with me. Gave me the points, best lunch I had in years. I kept bringing up McCleod's hit on Sanders. The worst flag IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I listened to the game on a portable radio at my kitchen table because the game was blacked out in NY. As I recall, the Giants scored first but the Rams dominated and won 31-3. Studstill played at WR because of injuries and caught two TDs from Gabriel. Josephson and Ellison ran for touchdowns. The Defense was all over Fran Tarkenton.

The Rams finished 9-4-1 but the Niners defeated the Raiders. It was George Allen’s final game as Rams head coach.

It was not blacked out in Upstate, NY and I was only four years old, but I recall that game because it was close to Christmas and we were staying at my maternal Grandparent's house and I remember it because everyone was there, cousins, Uncles & Aunts and in the "Parlor" all the men were watching the football game and although I'm sure I was doing other things, I remember asking who was playing and seeing the Rams helmet for the first time, saying something about liking it and getting asked to leave the room and I'm quite sure that laid the foundation of being a Ram fan.
1597354243355.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It was not blacked out in Upstate, NY and I was only four years old, but I recall that game because it was close to Christmas and we were staying at my maternal Grandparent's house and I remember it because everyone was there, cousins, Uncles & Aunts and in the "Parlor" all the men were watching the football game and although I'm sure I was doing other things, I remember asking who was playing and seeing the Rams helmet for the first time, saying something about liking it and getting asked to leave the room and I'm quite sure that laid the foundation of being a Ram fan.
View attachment 38213
That’s a great photo.

George Allen next to Roman Gabriel, with Deacon Jones to the right.

In between Gabe and Deacon is future successful NFL head coach Ted Marchibroda.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
1999... I am at Rams camp in McComb. Back then, the autograph fence was 1 person deep. You saw every player as they came on/off practice field...

The player access was awesome, for a fan.

I have a 28 Faulk child’s jersey, a friend asked me to get signed by Marshall Faulk...

The practice I attempted to get that signed... Faulk comes out of locker room... I hold out the jersey, ask “do you have time to sign?”...

He slows, looks at it, looks at me... says “Isn’t that cute”. Smiles and keeps walking.

I sort of chuckled, because it was funny. But, I also knew I missed a good shot to get it signed.

No harm, after practice he stopped and signed it. :biggrin: