2017 Rams Roster Preview: Center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I just do not see AD being involved @ OC in TC at this time.
I sure hope they give Donnal a shot at switching to center...It looks like he's hungry....and I know Iowa guys train at all the line positions...just like Wisconsin guys do.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I sure hope they give Donnal a shot at switching to center...It looks like he's hungry....and I know Iowa guys train at all the line positions...just like Wisconsin guys do.
I have no dog in this hunt CHAMP You know well that I really like OL Andrew Donnal. Do I think he could be a good relief center? Yes! I think its still possible AD might end up there at some point but his value as the main game day reliever is so important. Austin, Jake & Cody is a fine trio of reserve back up prospects. AD has a good chance to start many games this season @ RT/LG & RG if injuries strike the OL as it has done for well over a decade.

My belief that the reason that Jamon Brown was given a chance early to throw GRob out of his awarded RT post was due to the early this year hip surgery done on AD. AD was not ready to push GRob. As more time has gone by & puts distance from that surgery & rehabbing event will will see AD give Jamon Brown serious competition on that starting post. That's not a bad problem to have. Rams also have Pace Murphy, Micheal Dunn & Darrell Williams involved in this battle on the right side some too.

I also still believe that veteran starting LG Rodger Saffold will be the back up to starting LT Andrew Whitworth this season, but Kromer still needs to find the best future reserve LT from what we have currently on this roster. If that's Andrew Donnal or Pace Murphy or even Jamon Brown that is still a big unknown.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I trust your judgment, I've seen nothing from him that makes me jump to that conclusion.
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...hillips-calls-cb-blake-countess-mr-versatile/
Wade Phillips calls CB Blake Countess 'Mr. Versatile' while mic'd up at OTAs
Wade Phillips is about as delightful a man as you’re ever going to see coaching in the NFL. You’d think that having one of the most respected defensive minds in the business would make him an intense personality type like Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells, but all it takes it a quick glance at his lively Twitter account to see that’s very much not the case.

Phillips is beloved for many reasons, not the least of which is his ability to connect emotionally and honestly with his players, even when he’s being tough on the field in practice and in games. That style is on display in the Rams latest ‘Wired’ video, in which Phillips is mic’d up during one of the team’s OTA practices.

He jokes with Kayvon Webster about wanting a pair of funky cleats like his, laughs off Lamarcus Joyner’s half-joking plea to get a crack at playing on the defensive line and even gives some seriously high praise to sophomore CB Blake Countess.

Countess only saw action in five games as a rookie with the Eagles last season, but the sixth round draft pick was clearly impressing his coach during OTAs.“Mr. Versatile! You can do it all,” Phillips said to Countess while he did some conditioning. “And you do it well, that’s the good thing.” That’s high praise from a coach like Phillips, who might be very friendly but certainly doesn’t hand out unwarranted compliments.

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Wired-with-Wade-Phillips/ae235d2a-cb59-4861-a30b-4458d5717129

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One other caveat as others like @BonifayRam have posted about the injury history of Sullivan. Now I believe he's past that been a couple years since the back issue and he held up in 8 games with the Redskins last season, but adding Blythe ensures that if something happens during preseason at the very minimum Blythe has had some seasoning in the NFL, but again I feel good about Sully and whoever Kromer and the rest of the staff move forward with come September Morn.
I was just thinking, I wonder what the New staff's approach will be to Pre-Season Games, Starting Aug.12th against Dallas! Will they scheme them!? Will they be 'Vanilla' in there game planning, or will they take a " We want to show something approach!?!
Any thoughts on the subject!? Anyone!?