20 Random Taking it Easy Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
bbcard.jpg

1. Looks like the Rams have turned a corner in Glendale, Arizona... such a fine sight to see!

2. For the first time in 14 months, the Rams have won back-to-back games!

3. The offensive MVP is obvious. Kyren Williams... WELCOME BACK with a HUGE game! 204 scrimmage yards (143 rushing, 61 receiving) and two TDs! He'll be in the running for NFL Offensive Player of the Week. He is truly a difference maker.

4. In Williams and Royce Freeman (13 carries, 77 yards, TD), the Rams have found a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

5. Lots of honorable mentions on offense. Matthew Stafford was very solid, contributing 4 TD passes. Tyler Higbee had his best game of the year (5 receptions, 29 yards, 2 TDs).

6. You also have to give the OL some appreciation, with 228 yards rushing (6.9 ypc) and no sacks allowed. I'd give particularly high grades to the right side of the line, as Kevin Dotson and Rob Havenstein seemed to have the Cardinals defense pushed back 3-4 yards on several running plays.

7. Tutu Atwell had a nice first half (3 receptions, 76 yards), but I didn't see him on the field in the second half. Was he injured?

8. Puka Nacua and Cooper Kupp combined for 56 yards, and the Rams scored 37 points. Go figure.

9. Defensive MVP for this week is Jordan Fuller. 3 tackles, and 4 big pass breakups. Team had a total of 10 passes defended, which is impressive.

10. Strong honorable mention to Kobie Turner (4 tackles, 2 sacks).

11. The Rams now have 10 sacks from the rookie class: Byron Young 5, Turner 4, Desjuan Johnson 1.

12. The bad? Kicking game still a problem. No impact on outcome, of course, but concerning.

13. This is the only way I want to see Carson Wentz on the field!

14. At 5-6, we are in the thick of the playoff hunt. You can pretty much pencil in the Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, and the NFC South winner. That leaves two spots for the Seahawks (6-5), Vikings (6-5), Packers (5-6), Saints (5-6) and Rams (5-6) to fight over. A lot can happen in 6 weeks!

15. The Rams get a Browns team with an offense decimated by injuries next week. Nick Chubb is, of course, out, and they lost Dorian Thompson-Robinson (concussion) and Amari Cooper (ribs) today.

16. Rams 4-1 vs. NFC West, 1-5 against rest of the league. Discuss.

17. Some rare rookie sightings. Davis Allen with a nice shoestring 3rd down catch on first half TD drive. Zach Evans in some mop-up duty. Tre Tomlinson still a flag magnet. Desjuan Johnson with a garbage time sack.

18. After seeing over 200 yards in penalties last week, it was nice to see the quiet day from the refs.

19. I think today's game, with the re-emergence of Williams, the solidification of Freeman's role, and the inclusion of Higbee and Atwell in the gameplan, the Rams' offense has become much more difficult to scout, gameplan and defend.

20. Keep it going!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
To be fair to Tre Hodges-Tomlinson, he has solid ball skills, as shown on that near-pick-6, and the refs missed an obvious push-off on Hollywood Brown when he was in coverage.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
THT was suspect gave up 2 big catches and didn't play the ball on either

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Getting Kyren back was a nice boost to the offense. Freeman gives us that power run game when he's in. We got a needed win. Stafford and Kupp get another week to heal their nagging injuries.

Cleveland won't be as easy to run against. But their offense has been struggling. If our defense can hold its own we can win this one too. Win it and the playoff talk becomes a reality. Lose and they won't be out of it. But they will have no room for error.

6 games left. They have to win 4 to have a winning season and legit shot at playoffs. I see some beatable teams down the stretch. And we don't know what that last weekend will look like for the 49ers. If they're at a point where they can't move up or down with a win or loss, they might sit most their starters and give us a chance at a win.

I can't see us beating Baltimore. But its the NFL with that any given Sunday thing. Who knows what things might look like with a healthy Stafford and Kupp.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hollywood Brown should've gotten flagged on one of them; he clearly pushed off of THT.
I didn't count that one, the2 were the TD and the sideline throw. I like THT all effort, competes and is clingy. He needs to assuage his game for the NFL

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one mentioned the Rams equaling last year's number of wins!

4=1 in the NFC West is a Jeff Fisher stat. He was always about winning the division and nowhere else!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
17. Some rare rookie sightings. Davis Allen with a nice shoestring 3rd down catch on first half TD drive. Zach Evans in some mop-up duty. Tre Tomlinson still a flag magnet. Desjuan Johnson with a garbage time sack.
Allen always shows great hands, wish he'd get more opportunities. Hope I'm wrong but I've never seen anything good from Zach Evans as a Ram, ever. His vision looked terrible today. Not much burst or wiggle either. And Tomlinson can't seem to get his head out of his ass when it comes to penalties. Glad to see Mr. Irrelevant get a sack. Ochaun Mathis had a couple of decent rushes. Nick Hampton being inactive tells me he'll be on the bubble to make the roster next year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nick Hampton being inactive tells me he'll be on the bubble to make the roster next year.

The coaching staff needs to figure out how to utilize him. And I cant believe he couldnt be of contibution to special teams. Hes a bit small but hes so, so talented.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
There's an old adage in horse racing: they all look fast when they're running past trees.

Arizona weren't exactly the sternest of opposition; let's see how this team fares against better rivals in the coming weeks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
14. At 5-6, we are in the thick of the playoff hunt. You can pretty much pencil in the Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, and the NFC South winner. That leaves two spots for the Seahawks (6-5), Vikings (6-5), Packers (5-6), Saints (5-6) and Rams (5-6) to fight over. A lot can happen in 6 weeks!
We’re back in the hunt!

IMG_7718.png

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
20RT footnote…

I haven’t seen anything indicating that Tutu was injured, so I’m thinking his second half absence was due to the desire to use bigger WRs as blockers in the running game.