2019 compensatory picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Per Rams Wire.

We all knew it was most likely happening but it's great that this has been confirmed.

Let's see what kind of magic you got Snead!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Per Rams Wire.

We all knew it was most likely happening but it's great that this has been confirmed.

Let's see what kind of magic you got Snead!

One was traded for Fowler. But at least we have it confirmed that the Rams will have two total third rounders still

Ram65

Legend
No seventh rounder for Davis?

Still good to know Rams have two third rounders confirmed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No seventh rounder for Davis?

Still good to know Rams have two third rounders confirmed.

We did get a 7th for Davis. It's at the bottom of the picture if you click it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arizona gets 4 picks - all 207 or later. That'll jumpstart their rebuild.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess it was expected, but good to see!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...-from-nfl-2019-sammy-watkins-trumaine-johnson
Rams awarded three compensatory picks by NFL
By Sosa Kremenjas
The Rams have received the expected amount of compensatory picks from the losses of WR Sammy Watkins, CB Trumaine Johnson, and S Cody Davis in free agency.

The NFL has released its annual list of compensatory picks received by all NFL clubs for the 2019 NFL Draft, and as expected, the Los Angeles Rams will receive two third-round draft selections as well as a seventh-round draft selection. The selections are as follows:

Third round pick #98 (35th in the round)

Third round pick #99 (36th in the round)

Seventh round pick #251 (37th in the round)

Here is the full list of comp picks awarded league-wide:

And in other news...

NFL awarded compensatory draft picks today - Patriots and Rams each received two third-round picks. The full list, per sources: pic.twitter.com/NDYBU01WKA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2019
The losses of WR Sammy Watkins, CB Trumaine Johnson, and S Cody Davis are the players the Rams will be compensated for. TE Derek Carrier did not qualify for another compensatory selection.

Watkins saw himself net a 3-year $48m deal from the Kansas City Chiefs, and though he only played in 10 regular season games, his salary was high enough to net a third-rounder. Johnson struck it rich in the free agency pool as he was awarded a 5-year $72.5m deal from the New York Jets, also missing time as he only played in 10 games.

The Rams traded the higher of the two third-round selections (pick #99) to the Jacksonville Jaguars in a midseason trade that seen edge rusher Dante Fowler Jr make his way to Los Angeles.

The Rams now have seven total selections in the draft. The picks by round are: 1, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So a first and two thirds. I think Les can find us a NT in there somewhere in this particular draft. And good God I hope an edge too. :D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So a first and two thirds. I think Les can find us a NT in there somewhere in this particular draft. And good God I hope an edge too. :D
Yes & yes...I just read a new mock that had us selecting a true Edge Rusher from FSU Brian Burns 6-5 230lbs with our first.
First #31
Third #94
Third #99
Forth #133

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams now have seven total selections in the draft. The picks by round are: 1, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
Yeah man but how can this happen? We went all in for Goff, Watkins, Cooks, Peters, Talib. We weren't supposed to survive this? All or nothing man. Chips to the center of the table. Win now mode. Narrow window. Mortgaged our future.

2b91e342-faa3-4cdb-9336-a5245ab22724_screenshot.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I bet Snead moves up into the 2nd for a better selection.

And that he trades on of those 3rds for 2 6ths LOL.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I bet Snead moves up into the 2nd for a better selection.

And that he trades on of those 3rds for 2 6ths LOL.
I think he trades out of round 1 and into early round 2 to pick up an additional high 3rd rounder.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he trades out of round 1 and into early round 2 to pick up an additional high 3rd rounder.

I can see them trading out of the first - but the first place where the picks match up on the value chart is the Browns at pick 49 and pick 80. Not really early round 2 nor a high 3rd rounder. Still might make sense - I have long felt that 2nd and 3rd round is where the best value is - but if Cleveland wants somebody specific (and the Rams don't) at #31, it could make sense. If the Rams are lucky and a team really wants to move up, they could get slightly better picks.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Yes & yes...I just read a new mock that had us selecting a true Edge Rusher from FSU Brian Burns 6-5 230lbs with our first.
First #31
Third #94
Third #99
Forth #133
Are you saying that the Rams might actually have a first round pick come draft day?! :shocked::headexplosion::death:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would likely be a high 2nd and high 4th it's too far back IMO for a 2nd and a 3rd. As Akrasian says it's mid 2nd and 3rd to make that work. And there's nothing wrong with trading down 5ish spots if it nets us an extra 4th and a guy they still value is there. Giants, Jags and Bucs pick 5-7 in round 2 and could possibly all want to trade up for an OT that falls, a QB in case of the Giants and Jags. Or for DLine player that fell if they went offensive line/QB in the 1st. Even Cincy right after them.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It would likely be a high 2nd and high 4th it's too far back IMO for a 2nd and a 3rd. As Akrasian says it's mid 2nd and 3rd to make that work. And there's nothing wrong with trading down 5ish spots if it nets us an extra 4th and a guy they still value is there. Giants, Jags and Bucs pick 5-7 in round 2 and could possibly all want to trade up for an OT that falls, a QB in case of the Giants and Jags. Or for DLine player that fell if they went offensive line/QB in the 1st. Even Cincy right after them.

True, thought maybe if a QB slides they could get more than market value.

Maybe you give back a 6th and then you can get an early to mid 3rd.

Name
Coleman
If guys want to trade down from #31 overall (600 points value) then Cleveland is a good trade partner as they have 11 total picks in the 2019 Draft.....and they have 39 1st & 2nd year players on their roster right now due to huge numbers of draft picks in 2017 and 2018...….we have 30 1st & 2nd year guys on our roster......Philly has less than 20 for another example to view just how full up the Browns are with yutes.

So what the Brownies need in 2019 is NOT 11 new yutes, but rather some quality picks like Los Ramos' 31st overall which can be had by swapping us their 2nd Rounder (410 points) and their 3rd Rounder (190 points)…..both are middling-points of their Rounds.

That trade would give Les TradeWizard Snead 4 picks in the Top 100!!!:yay: