21 Nolan Cromwell Days to the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
That's the first Rams to pop to my mind but John Hadl was a close second. Not sure why, but I like 21 and 22 as QB numbers. I don't like any of the other 20's but for some reason, those two numbers work for Qb's in my mind.

Cromwell was a QB for Kansas before he came to the NFL and played safety for the Rams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's the first Rams to pop to my mind but John Hadl was a close second. Not sure why, but I like 21 and 22 as QB numbers. I don't like any of the other 20's but for some reason, those two numbers work for Qb's in my mind.

Cromwell was a QB for Kansas before he came to the NFL and played safety for the Rams.

So when the Rams to Eric Crouch they thought they could get lucky with he same experiment twice?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Hadl was a pretty good QB back in the day. I think his game would've transferred well to today's game.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So when the Rams to Eric Crouch they thought they could get lucky with he same experiment twice?
Crouch was a little too much like the nickname for a cat. Plus, the Rams(Martz) didn't even want him to switch sides of the ball they just wanted to exploit his athleticism. But he wanted to be a QB and QB only. Which, I can actually understand. But if your only shot at the NFL is to play WR/baby Slash, then you take your shot. Crouch wasn't even good enough to cut in Canada.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hadl was a pretty good QB back in the day. I think his game would've transferred well to today's game.
Yeah, Hadl's salad days were with the Chargers but he had a really good year for the Rams back in '72. Not only that, the Rams traded him to Green Bay for a real good return and just kept on winning the division. 7 different starting QB's that decade if I remember correctly. Hadl was used up by the time the Packers got him but he did return to the Rams as their OC in '81. Didn't work out too well but he did have a couple of cups of coffee with the Rams.