2016 HOF Game Cancelled

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Due to turf issues. The area around the mid-field logo was too hard, so they did not want to take any risks. This looks really bad for Goodell & Co.:thinking: Now we have to wait for a week to see some football.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Due to turf issues. The area around the mid-field logo was too hard, so they did not want to take any risks. This looks really bad for Goodell & Co.:thinking: Now we have to wait for a week to see some football.
Looks bad for the people that manages the stadium. I seriously doubt Goodell picked the paint to spray the end zones and ceter field.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Inexcusable to be honest, but i bet everything non-football, marketing and media related was double and triple checked for readiness.

Too cynical of me?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Inexcusable to be honest, but i bet everything non-football, marketing and media related was double and triple checked for readiness.

Too cynical of me?

Not at all. Spot on. Lets see they have a game scheduled to cap a great HOF week and the start of the season.

But the field isnt ready. Rotflmao. Thats just Stupid. As in really STUPID.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks bad for the people that manages the stadium. I seriously doubt Goodell picked the paint to spray the end zones and ceter field.

Agreed, but the league office has to make sure a field follows their standards. They should have painted the field logos/end zones well before this morning. It was covered for the last couple activities there so it would have been protected by the coverings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, but the league office has to make sure a field follows their standards. They should have painted the field logos/end zones well before this morning. It was covered for the last couple activities there so it would have been protected by the coverings.
Yeah the head grounds keeper for the stadium should have done better with this.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Wow horrible how long did they know this game was gonna take place smh :redcard::banghead::banghead:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The field should have been ready! Checked and re-Checked! Someone should be canned over this! JMHO

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The billion dollar machine that is the NFL can't even get a field right.

What a joke

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Opportunity lost..Money lost..Reputation damaged..Sounds like Canton needs new groundskeepers, cuz folks should get fired for this...:death:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The billion dollar machine that is the NFL can't even get a field right.

What a joke
Neither can the Canton City School District who actually owns and operates the stadium. My guess is the same guy that cuts the grass at the kindergarten also maintains the field at the stadium.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Concerns about the field - it's the right call. They're saying on air Sean Suisham suffered a career ending knee injury last years game there on opening kick off because of the turf issue.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If you think the NFL has NOT been in control of this for the last year or forever. before this.. you are crazy

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you think the NFL has NOT be in control of this for the last year or forever. before this.. you are crazy
Having followed the saga of the Rams getting ready to play in the Coliseum I've learned that the NFL offers guidelines and suggestions. Things that have to be a certain way and things they want/like. But they don't come in and control a stadium and it's day to day maintenance.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Having followed the saga of the Rams getting ready to play in the Coliseum I've learned that the NFL offers guidelines and suggestions. Things that have to be a certain way and things they want/like. But they don't come in and control a stadium and it's day to day maintenance.

Opening night for the upcoming season, HOF game... I'd be willing to bet the situation would be a tad bit different.