2012 Rams 31st In Starts By 2011 Holdover Players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/95295/spotting-trends-in-nfl-roster-composition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... omposition</a>

That's amazing for a team that won 7 games.

I read it holdovers from 2011 does it seem different to anyone else?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've actually already seen this. Even before Sando summarized it. Tony Villiotti sends out those PDF files every week, and I'm subscribed. It's just another indication that the Rams are starting over again with an extreme youth movement. It seems, to me at least, that they're trying to build a roster of guys that will make the team self-sustaining for several years.

Well, for as long as they can anyway. We all know success in the NFL is kinda fleeting. But it looks like this regime's plan is to model itself against the way teams like NE and GB do things. Draft your own guys, develop them, use them for as long as you can, replace them with lateral moves when those players become less cost-effective, and then draft and develop another guy who can take over for the guy you could no longer afford to keep.

Rinse, repeat.

It's smart.

I don't know if that was Spags' plan, or Devaney's plan, but it's apparently this regime's plan. One of Spagnuolo's faults, from my perspective, was that he gave up too quickly on developing younger players. He seemed to favor veterans who could execute his gameplans and schemes without as much room for error. Then of course everything he was trying to do was fucked up by the shortened off-season and an unprecedented run of injuries, but I digress.

Yes, Thor, it's a new dawn.