2014 outlook without draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Rams will, bradford healthy, take a huge step this year.

A)Tavon, Ogletree, McDOnald and Stedman will take pretty big jumps in performance. IF Barret Jones
can get some 'muscle' on then we have a future, and maybe in 2014, starting center. Stacy is good, but I think they need 2 backups: Cunningham and Pead?
B)Williams will know how to use the defense much better. I don't know about Janoris, but Tru is a good corner, and if Greg Reid doesn't tear something I think he will be like Ram Mickens was for the Jets in the 90's. He was a 5'8" corner with huge quicks (and very bad hands). I do wonder if Cody Davis can be quick enough to really be a FS. He doesn't look great to me; athletic, but not quick. I hope they get Ward or someone; but, I don't think they want to start a rookie.
C) I think Quick will do about 35 catches; but some of them will be huge.
D) If the personal fouls ar down, and focus up, they will be right there with SF and Seattle...Maybe, maybe
3-3 vs the division. Big hopes. Seattle has to come down a bit; and the Rams were more physical, and more stupid in both games. Fisher has always competed in divisiional games like a banshee (sp?)
E) If you watch Bradford vs SFand Seattle he was pretty good (not counting 2013) at the short and intermediate game. He got them down the field when he needed to, much of the time. He got them down the field at half and at the end of the game. Stedman will be like Amendola; tough, great hands, quick enough.
F) I don't know if they get Greg Robinson or Watkins or Matthews or whoever, but I believe the O line will take a bump up; Watching those games with Saffold in there was pretty impressive. I still think that Barksdale is a little soft---but that only shows against the NFC west. Bradford was at a 91 rating---so maybe he bumps to 95-100--with a solid running game, better protection and a better defense behind him. they will upgrad the LG spot; I still think Wells doesn't open as the starter.
G) Quinn may increase, he may not, but the whole defense will be so much more aggressive that we could see a bump up to top 5-8---if Long and Brockers step up from 2013.

H)I have a little hope for Cook being tough; but now they now how not to use him. I wonder if they will draft one of those TE's in the 2nd to 4th....or draft another WR.

This collection is part of the many hundreds of Rams thoughts I have...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A&B I tend to feel as you.

C; perhaps it's wishful thinking but I'm giving Quick north of 45 catches. He's made some highlight plays... He's demonstrated he can win matchups in this league. Light = ON.

D; if we go 3-3 inside the division, we'll need to go 7-3 outside. That's a doable ratio.

E; we need Bailey. Quick, Bailey, and Austin. With Givens used situationally sounds like an upgrade over 2013.

F; I sure hope we find more help along this oline. It's a little too bandaid-like for my taste. We'd be foolish to bank on good health with the history of these guys.

G; I definitely see top 10 out of this defense. Perhaps top 5 if we shore up the S and CB positions.

H; Cook is fine. With Bradford tossing the ball he'll put up 800yds this year.

Good stuff, SteveBrown