20 Random Horrible End, But a New Beginning Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. How did we manage to lose that one?

2. Its easy to blame the defense on the final drive in regulation. No doubt that the coverage errors were monumental and inexcusable. I think the loss of Jordan Fuller hurt there, but there's just no justification for blowing so many coverages in that situation.

3. Still, the No. 1 culprit today... and its not even close... was the offensive line. No push in the running game, and absolutely no pass protection for Matthew Stafford. A real step back for that unit.

4. I think Stafford played well. He made some big throws and was rolling when he had protection.

5. The one criticism I have, and I think its a combination of a critique of Stafford and, to some extent, play calling, is that Stafford and the Rams' offense couldn't find any rhythm with quick-passes (something that really could have helped protect the lead when the running game was not working).

6. Some accolades are necessary... first and foremost... Cooper Kupp. The final TD drive was an MVP performance. What a great player he's become.

7. Tyler Higbee's best game of the year.

8. A'Shawn Robinson's best game of the year, by far.

9. Johnny Hekker had a nice game.

10. Great to see Cam Akers out there. I can't really evaluate his performance, given how poor the run blocking was. Hopefully, he'll be a factor in the playoffs.

11. I'm not a Californian, so I guess I don't really understand the sports fan demographics there. Someone needs to explain to me how the 49ers fans made it seem like a neutral site, at best.

12. Meanwhile, our good friends from Seattle handed us the NFC West.

13. That sets us up for Round 3 against the Cardinals. I like the match-up. Arizona is reeling, and we played very well against them just a few weeks ago.

14. The 43 game streak of winning games in which the Rams lead at halftime ends. Still shocked about how quickly we lost the lead from 17-0.

15. But, enough of that... time to look forward.

16. If we beat Arizona, don't be shocked if we end up going to Tampa, rather than Green Bay, in Round 2. Dallas is an inconsistent team. They could blow out the 49ers, or they could be a one-and-done, which would send SF to Green Bay and, if the Bucs beat Philly, set us up for a date with Tom Brady.

17. My feelings about the regular season are so mixed at this point, so I'll finish with three thoughts...

18. This team does a lot of things well and, on occasion, exceptionally well.

19. On the flip side, this team does not seem to do much of anything CONSISTENTLY well.

20. But, in the end, we're in the tournament, we start with a home game, and we have a puncher's chance. I'm guaranteeing nothing, but I do think its possible that we have another four game winning streak in us. Buckle up!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I didn't want to open and read this.

Im glad I did. Nice work

Q729

Legend
These are awesome reads after a loss or a win.

Oh shit! The analytics told McVay to lose this one so we didn't have to win 10 in a row! Fucking genius! I get it now.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
This is either going to make us even stronger heading into the playoffs…Or it’ll demoralize us.

Based on how we’ve responded to past adversity this season, we’ve always risen to the occasion. Let’s hope that trend continues when it truly matters most. It’s gonna be a wild ride.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
21 Give it up for the triple crown winner, COOPER KUPP!

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The blame is on the head coach, Sean McVay. All he had to do was gain 10 yards on 2-3 safe pass attempts. But he ran the ball up against a defensive front this is loads tougher than our offensive front.
Its on him. Get a simple first down and we are in the VICTORY formation rubbing it in Niner fans faces. It was obvious from the first quarter the Rams could not run against them.
If I knew it.
How come the coach did not know it ?
Now we are officially the Niners Bitches. Someone needs to put that on a T shirt and force our young boy wonder to wear it in public all day tomorrow.
I mean for real, its all on him. He did not even try to get the first down. What happened "Mr. Creativity" ?.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All we can do is take the positives and hope this team grows a little more. Time to go beat the Cards and hopefully start a playoff run of epic proportions.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
1. How did we manage to lose that one?

2. Its easy to blame the defense on the final drive in regulation. No doubt that the coverage errors were monumental and inexcusable. I think the loss of Jordan Fuller hurt there, but there's just no justification for blowing so many coverages in that situation.

3. Still, the No. 1 culprit today... and its not even close... was the offensive line. No push in the running game, and absolutely no pass protection for Matthew Stafford. A real step back for that unit.

4. I think Stafford played well. He made some big throws and was rolling when he had protection.

5. The one criticism I have, and I think its a combination of a critique of Stafford and, to some extent, play calling, is that Stafford and the Rams' offense couldn't find any rhythm with quick-passes (something that really could have helped protect the lead when the running game was not working).

6. Some accolades are necessary... first and foremost... Cooper Kupp. The final TD drive was an MVP performance. What a great player he's become.

7. Tyler Higbee's best game of the year.

8. A'Shawn Robinson's best game of the year, by far.

9. Johnny Hekker had a nice game.

10. Great to see Cam Akers out there. I can't really evaluate his performance, given how poor the run blocking was. Hopefully, he'll be a factor in the playoffs.

11. I'm not a Californian, so I guess I don't really understand the sports fan demographics there. Someone needs to explain to me how the 49ers fans made it seem like a neutral site, at best.

12. Meanwhile, our good friends from Seattle handed us the NFC West.

13. That sets us up for Round 3 against the Cardinals. I like the match-up. Arizona is reeling, and we played very well against them just a few weeks ago.

14. The 43 game streak of winning games in which the Rams lead at halftime ends. Still shocked about how quickly we lost the lead from 17-0.

15. But, enough of that... time to look forward.

16. If we beat Arizona, don't be shocked if we end up going to Tampa, rather than Green Bay, in Round 2. Dallas is an inconsistent team. They could blow out the 49ers, or they could be a one-and-done, which would send SF to Green Bay and, if the Bucs beat Philly, set us up for a date with Tom Brady.

17. My feelings about the regular season are so mixed at this point, so I'll finish with three thoughts...

18. This team does a lot of things well and, on occasion, exceptionally well.

19. On the flip side, this team does not seem to do much of anything CONSISTENTLY well.

20. But, in the end, we're in the tournament, we start with a home game, and we have a puncher's chance. I'm guaranteeing nothing, but I do think its possible that we have another four game winning streak in us. Buckle up!
I wish i had your positive disposition.. thanks for the read.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Trust me...after a game like yesterday’s, it’s tough for me to find the bright side. Still...at least I’m not a Colts fan!
IMG_20220110_061516.png

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They just replayed the 49 game again tonight on the NFL network. Lesson learned and I bet this makes the team stronger.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I can't rewatch this again. But that strip sack by A'Shawn on Crapollo was almost recovered by the Rams. That could've been a game changer. If only other 1 or 2 more defenders were in the vicinity that would've been to the house. I just wanted it to rain down on those assholes, I was having so much fun in the first half. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

dang

Legend
Rams fans. What happened in the SF sucked but it’s not unprecedented. In fact look up the 69ers-Titans game. Very comparable flow with SF taking an early lead and dominating at halftime. Titans come roaring back with a SF answer at the bell only to be knocked out by a game ending FG. It happens. Just need to learn from it.

Tano

Legend
I wouldn't have such a problem with their coming back if it wasn't for how the whiners needed a TD and 90 yards in 80 secs to even tie the game. And then Morris went into super mode prevent a win defense. That's the only problem I really had with this game.

Why the heck was Ramsey not stuck on Deebo with some over the top help? Just baffles me.