2 & 44 to Cleveland for 4 & 26

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That's My Story and I am Willing it to happen. Cleveland gets the #2 QB ahead of Jax and we get 3 firsts.

A55VA6

Legend
Falcons may want Clowney and there is a Snead / Dimitroff connection. Maybe a deal would be done there as well.

RamsFan14

Starter
If there is one team I would want to trade with, it would be Cleveland... Well now that they will have a new coach (crazy!!!) maybe not anymore I guess... They were using Josh Gordon as trade bait at the beginning of the season with Trent Richardson, possibly a second round pick back then to get him. Josh Gordon is a STUD and didn't play with a consistent QB all season, still managed over 1600 yards! He's 6'3, and will be 23 years old in APRIL!!! If there is a way to get him in a deal for our number 2 pick, omg please TAKE IT! Last year his rookie year he was pretty solid, this year he just killed it!!! I would rather get a proven commodity like Gordon then draft a potential star like Watkins or Evans (not dissing them, both good prospects, but prospects none the less).

But Gordon probably cemented his place in Cleveland with his seasons play, he's a stud! If there is a way to get him along with there #4 pick this year and first round next year, I would pull the trigger! I'm probably dreaming tho.

Btw, Gordon is down to his last strike with the substance abuse policy right? He's been caught once, correct? So if he's caught again he'll miss a season?! Idk I'm making this up or if I misremember. If that's the case, his value might go down a little.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If there is one team I would want to trade with, it would be Cleveland... Well now that they will have a new coach (crazy!!!) maybe not anymore I guess... They were using Josh Gordon as trade bait at the beginning of the season with Trent Richardson, possibly a second round pick back then to get him. Josh Gordon is a STUD and didn't play with a consistent QB all season, still managed over 1600 yards! He's 6'3, and will be 23 years old in APRIL!!! If there is a way to get him in a deal for our number 2 pick, omg please TAKE IT! Last year his rookie year he was pretty solid, this year he just killed it!!! I would rather get a proven commodity like Gordon then draft a potential star like Watkins or Evans (not dissing them, both good prospects, but prospects none the less).

But Gordon probably cemented his place in Cleveland with his seasons play, he's a stud! If there is a way to get him along with there #4 pick this year and first round next year, I would pull the trigger! I'm probably dreaming tho.

Btw, Gordon is down to his last strike with the substance abuse policy right? He's been caught once, correct? So if he's caught again he'll miss a season?! Idk I'm making this up or if I misremember. If that's the case, his value might go down a little.
Yes you are correct, He has 2 offenses and misses a year if he gets caught again. He tested Positive 3 times for pot in college so lets see if he has learned or not. I am a little suspect on this myself, but what a stud he is and size too.

moklerman

Warner-phile
How does that work, anyway? If a guy gets two strikes is he forever on two strikes or does it drop off at some point?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1875478-breaking-down-how-the-nfl-substance-abuse-policy-works
This is a pretty good and readable article on the subject of banned substances and the policies and penalties.
I believe Zero tolerance means the next (3rd) positive test for Gordon will be a 1 year suspension irrespective of the time elapsed between the violations.
Of course you can contest the results but they take 2 samples, bottle A and bottle B if both are positive for a banned substance I believe you would be S.O.L

RFIP

That's My Story and I am Willing it to happen. Cleveland gets the #2 QB ahead of Jax and we get 3 firsts.

No way I give anyone #44, #2 is the prize, come get it or stay home! Or to paraphrase a little from Rany Moss; "Straight (#2) homie!!"

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm not sure I would be willing to give up our second round pick for that trade. Maybe, I'd be willing to move a third or fourth but not a second round pick.

2nd 2,600+44th 460=3,060
4th 1,800+26th 700=2,500

Why would we make that trade? We're not idiots, we aren't Washington.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Cleveland Browns will hire Josh McDaniels as their next Head Coach and they will trade up with the Rams to draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel then they will play this song everytime they have the football.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fan the Manziel hype, ya'all!

I'd love for him to get "hot" this offseason.

iced

cleveland won't be in our partner - they're gonna get manziel and he will be there at 4

RFIP

cleveland won't be in our partner - they're gonna get manziel and he will be there at 4

Easy to say but they shit the bed 2 years ago and were left at the alter when the Rams traded RG3 to Washington. LOL of course that was probably a lucky break for Cleveland now.

V3

Hall of Fame
Not a fan of that trade at all.

If they threw in Gordon, I'd think about it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are a LOT of QB needy teams.

If you target one, you got to get ahead of the "other guy".

iced

Easy to say but they shyte the bed 2 years ago and were left at the alter when the Rams traded RG3 to Washington. LOL of course that was probably a lucky break for Cleveland now.

yea but it was known Rg3 was gonna be the #2 QB..

Manziel isn't THAT strong of a candidate