OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pretty sure it says I4 which is Florida

Yeah, the graphics don’t match what the broadcasters are saying.

I drive on I-4 every day... that is not I-4. Interstate 4 starts in Daytona and basically heads southwest down to Tampa where it ends. So it starts on the east coast of FL and ends further south on the west coast of FL.

The video in that clip is the OJ Bronco vid.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The guaranteed money is the only part of Cam Sutton’s contract that will count against the Lions cap. That’s BS. It shouldn’t be any different than a player retires. His full contract should count against the cap as dead money.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The guaranteed money is the only part of Cam Sutton’s contract that will count against the Lions cap. That’s BS. It shouldn’t be any different than a player retires. His full contract should count against the cap as dead money.
It looks like it's a post June 1, so they'll get hit with dead money in 2025 too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
... It shouldn’t be any different than a player retires. His full contract should count against the cap as dead money.

You sure that's how it works?

Are you saying if a player has non-guaranteed salary and retires, that $ counts against the cap?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You sure that's how it works?

Are you saying if a player has non-guaranteed salary and retires, that $ counts against the cap?
IMG_9024.jpeg

I don’t think dead cap hirs are just guaranteed money. If the team makes it retro to June 1st, the dead money can b spread over the life of the contract.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
ADs contract the next three years is 25/25/9. Does he still have 59 million guaranteed on his contract?
I think Donald's contract and restructure were unique in high guarantees and an understanding that the Rams would not seek any return of previously paid bonus because of retirement.

Don't think you should be looking at Donald's deal as the standard.

If a player has a $10M salary for 2024 which is not guaranteed money and that player retires, that $10M does NOT hit the team's salary cap. I think that's pretty basic.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
View attachment 64940

I don’t think dead cap hirs are just guaranteed money. If the team makes it retro to June 1st, the dead money can b spread over the life of the contract.

Not sure what this is from but Dead-$ is essentially guaranteed-$, including (but not exclusively) bonus-$ already paid that was scheduled to be spread-out for cap purposes that accelerates (for accounting purposes) but can be impacted (again for accounting purposes) whether there is a pre or post June designation.

Again, I think this is pretty basic stuff.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure what this is from but Dead-$ is essentially guaranteed-$, including (but not exclusively) bonus-$ already paid that was scheduled to be spread-out for cap purposes that accelerates (for accounting purposes) but can be impacted (again for accounting purposes) whether there is a pre or post June designation.

Again, I think this is pretty basic stuff.
That’s how I think it should be. The Rams couldn’t have Guaranteed ADs full contract.

That link was from NFL.com

@dieterbrock

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That’s how I think it should be. The Rams couldn’t have Guaranteed ADs full contract.

That link was from NFL.com

@dieterbrock
Not sure what you mean by 'should be'

Your comment was that when a player retires'His full contract should count against the cap as dead money.'

Let me try this in a different way.
Kevin Dotson re-signed with the Rams. It’s a 3-year / $48M contract, with $32M guaranteed.
The cap hits to the Rams are $12.7M (2024) … $17.9M (2025) … $17.4M (2026). That totals $48M.
You can verify these amounts on OTC and/or Spotrac.

Should Dotson decide to retire after the 2024 season, are you suggesting the Rams would have cap hits of $17.9M in 2025 and $17.4M in 2026?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A retiring players signing bonus and restructures still count in the coming years. His roster bonuses and base salary's are paused in the event the player comes back his contract just resumes with those years. So say a player retires and has 3 years left of signing bonus that his the cap the scheduled years because the player has already been paid/earned that money. His roster bonuses and workout bonuses are yet to be earned same with the base pay so they don't hit the cap but they're still "on the books"

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
A retiring players signing bonus and restructures still count in the coming years. His roster bonuses and base salary's are paused in the event the player comes back his contract just resumes with those years. So say a player retires and has 3 years left of signing bonus that his the cap the scheduled years because the player has already been paid/earned that money. His roster bonuses and workout bonuses are yet to be earned same with the base pay so they don't hit the cap but they're still "on the books"

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure what you mean by 'should be'

Your comment was that when a player retires'His full contract should count against the cap as dead money.'

Let me try this in a different way.
Kevin Dotson re-signed with the Rams. It’s a 3-year / $48M contract, with $32M guaranteed.
The cap hits to the Rams are $12.7M (2024) … $17.9M (2025) … $17.4M (2026). That totals $48M.
You can verify these amounts on OTC and/or Spotrac.

Should Dotson decide to retire after the 2024 season, are you suggesting the Rams would have cap hits of $17.9M in 2025 and $17.4M in 2026?
That’s what I was told here when I asked if ADs contract counts against the cap in the next three years and I was told it does.

So I was going by that.