OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Does anyone else think the rams will try and probably succeed to move up to take Odunze if he is there in the 8-9-10 area he hast to get by the Titans I believe at 8 for a shot.
A trade up that high better be for Turner. Or it'll be pitchfork and torch time...

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Raiders really seem to like Penix
Beavis And Butthead Lol GIF by Paramount+

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know that Nix is a great QB to run the Shannahan/McVay system but I suspect the Vikings are looking at him as a plan B. My guess is they'll try to get to 2 or 3 but will also be happy to get to 4 or 5 if it gets them their QB. I don't think Daniel's is the ideal QB either for the S/M sxs (neither he nor Nix do a good job throwing over the middle - I guess they could improve) so I bet they want to grab Maye or JJ. Will settle for Nix.

Sure sounds like Wash likes Daniels at 2. What a mistake. Maye would be the right call. I hate that the Pats will prob take him not cause it'll make them good but they're such a bad team they might ruin him or at least not let him reach his potential - think Trevor Lawrence.
Regarding Washington, I just read that they are settled on taking McCarthy at two.

Daniels seems to have the biggest bust potential of the top 4 group of QBs

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fashanu is going to be this year's faller I think. There's just enough holes in his game that some teams will pass. I'd take him at 19. But he's not the cleanest LT prospect and his hands are the smallest of any offensive lineman in league history I think.
He’s great in pass pro. I don’t think that will be a problem for him. I worry about his run blocking. It never seemed to progress.

I was surprised by the small hands also. But arm length is a more important measurement imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The PFF guys are definitely an interesting listen but I like Tice and Maye a bit more, FWIW. They watch the tape and seem more dialed into the league and teams than the PFF guys so you get more of a sense of what teams are thinking.

Warren Sharpe still ends up being the most accurate at the end of the day and he's the guy to watch for tea leaves.
My favorite to listen to is the Yahoo Zero Blitz, (and Tice is on that one sometimes. )

I listen to PFF I like them

I listen to The Athletic, but man those guys tend to be boring.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Have mentioned in other threads that I would not be surprised if this happened and yeah Titans at #7 would be the hurdle. Atlanta at #8 would be an obvious trade partner if they wanted to build draft capital.
Exactly sorry yea my bad. Titans are key in thinking ATL will want to protect cousins very well

WestCoastRam

Legend
My favorite to listen to is the Yahoo Zero Blitz, and Tice is on that one sometimes. I listen to PFF but man those guys tend to be boring.
Oh, I never miss a Zero Blitz ep with Charles Robinson on it. Dude just scoops everyone in the league by 2-3 weeks consistently.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
A trade up that high better be for Turner. Or it'll be pitchfork and torch time...

I just think they would add the stud receiver with coop having that clause and they supposedly wanted Evans after that the rest of the draft probably defense but all speculation on my end it would be a cheap plug and play add to the offense while using the rest of the draft for defense then plugging with remaining free agents and any notable cut/cap casualties

WestCoastRam

Legend
Regarding Washington, I just read that they are settled on taking McCarthy at two.

Hahahaha... oh man that would be amazing. JJ going before Daniels I sorta see (though I'm not buying it) but him going before Maye, wow.

Regardless, I wouldn't want Kingsbury developing my star QB.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Wow, now that would be stunning. What a gamble it would be also. I'd want zero to do with it personally. I'd take Maye and be done with it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Does anyone else think the rams will try and probably succeed to move up to take Odunze if he is there in the 8-9-10 area he hast to get by the Titans I believe at 8 for a shot.
I think that's too high for us to move up for a wideout and given the current makeup of our roster. But if he slides into the teens the closer he gets then yeah I could see us jumping a small amount of spots for him. Problem is you're then spending at least another of your top 100 picks to ensure you get a wideout which is a need but not as big a need as some other positions.

Unless they are sitting on bad medical news with Kupp. If that were the case then I could see them doing crazy shit to get a WR they covet. But otherwise... Nah. Much better to sit tight and sort through the guys who fit what you are looking for. There are plenty of options.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I just think they would add the stud receiver with coop having that clause and they supposedly wanted Evans after that the rest of the draft probably defense but all speculation on my end it would be a cheap plug and play add to the offense while using the rest of the draft for defense then plugging with remaining free agents and any notable cut/cap casualties
As with CB, there's just so much talent at WR that there's no need to give up an asset, AND miss out on a top edge, just to get one (Odunze) that is only a little better than the one (Legette, Pearsall, Walker) you could get with a lower pick (83).

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
As with CB, there's just so much talent at WR that there's no need to give up an asset, AND miss out on a top edge, just to get one (Odunze) that is only a little better than the one (Legette, Pearsall, Walker) you could get with a lower pick (83).
I think odunze is a star very Julio Jones like but I do love love love Pearsall

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did I miss a transaction in the couple pages of draft talk I scrolled through?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be amazing. Raiders really seem to like Penix, would love for him to go in 1st too!
I know the Raiders are gonna Raider, but I can’t see them going QB after the $$ they spent on Minshew and how well O’Connell played last year.
Alas, they are the Ray-Duh’s for a reason.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

If I’m the titans, I have to ask myself if it’s more important to get one of the top WRs or protect my young QB with a LT and grab a WR in the 2nd or beyond. The second tier WRs are deep.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is OBJ an option for us later in free agency? I think he’d like to come back; maybe on a one year deal with at least some tread on the tires.

dang

Legend
Is OBJ an option for us later in free agency? I think he’d like to come back; maybe on a one year deal with at least some tread on the tires.
I’m sure OBJ would be interested but Rams need to pursue a long term inexpensive investment at WR.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I think there is a decent chance the Rams try to trade into the 8-10 range for a couple of players. Odunze being one and Turner being another.