2 things the media are overlooking on SF and seaworms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. For SF...their secondary. They've had problems for quite some time and haven't done anything to address. It took another blow when Chris Culliver is out for the whole year. That leaves Carlos Rodgers. One older CB is just that, one older CB. That just leaves Eric Wright? Meh. Only Nnamdi Asomugha can be a factor if he goes back to his Raider days, but who knows with that. He's also older.

2. For the seaworms, it's their pass rush. They only have one average guy (Cliff Avril) and the rest are talented but are coming off ACL tears. Chris Clemons, Red Bryant, Jason Jones...ehh. For their "vaunted" secondary to work, their pass rush needs to improve. Unless they get a bunch of coverage sacks Which I have doubts.

So as high as the media boner is for these 2 teams, they are overlooking this fact and assuming these two are invincible. Blah. Fuck that.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Angry Ram said:
1. For SF...their secondary. They've had problems for quite some time and haven't done anything to address. It took another blow when Chris Culliver is out for the whole year. That leaves Carlos Rodgers. One older CB is just that, one older CB. That just leaves Eric Wright? Meh. Only Nnamdi Asomugha can be a factor if he goes back to his Raider days, but who knows with that. He's also older.

2. For the seaworms, it's their pass rush. They only have one average guy (Cliff Avril) and the rest are talented but are coming off ACL tears. Chris Clemons, Red Bryant, Jason Jones...ehh. For their "vaunted" secondary to work, their pass rush needs to improve. Unless they get a bunch of coverage sacks Which I have doubts.

So as high as the media boner is for these 2 teams, they are overlooking this fact and assuming these two are invincible. Blah. Fuck that.

We match up well with Seattles secondary two lightning quick guys to burn them deep and or get holding calls , and Quick Pettis and Cook to go toe to toe with them.

You forgot their coaches have zero facial hair BTW .

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The theory of relativity. Their D's may have some weak points but I think they'll still both be in the top 10 at the end of the year. I'm hoping the Rams will be right there with them.

My criticism of both teams is their offenses. If our O plays out like I think it will, it will be the deciding factor in our games.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Angry Ram said:

So as high as the media boner is for these 2 teams, they are overlooking this fact and assuming these two are invincible. Blah. freak that.

The Hawks also added Bennett who had 9 sacks last year. They are good enough with an outstanding back 7.

But the Niners are really weak at WR. AJ Jenkins looks like a bust, and their 4th round pick, Patton, isn't practicing with a broken finger. Manningham is on the PUP, and he's injury prone. Looks like all they've got to start the season is Boldin.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
The theory of relativity. Their D's may have some weak points but I think they'll still both be in the top 10 at the end of the year. I'm hoping the Rams will be right there with them.

My criticism of both teams is their offenses. If our O plays out like I think it will, it will be the deciding factor in our games.

I think they are major weak points. Particularly w/ the seaworms...a big part that made the media boner grow was the final 2 out of the 3 games. They shouldn't expect to blow out opponents by putting 50 burgers b/c of defensive and ST scores week in and out.

As for their offenses, both teams are the same. Only difference is SF has one guy (Vernon Davis) that can go over the top.

Angry Ram

max said:
Angry Ram said:

So as high as the media boner is for these 2 teams, they are overlooking this fact and assuming these two are invincible. Blah. freak that.

The Hawks also added Bennett who had 9 sacks last year. They are good enough with an outstanding back 7.

But the Niners are really weak at WR. AJ Jenkins looks like a bust, and their 4th round pick, Patton, isn't practicing with a broken finger. Manningham is on the PUP, and he's injury prone. Looks like all they've got to start the season is Boldin.

I'm so scuuuuurrrred.

iced

Seriously? Michael Bennett?

He had 9 sacks on one of the worst pass rushing teams in the league and the team that gave up the most passing yards, almost an NFL record bad...

yea, color me scared :roll:

That same team that we also beat in their house...

Seattle's Linebackers aren't that great in coverage either - I see a lot of pistol / 2 TE sets against Seattle, and 3/4 wide/te spread out against the niners.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy added:
max , Davis has been working at wr
I don't think that changes the equation very much. If Davis is a WR then who do they have at TE? He's still only one guy no matter where he lines up.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/26/4149302/michael-bennett-injury-update-no-surgery-seahawks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/26/4 ... y-seahawks</a>
Last season with the Buccaneers, Bennett managed nine sacks and 41 tackles despite playing with the torn rotator cuff all season, so he is clearly capable of performing at a high level with the injury. The Seahawks signed Bennett to a one-year, $5 million contract this offseason. At 27 and coming off his best season, the one-year deal seemed like a curious choice, but Bennett's injury helps explain the contract.

Bennett joins Cliff Avril, Bruce Irvin, and Chris Clemons as the Seattle defensive ends. With so much firepower at one position, it could explain why Seattle was willing to take a risk on Bennett and see how he performs without any surgery. Clemons will likely miss some time to start the season with a torn ACL, so Bennett is of the most value to Seattle over those first few games. If he plays like he did last year, he could play out the season, but if he struggles, midseason surgery is always a possibility.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy added:
I don't think that changes the equation very much. If Davis is a WR then who do they have at TE? He's still only one guy no matter where he lines up.

Yup. That's how I see it. It's smacks of desperation.

Davis is one guy, and he's much more of a threat at TE than WR.

Angry Ram

albefree69 said:
Thordaddy added:

They have a rookie Vance McDonald. 2nd round pick, he's a big dude. Kinda of a Chris Cooley type. But even if he lines up who's gonna match up w/ him? I'll tell you who Alec Ogletree.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Angry Ram said:
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy added:

They have a rookie Vance McDonald. 2nd round pick, he's a big dude. Kinda of a Chris Cooley type. But even if he lines up who's gonna match up w/ him? I'll tell you who Alec Ogletree.

I've read that McDonald has the dropsies. Not sure if he is ready this year.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
should be more like 2 things they are overhyping Russell Wilson and kaperdick

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Don't tell the Squawk fans their pass rush is average at best. Thet'll call you delusional and argue how it's amazing. Discusting...

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
We match up well with Seattles secondary two lightning quick guys to burn them deep and or get holding calls , and Quick Pettis and Cook to go toe to toe with them.

You forgot their coaches have zero facial hair BTW .

Not only no facial hair, but are sans mullet.