CARDINALS 2022/23 Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That is your franchise QB Cardinal fans. :D

"Kyler Murray don't care about nobody but Kyler Murray," Peterson said. "That's just a matter of the fact."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wish McVay would try letting someone else call the plays for the remainder of the season. It may allow him to look at the big picture.
What is the offensive coordinator telling McVay between plays?

I assume he is telling him coverage intel, which allows McVay to grab from a section of his call sheet?

Or does the OC make call suggestions?

I honestly don’t know how that works.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

I assume he is telling him coverage intel, which allows McVay to grab from a section of his call sheet?

Who here is old enough to remember that it meant the OC ran the offense in it's entirety?

Me Me Me GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Me neither. It just seems that sometimes he needs to step back and look at the big picture. For instance, when a team plays a 6 man front and he continues to run the same plays that are getting destroyed by that formation.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Me neither. It just seems that sometimes he needs to step back and look at the big picture. For instance, when a team plays a 6 man front and he continues to run the same plays that are getting destroyed by that formation.
Which destroys the call sheet section theory, right?

The calls in that section of the sheet are designed to beat that formation.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who here is old enough to remember that it meant the OC ran the offense in it's entirety?

Me Me Me GIF by Your Happy Workplace
I was in the audience on the Cobert show in NYC and the guy next to me was this lady. Cobert does a small Q & A with the audience before the show. "Anybody have a question?"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

What does Kyler Murray's ACL tear mean for the Cardinals' future?​

What does Murray's injury mean for Kingsbury?

All of this depends on whether Kingsbury keeps his job after the season, which, at this point, is unclear. The Cardinals have been disappointing all season long after two seasons in which they experienced late-season slides. The Cardinals are 5-12 in their last 17 and 1-11 at State Farm Stadium in their last 12.

From a statistical standpoint, Kingsbury's future doesn't look bright in Arizona. However, Murray's injury could impact his job security. Bidwill could look at the situation from this standpoint: Kingsbury didn't have DeAndre Hopkins for the first six games and didn't have Kyler Murray for the last five. That could be enough to earn Kingsbury another year.

However, when he had both, Arizona was 2-4.

If Kingsbury can win a couple of games with McCoy, he could save his job. However, with how poorly Arizona played this season, it may not be enough.

How could Murray's injury affect the Cardinals' salary cap in 2023?

It really won't. Murray's cap hit next season is $16 million -- the fourth highest on the team. His $39 million salary in 2023 is fully guaranteed, so that won't change.

From a financial standpoint, the injury doesn't have a bearing on the Cardinals for next season.

However, starting in 2024, his numbers skyrocket. That's when his cap number swells to $51.857 million.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kingnury was garbage at TT. his last season & was out of a job.
He was offered a job by Sean Mcvay while he was hired on at USC. Sort of weird how it went down & he got the Az. Cardinals HC job.

He has done alright,but The Rams were happy he was in the NFC West. Mcvay owed him sort of like Shanny has a hold on (rams). He hired a good DC.

A big tell on Zonas situation is the retirement of JJ Watt. It shows 2023 is not going to be good for them.
—The NFC West will be even tougher next season.The Rams have to do there part though.

dang

Legend
He may not be a good NFL coach but he sure keeps his cool as all around him crumbles.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Meet the new OC of the LA Rams!!!!!!
I don’t know how I feel about him as a play caller, but McVay is the one who calls the plays. They might work well together.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don’t know how I feel about him as a play caller, but McVay is the one who calls the plays. They might work well together.
Maybe, every once in a while, McVay could use another voice in his headset? Another pair of eyes? It looks sometimes like he gets tunnel vision and he could use another voice... "DOH!!!"...... to get him out of it.