20 Random Now That's More Like It Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. But for a missed FG and Woods' fumble, that's pretty much a the complete game we've been waiting for.

2. Signature play on offense: Malcolm Brown's rugby scrum run to the 1 yard line.

3. Signature play on defense: Terrell Lewis with the 4th down stick (nice job, rook!) I think he can be a factor in the second half of the season.

4. A couple of nice early sticks by Terrell Burgess were nice... seeing him carted off sucked.

5. Nice slice Mundt cake in Tyler Higbee's absence!

6. Jared Goff had a couple of needlessly risky throws, but put together a nice night overall.

7. Smash mouth Rams offense. I like it!

8. Do you think Leonard Floyd enjoyed getting a pair of sacks against the team that let him go?

9. Speaking of Floyd: 4 sacks on the season. Dante Fowler, Jr. has 1. Its almost like Aaron Donald makes it easier on edge rushers or something.

10. The Red Zone defense was strong!

11. NFC West: 5-1, 5-2, 5-2 and the defending conference champs at 4-3. Quite a race in store.

12. Is there any punter who is more fun to watch, and has more fun playing the game, than Johnny Hekker.

13. We all knew that Darrell Henderson is fast... but he impressed me with the way he finishes runs.

14. Cam Akers is going to have to work his way into more PT. That's not a knock on him... just an untimely injury and solid play by his fellow RBs.

15. I have little, if any, confidence in Sam Sloman. Not sure he makes it past the bye.

16. Seahawks/Cardinals game was thrilling, but also shows that both have defensive deficiencies.

17. The trade deadline is coming. I don't see a trade in the works, but with Snead... never say never.

18. Michael Brockers had a nice game and was a key figure in stifling the Bears' running game.

19. Donald: 8 sacks in 7 games. If double teams were illegal, he'd have 30 every year.

20. The Rams will be 4 hours from me next Sunday, but I'm staying put and watching from my house. #%&@! COVID!!!!!!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Akers had a 5 yard run taken away by the offside penatly though, right?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
This is the tenacity I wish we'd see every damn game from them. I didn't see, but watched highlights and the excitement, physicality, and as I said earlier, tenacity are exactly what I'd love to see week in, and week out. Maybe they finally found it?

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I thought McVay got away from the run a tad early...and that series just before half was flirting with disaster....don't swing momentum just before half...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I thought one of the worst calls of the game was the intentional grounding on Goff in the second quarter.

First off, he was hit in the head. Right or wrong, there’s a rule against it; and it’s the third time Goff has been hit in the head on a throw this season but it has yet to be called.

My major problem with the call was that Goff’s arm was clearly hit on the play, and it impacted the throw. Officials can’t assume where the ball would have gone had his arm not been hit ... but they did ... bastards!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yes the grounding call was atrocious. How could they not see the hit to his head with a ref literally standing there staring at the QB? I also agree, we went away from the run a bit too early considering the effectiveness it was having, then Goff almost gave them the ball with a few throws. Henderson was balling and finishing runs with power, loved it. The more I see Henderson run, the more I question us taking a RB that highly in the draft. I hope I'm proven wrong and Akers and Henderson become a elite duo, but, clearly the Rams don't think so currently.

Also, I know Reynolds had a nice game, but lets get Jefferson some playtime. His once chance he made an outstanding important catch. He has skills and is our best deep option currently IMO.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
On the grounding call. The Rams have always had "odd" calls against them when Vicovich is the ref. The "offsides" on the offense were headscratchers too. You could see the look on the players faces on those when looking up at jumbotron. Definitely a WTF?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
On the grounding call. The Rams have always had "odd" calls against them when Vicovich is the ref. The "offsides" on the offense were headscratchers too. You could see the look on the players faces on those when looking up at jumbotron. Definitely a WTF?

Yeah I rarely hear offsides called on offense, plus a neutral zone on Everett. Usually it's illegal formation or procedure for offense. So that was puzzling to hear defense penalty terms used for offense.

I blame Vinobitch. :zany:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As far as Akers getting playing time, he had separated rib cartilage. The less hits he takes the sooner it will become a non issue. I would like to see more of him, but at what cost? I have no problem with Akers being available if needed, but resting if he isnt needed.

TexasRam

Legend
As far as Akers getting playing time, he had separated rib cartilage. The less hits he takes the sooner it will become a non issue. I would like to see more of him, but at what cost? I have no problem with Akers being available if needed, but resting if he isnt needed.

I wonder if Akers is in the doghouse for something he said. But it is possible the ribs are not quite there.

I also think it’s possible Donald’s back is tightening up on him at times still. I saw him on the sideline trying to loosen his back up, and they take him out at times for a “breather”.

Tano

Legend
I really hate Vinobitch

i am really glad we killed the curse at NO in the playoffs.

Rams77

Starter
The holding penalty on the Bears in the endzone should have been a safety. We were robbed there as well. If Sloman kicks the ball like a normal kicker and not a line drive the Rams
Should have won this game 29-3 (the Woods fumble was a terrible play call)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm excited about 52 and 54 as our OLBs. Worried of course about Lewis staying healthy but I like the size, strength, and length those two dudes give us on the contain.

Re: Akers I think as McVay alluded to he wanted to mash the ball vs Chicago and see how they handled it. Which meant Brown was probably a big part of that gameplan. And I'm fine with that too just please use him at what he's good at.

Brock did step it up no doubt. And again when Robinson gets going as part of that rotation it's going to help multiple DL in being fresh which is really important. Brock being able to rest a bit IMO will pay dividends. We already have that at NT (good rotation with SJD and Gaines) so now we're going to have better sub play at 5T and 3T.

I am encouraged by Rapp's play at safety. Burgess getting hurt sucks because they were working him in the dime as a ILB with Rapp back there in Fuller's spot (and they did mix it up a bit too vs the Bears with Burgess over the top), so next man up and I would think Scott slides in there in the dime as a box defender. Good thing we had that amazing safety depth eh?

Oh and the OL in spite of PFF grades floating out there was pretty good. Chicago won some snaps but the Rams' OL won a ton too. This run game man... I think it will continue to show well moving forward. We won't roll every defensive front but we're going to have a strong finish to the season on the ground IMO.

Can't wait to watch this week's film it's going to be fun. :horns::cool::horns:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I thought one of the worst calls of the game was the intentional grounding on Goff in the second quarter.

First off, he was hit in the head. Right or wrong, there’s a rule against it; and it’s the third time Goff has been hit in the head on a throw this season but it has yet to be called.

Goff needs to be a tad more vocal about this when it happens.

Often he seems quick to move on to the next play, which is a great attribute... but he should pause and get vocal... try to get that call.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff needs to be a tad more vocal about this when it happens.

Often he seems quick to move on to the next play, which is a great attribute... but he should pause and get vocal... try to get that call.

he asked john about 5 times earlier in the year and was completely ignored.

TexasRam

Legend
A few cool things I noticed when rewatching the game:

1 The push the pile run was hilarious. Every single Ram was pushing. Once Whitworth came in it really moved, and then even Goff came in and pushed.

2. Corbett vs Hicks. Hicks is an absolute monster Pro Bowl player and he won more than a few trench battles against Corbett and Blythe. But our guys beat him at times as well. There were several times we stonewalled him in pass pro. The most awesome play I saw was on the Malcolm Brown TD run. Corbett took Hicks 1 on 1 and destroyed Hicks. Corbett knocked him off the spot and put Hicks on his ass. Hicks fell to the ground completely out of the play to the right. Someone should post a Gif of it. Malcolm then bulldozed Roquan Smith for the goaline TD. That play was two of our guys manning up and beating their two Pro Bowlers. Perfect example of how we won the game by manning the F up.

TexasRam

Legend
Also it should be noted that JJ3 had a tremendous game and Brockers did as well. Brockers stops often get lost in the scrum and his ability to hold the line doesn’t show in the stats, but he was clogging up stuff and playing excellent ball.

JJ’s ability to cover the deep ball and also come up and tackle is so valuable. Range, instincts and technique are excellent.