2000 Yards and 20 Touchdowns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Todd Gurley needs 3 TDs and 187 yards from scrimmage over the next 2 games to finish with 2K/20TD

Thats a league MVP folks.

Even though they will give it to Brady for "playing at such a high level when you consider his age"...
:jerkoff:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure backs have had more of each and not won MVP. It just isn't given to backs very often. He's one of our MVP's for sure though.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure backs have had more of each and not won MVP. It just isn't given to backs very often. He's one of our MVP's for sure though.

I'm aware.
But context is key. How often have RBs done this in recent years? In a pass heavy offense and lead their team to an epic resurgence, taking an offense from worst to 1st?

What has Brady done, or whoever, that is so uncommon to win such an honor?

Im not arguing with you. Im just asking.

I didnt mean to imply that with 2K/20 Gurley would win it. Just that those numbers are eye popping and that regardless of who is given the award, Gurley is having an MVP caliber season...

nighttrain

Legend
good post

"I didnt mean to imply that with 2K/20 Gurley would win it. Just that those numbers are eye popping and that regardless of who is given the award, Gurley is having an MVP caliber season"...

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't take a deep dive right now, but there have only been 22 running backs with 20 or more combined touchdowns in a season, so that's already pretty rarified air ... Not sure how many of them had 2000 or more combined years in the same seasons, but I bet it's less than that ...

tempests

Hall of Fame
In the last 20 years it's been Davis, Sanders, Faulk, Alexander, Peterson and Tomlinson. Those guys were either 2000 yard rushers or set a new record for most TDs scored in a season.

Offensive Player of the Year is just as good, IMO, and he stands a better chance of winning that one. It often goes to the guy who should've won MVP.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll go ahead and give Gurley Super Bowl MVP......

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Todd Gurley needs 3 TDs and 187 yards from scrimmage over the next 2 games to finish with 2K/20TD

Thats a league MVP folks.

Even though they will give it to Brady for "playing at such a high level when you consider his age"...
:jerkoff:

It would be awesome for Gurley to win the MVP, but I'm sure he'd rather have the Lombardi Trophy.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

Gurley is in the conversation, but they'll probably give it to Brady because it's the NFL.
Freak Brady, his age, and the horse he rode in on!

Then again, leave the horse alone. Freak Brady twice instead!! Let him take one for the poor horse!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Then again, leave the horse alone. Freak Brady twice instead!! Let him take one from the poor horse!

Fixed it for ya...

Zodi

Hall of Fame
What's even more impressive when you consider Gurleys numbers is that against the Colts, Cardinals, Giants, Texans and Seahawks, he pretty much only played half a game. So really, he's achieved his season stats in 11.5-12 games.

It's insane to think what his numbers could be if we didn't blow all of those bad teams out.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What's even more impressive when you consider Gurleys numbers is that against the Colts, Cardinals, Giants, Texans and Seahawks, he pretty much only played half a game. So really, he's achieved his season stats in 11.5-12 games.

It's insane to think what his numbers could be if we didn't blow all of those bad teams out.

Great point!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If Gurley wins the rushing title...
Leads the NFL in touchdowns...
And the Rams finish 12-4...

Crown him MVP!
dm_171217_NFL_Todd_Gurley_career_day_ENHANCED.jpg

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol I just googled it. Fun fact: Danny amendola has the 18th highest single season all propose yards in NFL history. Did it will the Rams in 2010. I had no idea we used him that much

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In the last 20 years it's been Davis, Sanders, Faulk, Alexander, Peterson and Tomlinson. Those guys were either 2000 yard rushers or set a new record for most TDs scored in a season.

Offensive Player of the Year is just as good, IMO, and he stands a better chance of winning that one. It often goes to the guy who should've won MVP.
In talking about the year he got it, and comparing him to Gurley, Tomlinson was asked "How many TD's did he get the year he got MVP!?!" He said "31" with a smile! But I don't know IF he was telling the truth or not!! Does anyone know!!? I'm too lazy to look up stats at this point!

tempests

Hall of Fame
In talking about the year he got it, and comparing him to Gurley, Tomlinson was asked "How many TD's did he get the year he got MVP!?!" He said "31" with a smile! But I don't know IF he was telling the truth or not!! Does anyone know!!? I'm too lazy to look up stats at this point!

It's true, 31 TDs (28 rushing, 3 receiving). And he even passed for two more TDs that season.

Crazy.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Need the bills to get after brady !

If Todd pulls this off and brady struggles, they have to give it to Todd.

Bell is in the conversation too , with brown out they will feed him alot .