2016 Offensive Prospects Help!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Hey all, hope all of your holidays are going well :). So aside from us re-signing a lot of defensive talent in the offseason, which I think we will, our main holes imo to take the next step towards the playoffs lie on offense.

Having said that I'd like to see us go QB, WR, G, TE, C, DL, LB in this draft with a premium on the QB, WR, & G positions. So my question is who are your favorite:

1. QB Prospects (& their best games I can watch on film)
2. WR Prospects "
3. G Prospects "

Thanks guys!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My top 5 QB prospects are:
1. Jared Goff California - #1 overall
2. Paxton Lynch Memphis - Top 10
3. Connor Cook Michigan State - 1st Round
4. Carson Wentz North Dakota State - 1st/2nd Round
5. Jacoby Brissett North Carolina State - 2nd/3rd Round

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Goff really looked good yesterday..........he won't get past SF @ 5. (Actually I think he's gone before then........)
But that been said (and yes, jrry32 will pull his hair out.....) But I don't see the Rams going QB this year. I think we go WR (2), DE, LB, TE....and maybe an extra pick when/if we trade down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff really looked good yesterday..........he won't get past SF @ 5. (Actually I think he's gone before then........)
But that been said (and yes, jrry32 will pull his hair out.....) But I don't see the Rams going QB this year. I think we go WR (2), DE, LB, TE....and maybe an extra pick when/if we trade down.

I'll definitely pull my hair out. TEs and WRs are great...but without a franchise QB, what's the point? If you do that, you better be certain that Mannion is the guy because if he isn't, you've wasted another year.

Stel

Starter
My top 5 QB prospects are:
1. Jared Goff California - #1 overall
2. Paxton Lynch Memphis - Top 10
3. Connor Cook Michigan State - 1st Round
4. Carson Wentz North Dakota State - 1st/2nd Round
5. Jacoby Brissett North Carolina State - 2nd/3rd Round

You know me, I'd reverse Cook and Wentz. And I think Prescott is #5.

Athos

Legend
Prescott is trash. Brisset is more of a passer and has better tools.

But I too would be pulling out my hair if we don't try everything in the books for Goff.

Snead has move up balls. Clear from the Julio trade up. Only Goff is vastly more important than Julio being a QB.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Prescott is trash. Brisset is more of a passer and has better tools.

But I too would be pulling out my hair if we don't try everything in the books for Goff.

Snead has move up balls. Clear from the Julio trade up. Only Goff is vastly more important than Julio being a QB.

Are you watching the NC State vs Mississippi State game? Prescott looks like the better prospect right now. Both have had struggles in the bad weather but Dak has been clearly better.

Athos

Legend
Are you watching the NC State vs Mississippi State game? Prescott looks like the better prospect right now. Both have had struggles in the bad weather but Dak has been clearly better.

I've watched enough of Prescott. Exceedingly average across the board. Not a single special trait. He's certainly no Wilson. Wouldn't touch him.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I've watched enough of Prescott. Exceedingly average across the board. Not a single special trait. He's certainly no Wilson. Wouldn't touch him.

Seriously?? How many prospects turn out like Wilson to begin with? I'm not saying the guy is the next Andrew Luck but I do think he's a solid QB. He may not be special in any specific category but he's good in a lot of categories. He's good at extending plays, stepping up, and then delivering a nice ball. I think he's better than Brissett.

Athos

Legend
I'll leave it to @jrry32 as he generally has a better grasp on QBs than I do, or rather, watches more film, but I've never liked him as an answer to the QB position.

He's not elusive like Wilson. His run game and extension is built more on power. Average arm talent imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Prescott and Brissett don't play on the same team. Mississippi State is a far better team with a QB friendly system and a far better play-caller.

Brissett is a better overall player. He has better tools to work with and better instincts. But he needs development. He needs to sit when he gets in the NFL and develop his lower body mechanics. Has a lot in common with David Garrard imo.

Seriously?? How many prospects turn out like Wilson to begin with? I'm not saying the guy is the next Andrew Luck but I do think he's a solid QB. He may not be special in any specific category but he's good in a lot of categories. He's good at extending plays, stepping up, and then delivering a nice ball. I think he's better than Brissett.

Dak is average at pretty much everything. I don't see a NFL starter. Nothing about his game flashes. I think you'll end up with a Tarvaris Jackson esque backup.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 I'm thinking we take a WR early are there any prospects I should be looking out for?

Laquon Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson
Michael Thomas
Tyler Boyd
De'Runnya Wilson

Are currently considered the top WR prospects.(not necessarily in that order)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Prescott and Brissett don't play on the same team. Mississippi State is a far better team with a QB friendly system and a far better play-caller.

Brissett is a better overall player. He has better tools to work with and better instincts. But he needs development. He needs to sit when he gets in the NFL and develop his lower body mechanics. Has a lot in common with David Garrard imo.

Dak is average at pretty much everything. I don't see a NFL starter. Nothing about his game flashes. I think you'll end up with a Tarvaris Jackson esque backup.

Comparisons are great for context. Could you give your comparisons for the following:

Goff
Lynch
Went
Cook
Hackenberg
Manning
Keenum

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You know me, I'd reverse Cook and Wentz. And I think Prescott is #5.

I reverse them too. Plus I watched Brisset in midseason and didn't t think he even looked like a prospect.

I like Prescott better than Brissett to.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think you're yanking my chain here. ;)

No I am not. I know comps are not an exact indicator of who they will be but it puts things in perspective. I cannot wait watch as much college football as I used to. I don't see all of these prospects.