1st Photos of Pluto!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here's my first photo of Pluto

38602_151096761568755_4935826_n_zpskgdi1tu9.jpeg
How long before the HD pics come out?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
-Pluto is about minus 400 degrees Fahrenheit on the surface.
-One year on Pluto(one orbit) is equal to 246 Earth years(orbits).
Scale to Earth:
pluto-size.png

bluecoconuts

Legend
How long before the HD pics come out?

At least one should be released tomorrow, it'll take over a year for us to download all the data from New Horizons though, so new information will trickle out overtime. Most people will lose interest after the picture, the rest of us will continue to geek out when we get new information on how Pluto is affected by solar winds, and the makeup of the atmosphere, etc.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That's so awesome. And all I can think of whenever someone mentions Pluto...

tumblr_ltp2cab8Hd1r1f7ddo1_500.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm just glad pluto doesn't feel abandoned.

People, that massive white area. Impact? Internal ejection? Illuminati NWO beach head for invasion?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Close up picture of Pluto.

nh-plutosurface.png

This picture is amazing, it shows that Pluto is still active, or at least was until recently, for a planet as small as Pluto, it really changes our understanding of planets, and has huge potential implications for our search for other worlds.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Here's a small chart of the methane on Pluto.

nh-pluto-ice.png

You can see that there are some pretty big differences in the area, which indicate there were areas of the atmosphere that scattered the light more, which is very interesting in terms of the makeup of Pluto's atmosphere.

NASA will be releasing more pictures as time goes.