20 Random Nevermore Proud, Despite the Mistakes, Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Its easy to grin, when your ship has come in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man who's worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." - Judge Elihu Smails

2. The way you view today's game will depend on how you choose to perceive the world in general.

3. In the half-empty column, you have a game in which the Rams played an inferior opponent (missing its best player) and had to go to the wire, primarily due to turnovers (and a rare missed FG).

4. In the half-full column, you have a win that could result in the clinching of a division title (Go Cowb--- Go Cowbo---- nope, just can't seem to type those words) as a result of a clutch, come from behind, fourth quarter.

5. So who had Matthew Stafford turning the ball over 6 times in 2 games... and the Rams WINNING BOTH?

6. Stafford needs to avoid those turnovers. Its as simple as that. Really nothing else to say about it.

7. Still... 14/14 for 162 yards in the second half is impressive. Really impressive.

8. I see some real value in today's game going into the playoffs.

9. Playing through adversity and scoring a go-ahead TD in the final minute on the road has value.

10. Vonn Miller and Odell Beckham make key plays to produce this win has value.

11. Getting contributions from guys like Tyler Higbee, Ben Skowronek and Jordan Fuller matters.

12. Not much being revealed about the Jalen Ramsey/Taylor Rapp dust-up. In a way, I don't mind what I saw... Ramsey is a passionate leader, and Rapp probably earned some respect by coming right back at him.

13. The defense continues to play well. In particular, the pass rush, lead by Miller, Aaron Donald (watch how his push allowed A'Shawn Robinson to register his first sack of the year) and Leonard Floyd, was key. Let's see more of that.

14. Cooper Kupp is amazing. On some plays, he seems to hypnotize defenders with a well-timed pause, only to juke, spin and gain more yards. His season is one for the history books.

15. He also apparently made an impromptu play call, resulting in a 35 yard completion to Van Jefferson. Future OC... HC... I can definitely see a "Coach Kupp" future in the NFL.

16. Well, Antonio Brown... that's ONE way to end a career.

17. The Seahawks are beating up on a short-handed Lions team and celebrating like it's a playoff game. I just don't like that team.

18. Joe Burrow is becoming a superstar.

19. Still a lot to be worked out in the next two weeks. We don't know where the Rams will wind up in the playoff seedings. But, right now, with a 5 week win streak, I'm feeling pretty good.

20. 12 wins. Let that sink in.... then start thinking about the hated 49ers.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
5. So who had Matthew Stafford turning the ball over 6 times in 2 games... and the Rams WINNING BOTH?

Not to mention, on the road with early starts. That adds even more impressiveness to the resilience this team has shown in the last two weeks.

7. Still... 14/14 for 162 yards in the second half is impressive. Really impressive.

Definitely. Absolutely clutch when we needed it most.

9. Playing through adversity and scoring a go-ahead TD in the final minute on the road has value.

Winning two in a row, on the road, when you lost the turnover battle in both games - AND you get the go-ahead TD in the final minute in the second one has a shitload of value in terms of the mentality this team will need in the playoffs.

10. Vonn Miller and Odell Beckham make key plays to produce this win has value.

Beckam's 4th down catch was the catch of the year for the Rams. And Miller's sack to destroy Baltimore's chances of a Justin Tucker FG was the sack of the year. Super duper clutch.

14. Cooper Kupp is amazing. On some plays, he seems to hypnotize defenders with a well-timed pause, only to juke, spin and gain more yards. His season is one for the history books.

Literally, since he set the Rams all-time single-season receiving yardage record today, besting that of Isaac Bruce's incredible 1995 season.

20. 12 wins. Let that sink in.... then start thinking about the hated 49ers.

We need to destroy them.

Luckily, with the shit we've overcome not just in the last two weeks but in the last month, this team is much tougher mentally than the first time we played them. Let's fucking GO!!!!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Not to mention, on the road with early starts. That adds even more impressiveness to the resilience this team has shown in the last two weeks.

Definitely. Absolutely clutch when we needed it most.

Winning two in a row, on the road, when you lost the turnover battle in both games - AND you get the go-ahead TD in the final minute in the second one has a shitload of value in terms of the mentality this team will need in the playoffs.

Beckam's 4th down catch was the catch of the year for the Rams. And Miller's sack to destroy Baltimore's chances of a Justin Tucker FG was the sack of the year. Super duper clutch.

Literally, since he set the Rams all-time single-season receiving yardage record today, besting that of Isaac Bruce's incredible 1995 season.

We need to destroy them.

Luckily, with the shit we've overcome not just in the last two weeks but in the last month, this team is much tougher mentally than the first time we played them. Let's fucking GO!!!!
It was an awesome come from behind win. The D— AD, Miller and others— and the O-- Stafford, Kupp, Sony, and OBJ— stepped up big time down the stretch. Just a critical, maybe season defining win.

That said, McVay needs to coach up or whisper to or protect his QB especially at the start of games. Whatever it takes to get Stanford going right earlier. He came around in the second half. He’s got the ability in the clutch. There must a way to get his head fully engaged in the game sooner.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WTH Coop, only 95 yards and a single TD? Fuckin loser…

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
By the way…hope you all enjoyed the literary Easter egg in the thread title.

So much for the Cowpies helping us out.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
By the way…hope you all enjoyed the literary Easter egg in the thread title.

So much for the Cowpies helping us out.

I totally missed it until I read the post to which I am responding ... well done.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Just a very gratifying win. An emerging D, Offensive identity and resilience to overcome mistakes. I think this team believes and is mentally tough. Bravo

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Once again Avenger Ram, great food for thought.
Some comments to add:

Stafford: He exemplifies the Rams in their misery years prior to the arrival of McVay in that every time we were pinned deep, you anticipated disaster and usually got one. He’s making critical mistakes in the wrong end of the field, giving away points. Has to stop. He just doesn’t look sharp early. Lotta good catches bailing him out.

The good news is that he’s numb to it by the second half. He has put up big time numbers down the stretch. If he can ever get past the slow starts and the long field panic...because he has thrown some wicked darts at critical times.

Winning ugly and getting clutch plays by non-stars are staples in a championship run. That’s what the Rams have been doing lately. Frankly, I’m more confident in the team’s chances to win it all now than when we were winning early in the season. We’re talking about guys we weren’t talking much about 2 months ago. Heck, some weren’t even on the team.

The defense is playing a LOT better now. If they even give up ONE TD yesterday, the Rams lose.

Odell is impressing me more each week—great game yesterday. Miller? Not so much. He’s starting to rise to the occasion and he just might peak in time. I will say, he’s a lot more savvy at playing the edge than Floyd.

Ramsey showed the ugly side I thought would be shelved if we were winning. Hopefully this doesn’t continue or pick up traction.

SLOW STARTS are what will be the Rams undoing if they keep resulting in giving away points and putting us in comeback mode.

Kupp for MVP? Is there a stronger case for anybody else? He’s amazing. He does everything.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Team must be exhausted. They played 4 games in 21 days. That's 2 road games with both early eastern time zones. All dubs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Once again Avenger Ram, great food for thought.
Some comments to add:

Stafford: He exemplifies the Rams in their misery years prior to the arrival of McVay in that every time we were pinned deep, you anticipated disaster and usually got one. He’s making critical mistakes in the wrong end of the field, giving away points. Has to stop. He just doesn’t look sharp early. Lotta good catches bailing him out.

The good news is that he’s numb to it by the second half. He has put up big time numbers down the stretch. If he can ever get past the slow starts and the long field panic...because he has thrown some wicked darts at critical times.

Winning ugly and getting clutch plays by non-stars are staples in a championship run. That’s what the Rams have been doing lately. Frankly, I’m more confident in the team’s chances to win it all now than when we were winning early in the season. We’re talking about guys we weren’t talking much about 2 months ago. Heck, some weren’t even on the team.

The defense is playing a LOT better now. If they even give up ONE TD yesterday, the Rams lose.

Odell is impressing me more each week—great game yesterday. Miller? Not so much. He’s starting to rise to the occasion and he just might peak in time. I will say, he’s a lot more savvy at playing the edge than Floyd.

Ramsey showed the ugly side I thought would be shelved if we were winning. Hopefully this doesn’t continue or pick up traction.

SLOW STARTS are what will be the Rams undoing if they keep resulting in giving away points and putting us in comeback mode.

Kupp for MVP? Is there a stronger case for anybody else? He’s amazing. He does everything.

Hey all, pattern guy here.

I wonder if McVay gets that Stafford's turnover issues come mostly from inside our own 20... and it's not just "bad decisions", but rather a mindset at least from what I can discern.

He could give up a Safety and it would be better than a pick 6, but you can see how he's rushing his own mental process.

In the military, we say, "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". When it comes to being pinned deep, Stafford seems to want to be quick and hurries his process and is easily fooled by LBs and DBs baiting him into costly mistakes. What's funny is that outside the 25 yard line, we don't see that for the most part.

Some of this will be much better in his second year and hopefully with a more stable offensive cast.

I also think we cannot underestimate how much Robert Woods meant to us... When we are pinned deep, it was Woods who'd be the target for the most part as Kupp was getting tons of attention. As we see now with OBJ, we really need that extra, super reliable hands target opposite Woods.

I think after this season, we will do some henky stuff to keep OBJ and Von Miller and I'm here for it.

To address the Stafford issues, I really hope McVay goes really hard on the run and play action inside our own 25 to take the pressure off and focus on the field position game. Scoring isn't our problem... it's not even turnovers, but really untimely or costly turnovers. If McVay focuses more on the field position game (and has Morris not surrender most of the field prior to the red zone), then we're good.

But yeah, we've got to stop putting Stafford in a position we KNOW he's not good in.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Sure would be nice to figure this out.

I don’t expect to start every game on fire, but most team script something they feel they can have success with early… our script seems clunkier than you’d expect from one of the better teams in the league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Floyd is playing at a high level out there, and has been for most of the season. In fact that last game he made a couple contain plays that maybe a handful of edges can make, using that length and strength to hold the OT and the edge.

Miller over the past 5 games has also played exceptional ball for us. His strength has been a big factor on short yardage plays that have gone our way. His contain has been mostly excellent. Only real mistake he makes is occasional inside moves on his rush. But his rush has been improving game to game on top of that run defense and contain.

I'll say it again... There is not a defensive front playing better than our group is right now. In fact if our secondary can make the SF QB actually hold the fucking ball we are going to kick their asses and make their lives hell for once.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
. There is not a defensive front playing better than our group is right now. In fact if our secondary can make the SF QB actually hold the fucking ball we are going to kick their asses and make their lives hell for once.

From your lips to the ears of the football gods!

Floyd is a good player, no doubt, but his containment this year has “leaked” more than it did last year.

Because of Stafford turning the ball over and Kupp having an historic season, etc., the defense in general might not be getting the credit it deserves. They are playing some great football right now—that’s what it takes to win ugly.

Keeping samuel between the tackles when he runs will be key on Sunday

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Floyd is playing at a high level out there, and has been for most of the season. In fact that last game he made a couple contain plays that maybe a handful of edges can make, using that length and strength to hold the OT and the edge.

Miller over the past 5 games has also played exceptional ball for us. His strength has been a big factor on short yardage plays that have gone our way. His contain has been mostly excellent. Only real mistake he makes is occasional inside moves on his rush. But his rush has been improving game to game on top of that run defense and contain.

I'll say it again... There is not a defensive front playing better than our group is right now. In fact if our secondary can make the SF QB actually hold the fucking ball we are going to kick their asses and make their lives hell for once.
Couldn't agree more.

I don't think fans or talking heads have yet realized what a force Von Miller is for the Rams. It's no accident that AD, Gaines and Floyd have been been playing their best ball, and the Rams have dramatically improved their run stops and pass rush, since VM came on board.

This is a defensive front with strengths everywhere and no weaknesses.

Don't look now but they're getting better every week. Miller, like Beckham, is just rounding into playoff and championship form. It's unbelievable to have him on board for the tournament.

JYB

Starter
Team must be exhausted. They played 4 games in 21 days. That's 2 road games with both early eastern time zones. All dubs.
Playing the tough Niners for a key division battle certainly won't provide any respite. Too bad Cards beat Cowboys -- they really could've used the week off.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Wow! I'm A SEAHAWK FAN this week.
I think hawks play a strong game, with the pending future of a pete - wilson breakup