2021 COVID rules for teams. Forfeits for teams with outbreaks.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho_X

Legend

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s see what happens… any way to keep this thread unlocked?

Anyone know if fans are required to wear masks in the stadium with California law?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let’s see what happens… any way to keep this thread unlocked?

Anyone know if fans are required to wear masks in the stadium with California law?
I could of sworn I'de seen someone ask that question...lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm the commish and there's any way to simply tell the players "you don't play if you're not vaccinated" then I would go that route. It's the simplest way to approach it.

But I don't know about all the legalese on it. And don't really care tbh. Individual Americans always reserve the right as free people to do as they wish. However you are not entitled to that job if they require you to do things a certain way and you choose not to.

In the Navy I used to tell my guys "you're held to a higher standard." I think pro sports is similar in a lot of ways. So if there is any way for the NFL to simply require players to be vaccinated that would be my choice, though again I'm not sure if they could do that without enormous amounts of BS and legal fallout.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just wanna jump in before it gets locked here...

I am a guy who does not have plans to get vaccinated....at this time....But, I have no issue with the league taking a stand. It's their right to incentivise what they perceive as safety precautions.

I also hold no ill will towards players or staff members who are declining and taking a stand for themselves. But, those people need to be aware of the costs...if they weigh those options and the juice is worth the squeeze, good for them.

Bottom line, it's a personal choice. The one issue I have is I feel like by penelizing everyone financially, peer pressure is going to be very present. And that's not right.

A player who has followed the leagues request to the letter should not be penalized. It's almost as if they did this on purpose to pressure players and staff.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm the commish and there's any way to simply tell the players "you don't play if you're not vaccinated" then I would go that route. It's the simplest way to approach it.

But I don't know about all the legalese on it. And don't really care tbh. Individual Americans always reserve the right as free people to do as they wish. However you are not entitled to that job if they require you to do things a certain way and you choose not to.

In the Navy I used to tell my guys "you're held to a higher standard." I think pro sports is similar in a lot of ways. So if there is any way for the NFL to simply require players to be vaccinated that would be my choice, though again I'm not sure if they could do that without enormous amounts of BS and legal fallout.
Held to a higher standard? Using a forcing function from the federal government through private business is a violation of the 4th Amendment, which will be adjudicated. It also violates HPPA, which used to be a serious law but is now ignored. This "vaccine" is experimental without long term testing and so there is a viable argument as to why it should be refused at this time. We are not talking about having a 30% death rate like small pox, we are talking about a 99.9% survival rate, especially with the young and healthy.

In the Navy, we were injected with many things to avoid diesease, but not as guinea pigs for "vaccines" which haven't been fully tested. I know for me, I will not answer any fascist question as to whether I receieved the vaccine to save my job. But I will join any class action lawsuit that results in the othering of political opponents because they want to know the results of the final stage of testing before getting stuck.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In the Navy, we were injected with many things to avoid diesease, but not as guinea pigs for "vaccines" which haven't been fully tested. I know for me, I will not answer any fascist question as to whether I receieved the vaccine to save my job. But I will join any class action lawsuit that results in the othering of political opponents because they want to know the results of the final stage of testing before getting stuck.
Disagree man. They started me on the Anthrax shot three times. I received like 14 of them all told and never finished any of the treatments.

I guess I don't get all the hubbub here. I got the vaccine and it was no big deal. If they don't want to get it they're free people so don't get it. But from the NFL perspective don't be pussies, because acting like a pussy is worse than just setting that bar where you want it.

And btw I agree with you on the death rate. I think this thing has been politicized from the beginning but that's a direction of conversation that would surely lock this thread up.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of time between now and season. Missouri is a huge hot spot right now and St Louis county mandated masks for everyone again today. California seemed to be on the heavy hand approach to this last year so hopefully we don’t backslide into no fans again.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A lot of time between now and season. Missouri is a huge hot spot right now and St Louis county mandated masks for everyone again today. California seemed to be on the heavy hand approach to this last year so hopefully we don’t backslide into no fans again.
I live in Franklin County. We tend to follow St.Louis County stuff....I hope we don't get the mandates again.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree man. They started me on the Anthrax shot three times. I received like 14 of them all told and never finished any of the treatments.

I guess I don't get all the hubbub here. I got the vaccine and it was no big deal. If they don't want to get it they're free people so don't get it. But from the NFL perspective don't be pussies, because acting like a pussy is worse than just setting that bar where you want it.

And btw I agree with you on the death rate. I think this thing has been politicized from the beginning but that's a direction of conversation that would surely lock this thread up.
Was the anthrax treatment considered experimental? I have a feeling it wasn't.

Taking a principled stand due to valid concerns, isn't being a pussy, bro. I understand why some might get the vaccine, but we have to acknowledge the othering which is happening for not bending the knee...

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a conundrum here. Where does the NFLPA & Team Owners requirements overlap into ones personal freedoms? I personally would not want to fight this battle on either side. Doubt there will be a winner.

Biggest fear is it goes to a court ruling and everyone loses.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I get the hesitation on The vaccination. My main concern being
how quickly it became available. I know it was totally necessary,
But there are concerns about the inability to test the long term effects.

That being said I think there are enough players, coaches taking the vaccine to
make the chances of team break outs a low percentage deal.
Just one uneducated mans opinion.

oldnotdead

Legend
At the very least it should tell every player who is fighting for a roster spot, i.e. not a lock, especially those at the bottom of the roster that being unvaccinated just creates one more hurdle for them. If it comes down to two players for one spot with all other things being equal, but one is vaccinated and the other not, IMO it will become part of the equation.

The potential locker room rift is a team forfeits due to COVID. They don't get paid. To think it won't cause hard feelings between those who are vaccinated and those who aren't would be stretching it IMO. The Rams are in a win now mode, and have spent millions in dead money over the past few years and especially this year. I don't think the FO will be very happy with the players that caused the forfeit. All I'm saying is why derail their career over something like this?

If you are a FA you had better be vaccinated or IMO their chances of getting signed are NIL. Like it or not this is the new reality we live in. My son got hired, and is making $20/hr to start. His co-workers said he's replacing a guy that refused to get vaccinated and got sick. During my son's interview they asked him straight up very quickly if he was vaccinated (which he is). They hired him quickly. The guy he's replacing blew off a $25/hr job simply because he believed what he saw on the internet. His friends told my son that his family told them he begged for the vaccine after he was admitted but of course it was too late.

This is a worldwide tragedy only made worse by misinformation. If a player does not want to be vaccinated that is their choice. But the consequences of that choice should be they don't have the right to jeopardize the careers of those around them. As someone who has survived COVID-19 it's no joke and I know exactly when I got it. From someone in line behind me without a mask coughing. Yes I was wearing an N95 mask but it's not 100%.

I think the NFL might push for proof of vaccination to attend games as you have to wonder about their civil litigation exposure if they don't. Even as someone vaccinated I'd think twice about attending a game if they didn't.

oldnotdead

Legend
The NFLPA has basically already agreed to all this last year. So it really undermines any individual player's objections since it is their union.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the world had two options.

take the vaccine and try to return to normal or wait 5 to 10 years for a vaccine so the anti vaxxers can be happy and live with lockdowns and wearing masks for all that time.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

the world had two options.

take the vaccine and try to return to normal or wait 5 to 10 years for a vaccine so the anti vaxxers can be happy and live with lockdowns and wearing masks for all that time.

Welp. There it is...the post that begins the lock hahaha

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I tried. Had to delete too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.