1999 Tennessee Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
= 2015 St. Louis Rams.

These two teams are built so similar. Now, if only we can win like them

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
We're missing a significant piece. Foles, Mannion, Keenum or Davis have nothing on Air McNair. They've got a long way to go before they can even be considered for sniffing his jock strap.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We're missing a significant piece. Foles, Mannion, Keenum or Davis have nothing on Air McNair. They've got a long way to go before they can even be considered for sniffing his jock strap.

I'm pretty sure that Foles play in 2013 earned him the right to sniff any QBs jockstrap....
Is he comparable to the greats? Not yet. But he has absolutely proven that he can play in this league.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm pretty sure that Foles play in 2013 earned him the right to sniff any QBs jockstrap....
Is he comparable to the greats? Not yet. But he has absolutely proven that he can play in this league.
One good season is nice, but I don't think it's earned him a right to sniff the jock of some of the greats. Especially given that season had as much to do with luck as it did with skill.

I'm not saying he's a slouch, but I'm saying that McNair outclasses him by a lot.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't forget McNair only played in 11 games. That team (like this one) was built to win using the running game and defense

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
McNair compared to Foles isn't fair, and Foles could end up being a better QB once we have a real body of work to look at.

If he is as good as McNair we are in very good shape for the future. If he's better the Rams are going to be in the mix for the title a few times.

I don';t think McNair had truly hit stride in 99, he was still a very young QB. He got better.

V3

Hall of Fame
Let's hope no one has to sniff any jock straps to make this team good again.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Don't forget McNair only played in 11 games. That team (like this one) was built to win using the running game and defense
True enough, but McNair was also really good in his own right, if he didn't have Eddie George I still think he could have taken control of that team in the long run if he wasn't as nagged by injuries as he was and the Titans weren't fans of making idiot moves.

RamzFanz

Damnit

McNair couldn't crack the starting lineup for 2 seasons and went 8-8 when he did, so maybe it's a little early to judge Foles?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
McNair couldn't crack the starting lineup for 2 seasons and went 8-8 when he did, so maybe it's a little early to judge Foles?
I know, thus the they've got a long way to go, not that it's entirely impossible.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know, thus the they've got a long way to go, not that it's entirely impossible.

I think that's an arguable point. Foles has surpassed McNair, and almost all other QBs by the way, in many ways like QBR records and TDs in a game. He's shown he has the skills to be excellent. We don't have the body of work to compare yet, but he's done some incredible things far faster than McNair did.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think that's an arguable point. Foles has surpassed McNair, and almost all other QBs by the way, in many ways like QBR records and TDs in a game. He's shown he has the skills to be excellent. We don't have the body of work to compare yet, but he's done some incredible things far faster than McNair did.
That's good, but that really doesn't mean much if he can't keep that consistently. The greats keep good numbers and keep them consistently throughout their careers. The juror is still out on Foles and to say he outclasses anybody yet is a reach. He had one amazing season between a couple of average ones.

If he's a flash in the pan, there's no reason to reward him for it yet. This is something that would need to be revisited down the line when it's all said it done, but as of right now he's not better than McNair simply because he had one amazing season.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's good, but that really doesn't mean much if he can't keep that consistently. The greats keep good numbers and keep them consistently throughout their careers. The juror is still out on Foles and to say he outclasses anybody yet is a reach. He had one amazing season between a couple of average ones.

If he's a flash in the pan, there's no reason to reward him for it yet. This is something that would need to be revisited down the line when it's all said it done, but as of right now he's not better than McNair simply because he had one amazing season.

Well, sure. But at this point in both careers, Foles would be the winner, hands down. QBR, records set, W/L, just about everything. My only point being he's AHEAD of the timeline to being great if McNair is the measure.

If Gurley is who many think and these o line picks work out, we will have a great opportunity to do a solid comparison this season.