2017 full 7 rd ROD Mock Draft: Completed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Ramhusker looking for a partner in crime:
Who's going to be around tonight that has picked recently? I'll give someone my pick (with backup pick) if they'll make it for me if I'm not here.
You can leave your first and second choices with me though I'm going to bed shortly and won't be back on until 0400-0500.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
So I'm hitting the sack now so any picks made in the next two hours I'll update in the morning. We're making great progress so far.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
With the 24rd pick of the 2017 draft the Raiders select
Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut Safety.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Dammit, I was going to target him if he made it to the second round. Good pick.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
A lot of good picks being made. We'll see how everyone fares later on when it gets harder to get good talent though :LOL:

Alan

Legend
With the 24th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select: Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut. @Ramhusker is on the clock and has until 1719 EST on 27MAR17 to make his selection for the Houston Texans. @A55VA6 is on deck for the for the Seattle Longsnappers.

Round 1

1. Cleveland: Ramrocket - Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco: TK42-RAM - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
3. Chicago: Barrison - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
4. Jacksonville: Memento - Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
5. Tennessee: Warner4Prez - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
6. New York Jets: Ramrasta - Jabrill Peppers, SS/CB/OLB, Michigan
7. San Diego: SierraRam - Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
8. Carolina: jsimcox - O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
9. Cincinnati: OldSchool - Rueben Foster, ILB, Alabama
10. Buffalo: Legatron4 - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
11. Minnesota: DaveFan’51 - David Njoku, TE, Miami
12. Cleveland: Ramrocket - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
13. Arizona: ramsplaya16 - Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
14. Tampa Bay: T-REX - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
15. Indianapolis: den-the-coach - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
16. Baltimore: Gandalf - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
17. Washington: Riverumbbq - Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan St.
18. Kansas City: 12intheBox - Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
19. Philadelphia: Boston Ram - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
20. Denver: Mojo Ram - Charles Harris, DE/LB, Missouri
21. Detroit: JackDRams - Haason Reddick, DE/LB, Temple
22. Miami: TheDYVKX - Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
23. New York Giants: Corbin - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
24. Oakland: Jorgeh0605 - Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
25. Houston: Ramhusker -
26. Seattle: A55VA6 -
27. Kansas City: 12intheBox -
28. Dallas: Tron -
29. Green Bay: Rambitious1 -
30. Pittsburgh: Rams Until I Die -
31. Atlanta: Merlin -
32. New Orleans: shaunpinney -

Players / Positions already selected (color coded by round):
Offense
QB: Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson,
RB: Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey,
WR: Mike Williams, Corey Davis,
TE: O.J. Howard, David Njoku,
OT:
OG: Forrest Lamp,
C:
Defense
DT: Jonathan Allen, Malik McDowell,
DE: Myles Garrett, Soloman Thomas, Derek Barnett, Charles Harris, Haason Reddick,
LB: Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, Rueben Foster, Charles Harris, Haason Reddick,
CB: Marshon Lattimore, Jabrill Peppers, Marlon Humphrey,
S: Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Jabrill Peppers, Obi Melifonwu,
Special Teams

P:
K:
LS:

Full 7 round drafting order can be found on page 27 of this thread.

Alan

Legend
With the 25th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin. @A55VA6 is on the clock and has until 1800 EST on 27MAR17 to make his selection for the Seattle Longsnappers. @12intheBox is on deck for the for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Round 1

25. Houston: Ramhusker - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
27. Kansas City: 12intheBox -

Offense
OT: Ryan Ramczyk,
C:
Defense
DE: Myles Garrett, Soloman Thomas, Derek Barnett, Charles Harris, Haason Reddick,
LB: Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, Rueben Foster, Charles Harris, Haason Reddick,
Special Teams

P:
K:
LS:

Alan

Legend
With the 25th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2016/12/31/14136468/ryan-ramczyk-nfl-draft-grade-wisconsin-football
usa_today_9719354.0.jpeg
Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports

It may be one and done for Wisconsin’s star left tackle, Ryan Ramczyk.

The redshirt junior had an extraordinarily successful first year for Wisconsin after sitting out last season post-transfer from Division-III Wisconsin-Stevens Point. After starting all 13 games for the Badgers this season, Ramczyk received a number of honors, including Associated Press first-team All-American, Walter Camp second-team All-American, Sporting News first-team All-American and first-team All-Big Ten accolades. NFL scouts have clearly taken notice.

Madison.com’s Jason Galloway reports that Ramczyk received a first-round grade from the NFL Advisory Board:

The first-round grade makes it more likely Ramczyk will indeed skip his final year with the Badgers, but he may also need to undergo hip surgery after Monday's Cotton Bowl against Western Michigan. That would prevent him from working out for teams to help solidify that spot in the first round.

"You get a first-round grade, it's tough to stay," Ramczyk said. "But I've got this hip surgery, so that's another obstacle I'm facing. It's a tough decision."

Ramczyk has been diagnosed with a torn labrum in his hip, suffered early in the year. Surgery would require a four-month recovery period, making it unlikely that Ramczyk could participate in the NFL Scouting Combine and other workouts.

In its most recent mock draft, CBSSports.com projects Ramczyk to go No. 24 overall to the Seattle Seahawks. Scouts, Inc. lists him as the No. 22 overall prospect. In 2016, Josh Doctson was selected No. 22 overall by the Washington Redskins, signing a four-year, $10.05 million contract. OT Germain Ifedi was selected No. 31 overall (by Seattle), signing a four-year, $8.27 million contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2183938/ryan-ramczyk
PLAYER OVERVIEW
The same program that helped turn transfers J.J. Watt and Russell Wilson into future superstars appears to have another breakout NFL prospect in left tackle Ryan Ramczyk, a former Division-III player.

Unsure of what he wanted to do after high school, Ramczyk turned down an offer from then-Pitt coach Paul Chryst to play for the Panthers, instead opting to remain close to home and sign with D-II Winona State. Ramczyk never took a snap for the Warriors, however, instead opting to transfer first to Mid-State Technical College (which does not have a football team, or any varsity athletics program, for that matter) and then later to UW-Stevens Point, a D-III program.

After rediscovering his love of the game in two seasons with the Pointers, Ramczyk pursued a reunion with Chryst, who had since taken over at Wisconsin. Ramczyk had to sit out the 2014 season due to the transfer, but Chryst wasted little time in spring camp in naming the Wisconsin native his starting left tackle. Ramczyk starred once on the field, silencing an aggressive and gifted LSU front in the season-opener and providing stellar pass protection and run blocking lanes throughout the conference season. In his first and only season at the FBS level, Ramczyk earned First Team All-Big Ten honors from league coaches, consensus All-American honors from the media and a first round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee.

Complicating matters is the fact that Ramczyk underwent surgery Jan. 5 to repair damage in his right hip. "The surgeon said there was less damage than he expected and it went well," Ramczyk said. "I won't be able to test (physically) at the (NFL) combine, but I'll be there for all the interviews and test and measurements. "It's a big decision, but with this opportunity it's pretty difficult to pass up."

If physicians give general managers the go-ahead, Ramczyk could be difficult to let slide in the 2017 draft -- especially given this year's below-average crop at left tackle.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: Shows terrific initial quickness when asked to block at the second level, firing out and making tough cut blocks at the second level appear routine. When the time comes to simply knock defenders off the ball, Ramczyk shows good power and pad level, as well, bowing his back and showing the leg drive to move the pile. Given his relative inexperience, Ramczyk shows impressive balance, agility and patience in pass protection. He eases off the snap, sliding left with light feet and bent knees waiting for the defender to come to him. The coordination between his upper and lower body is impressive, as Ramczyk keeps his feet sliding while shooting his hands into the chest of opponents. From there, Ramczyk's long arms and strength typically take over, essentially ending the play for the defender. Shows the poise that will earn him high marks from offensive line coaches as well as scouts, maintaining his technique with bent knees and using his trailing right arm to get a final, powerful shove on the rusher. Showed toughness in fighting through a hip injury in 2016, opting to push off surgery until after the Cotton Bowl.

WEAKNESSES: Relatively inexperienced against top competition, as he did not take a snap at the FBS level until 2016, following transfers from a Division II program where he never played and then to a school close to his home that did not have a football program, so NFL teams will want to gauge his true passion for the game. Does not show a lot of fire in his play. Can get lazy with his technique, failing to bend at the knees, at times and getting too high with his hands. Occasionally over-sets to his left, leaving too much room between himself and the guard. Requires a careful check by team doctors at the Combine due to his recent hip surgery.

IN OUR VIEW: Someone alert the Lifetime network, because the "Ryan Ramczyk Story" is one made for television. A year after Carson Wentz went from a relatively unknown quarterback from North Dakota State rose all the way up to the No. 2 overall draft pick, Ramczyk has nearly matched the improbable ascent, going from a little D-III to a legitimate first round prospect and quite possibly the first offensive lineman off the board.

COMPARES TO: Nate Solder, New England Patriots - Ramczyk is not quite as tall as the 6-foot-8 Patriots' left tackle but he is also a hulking presence with similar poise, balance and agility in protecting the edge.

@A55VA6 is on the clock for the Seattle Longsnappers.
@12intheBox is on deck for the for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks Alan for making that pick for me. The Texans are getting mighty thin at OT and I didn't want to draft a QB and let him get pummeled as a rookie like some teams do (cough, cough) so I decided to nab Ramcyzk ( because I didn't want a guy named that playing for the Seahags) to be the future LT (the Texans starting LT is 32). In the meantime, he probably will be playing on the right side because the starting RT of the Texans has a pretty severe injury this past October and Ramcyzk will probably beat him out for the starting RT gig.

Alan

Legend
Correction
Shout out to @12intheBox for noticing this. (y)

With the 25th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:
Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
. @A55VA6 is on the clock and has until 1800 EST on 27MAR17 to make his selection for the Seattle Longsnappers. @Warner4Prez is on deck for the for the Tennessee Titans.

Round 1

25. Houston: Ramhusker - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
27. Tennessee: Warner4Prez - Kansas City: 12intheBox - (ROD trade)

Offense
OT: Ryan Ramczyk,
C:
Defense
Special Teams

P:
K:
LS:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
xlnt.jpg

BUT I WANTED HIM!!! XLNT choice! I didn't think he would go before the 2nd round!! He's Really fast for a big guy! 6ft 4/214 and had a 4.40 - 40! + he ha a 44.0 vert at the combine and a 14ft broad jump! I can see why you had to jump on him!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks Alan for making that pick for me. The Texans are getting mighty thin at OT and I didn't want to draft a QB and let him get pummeled as a rookie like some teams do (cough, cough) so I decided to nab Ramcyzk ( because I didn't want a guy named that playing for the Seahags) to be the future LT (the Texans starting LT is 32). In the meantime, he probably will be playing on the right side because the starting RT of the Texans has a pretty severe injury this past October and Ramcyzk will probably beat him out for the starting RT gig.
Nice pick Ramhusker! I'll bet you never thought the #1 OT in the Draft would last until pick #25!!