2016 Schedule is going to be brutal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Let's start with the division, where we play two games against strong playoff contenders in Seattle and Arizona. Then the 9ers who were one of few teams that scored less points than us will have Kelly ramping up their offense and undoubtedly providing a significant gain in scoring. From where I'm sitting the NFC West remains one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, it ain't pretty and next year will be nastier than ever.

Extremely tough matchups:
Carolina (Home) - no explanation needed.
New England (Away) - no explanation needed.
New York Jets (Away) - talented and well coached team and it's away.

Tough matchups:
Buffalo (Home) - defense will be nasty in year two of regime after changeover to 3-4.
New Orleans (Away) - always a tough team to play with that offense, and it's in their house.

"Should win" matchups:
Atlanta (Home) - good young defensive coach but is team really on the rise?
Miami (Home) - should see a spike in offensive productivity but first year coach.
Tampa (Away) - another team on the rise with a good young QB in year two, but is Koetter the real deal?

Not a lot of room for error. Three extremely tough matchups plus the divisional lineup is going to make for an extremely difficult schedule. If they go 4-4 in division, for example, plus drop two of the three extremely tough matchups they're at 6 losses.

Shameless prediction is that unless Fish and Snead do something drastic with this offense and see a significant spike in scoring this regime is in its last season.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
We will find a way to go 8-8 and Fisher comes back for year 6.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
We have always played New Orleans tough. Remember when The Rams had basically ended Brees' consecutive TD streak, but they went to hurry up with 1 min left down by 3 scores?

We always seem to pull off the W there as of late.

Atlanta scares me more. I think they're right on track to being a 11-13 win team.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It will be a tough schedule to be sure.

However, I will say, the NFL really wants their new LA team to be successful. Read that as you wish.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
A not so subtle way of saying we beat ourselves twice? I mean that's been happening for years...

A55VA6

Legend
Our schedule is always brutal.. and we will be a losing team again until we find our QB. This is the year we need to go get that guy.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It will be a tough schedule to be sure.

However, I will say, the NFL really wants their new LA team to be successful. Read that as you wish.
Are you saying that the head of officiating just might be spending a weekend in a motorhome full of hookers provided by Stan? That only worked for 1 season for Jerry Jones

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I think Dallas dropped there home opener at there new stadium.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
So the Rams have the AFC east and NFC south. That's a lot of trips across the country !

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The schedule is no tougher than it is every year being in the NFC west.But if we can get our QB we can and will win the division.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I ain't shook. I don't think that schedule is that daunting. Plus, you don't know the offseasons that these teams will have. It's too early to judge.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Our schedule isn't anything our division foes have an advantage over. We each gotta play our divisional rivals twice and the AFC East.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I ain't shook. I don't think that schedule is that daunting. Plus, you don't know the offseasons that these teams will have. It's too early to judge.

Teams rise and fall every year. Plus injuries can change things quickly.

Our schedule isn't anything our division foes have an advantage over. We each gotta play our divisional rivals twice and the AFC East.

Yep. Win the division. In.