FEATURE 20 Random Attrition by Subtraction Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Sometimes there is this thought that creeps into my head. After all that intensity and focus it took to win a championship, they reached the pinnacle. They earned it. They were able to exhale. Some guys got paid. A lot. Losing the same desire and hunger would not be out of the question.

Sure, they're professionals with pride. They still have the desire to win again. Hunger is there. But is it on the same level as last season? Is it something that consumes them? Always at the forefront? Sometimes it sure doesn't look like it.

I think that’s a growing trend in the NFL period-not just for a current Super Bowl winner. Just look at the league right now. I think there are 24 teams playing .500 or worse. And out of those teams that are over .500 there are a few that won’t wind up there by the end of the year.

We are all football fans on here and watch a lot of games and I just don’t see teams playing at a high level on a week to week basis anymore. Look how many times this year a team has blown someone out and everyone touts them as the next Super Bowl favorite and the following week they go out and lose to a team half their equal or just squeak by. I can’t remember the last time I noticed a team blowing someone out 2 or 3 weeks in a row. Maybe it’s just me or these guys are more cognizant of life after football but I just don’t see these players today laying it on the line week in and week out or maintaining the same level of intensity for more than a week or two in a row.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Despite the issues they had, the rams stayed within 1 score of the niners til the last td in the 4th. The 9ers were happy to have Garapalo throw screens, swing passes and dump offs since Deebo was the best rb in the game and it also kept Jimmy G from holding the ball.
Stafford didn’t have time todo much so in turned into where’s Cooper? Which eventually sealed the game for them. Hopefully Vanjeff’s return can loosen things up and may the rookie can jump start the run game.
All true.

And the 9ers had plenty of injuries as well.

The physicality deficit is real, imo.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Re: ARob, everyone has bad games. Last night was not a good outing for him. But he was wide open on seemingly every snap vs. Buffalo. He also had lots of separation against Atlanta, and ought to have had 2 TDs that game (one was maddeningly called back). He needs to be better but I am still not convinced this is not more of a scheme / QB preference problem.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
One point I neglected to make - Riley Dixon had an outstanding game. Of course, when the punter is a candidate for a game ball, that's never a good thing.
Yes.

Seemed like most punts were over 50 yards.

Now that might put some pressure on coverage unit but he’s bootin’ the ball.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I was going to comment on Dixon somewhere. He had a great game and a good season so far.

Tano

Legend
Yeah, I was going to comment on Dixon somewhere. He had a great game and a good season so far.
But what the heck do they teach these guys running down the field covering the punt.

Every time the first guy runs right by the punt returner the last two games.

They need to slow down and make the other guy make a move before attempting the tackle.

dang

Legend
If Jefferson comes back 100% that should open the passing game up a bit. Force some passes to ARob to see if anything can be jump started. Time to test drive the Porsche on the highway. His confidence has to be low at this point.

Stafford needs more time and the RBs need more than Havenstein to run blocke so the OL needs to shore up coming out of the bye week.

I do believe OBJ going to another team is likely as a number of teams may be willing to pay him premium $$$ to pump their pass game up. Including some playoff contenders like KC, TB or god forbid SF. If so - then have an an Edge or IOL lined up for a plan B trade.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The pass rush will be ineffective as long as we are giving large cushions to Wrs, then the QBs can get the ball out quickly before the rush has a chance to get home before the ball is thrown.
Morris is killing his own pass rush.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Oh, and the Oline absolutely sucks. we are still paying the cost of drafting a useless WR instead of a star center.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This was predictable. Allen’s knee, Akers Achilles.

This team has had some golden opportunities that they threw away in the off-season. One has been talked about but the other hasn’t so much. Many expected Snead to take a RB. Not only this years draft but last years draft too.

Higbee has had some injuries, so has Kupp and Henderson. Not having adequate replacements waiting in the wings is a lack of awareness, or maybe wishful thinking.