1973 Rams Yearbook | New Unis, First of 7 Straight Division Titles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
The blue and white the Rams moved away from in 1973 were only around for about ten years. The Rams went with the simple blue and white in part because they looked good on black-and-white TV which is what most people had at the time.

The color change in 1973 was due in part to the fact that most homes had color TVs by the '70s.

Uniforms, colors and logos change. Not a big deal. However, the horns on the helmet. THAT was iconic.
IS ICONIC!!!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Do we agree the horns should not have been modified?

You & I agree on that, my hope was they were just going to make them thicker. However, taking nothing away from the new uniforms, we need to let that marinate a bit and see how they look during games, to formulate an over analysis.

However, I miss the twenty something me, that would have said..."What hell did you do to the Iconic Horns, you couldn't get water out of a boot, if the instructions were on the bottom!"

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Uniform and color changes mean little to me. Happens with most teams, and is no big deal. Natural to have a favorite but things change.

The Rams horns are different for me. They were the reason a nine year old NY kid (who’s father loved the Giants) became a Rams’ fan. Much to my dad’s chagrin.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
The blue and white the Rams moved away from in 1973 were only around for about ten years. The Rams went with the simple blue and white in part because they looked good on black-and-white TV which is what most people had at the time.

The color change in 1973 was due in part to the fact that most homes had color TVs by the '70s.

Uniforms, colors and logos change. Not a big deal. However, the horns on the helmet. THAT was iconic.
Good point. I was 10yrs old for the '73 season and although I had been watching the Rams for a few years I LOVED the new Uni's. I thought the B&W's were boring as hell. I like them a lil more now. At the time though, the new ones were EXCITING! I actually had the kit from 71 or 72 I think (pictured below). Never made the correlation about color and TV. Makes sense though.

rams66.jpg

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Rams horns are different for me. They were the reason a nine year old NY kid (who’s father loved the Giants) became a Rams’ fan. Much to my dad’s chagrin.

Well, it's also one of the reason a five year old (Upstate, NY Kid) whose whole family rooted for the Giants became a Rams fan...Loved the horns, always did.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Lighten up man...I was just making a funny.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good point. I was 10yrs old for the '73 season and although I had been watching the Rams for a few years I LOVED the new Uni's. I thought the B&W's were boring as hell. I like them a lil more now. At the time though, the new ones were EXCITING!

I felt similar to the blue & whites, but again I was age 5 at the time, felt like you the white on white was boring and one of my cousins, felt the Rams looked like ambulance drivers. Anyway loved the new uniforms in 73 and wished they had kept them, but with the move to St. Louis & back to LA, they wanted something different, hopefully, they will fix the horn.
1596990950966.png

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Yes he most certainly was, late night replays @11:00

you know who took over the Ucla BB role when Enberg left, some unknown well spoken kid named Al Michaels

This is true

That had to have been an awesome experience for them just starting out.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
You & I agree on that, my hope was they were just going to make them thicker. However, taking nothing away from the new uniforms, we need to let that marinate a bit and see how they look during games, to formulate an over analysis.

However, I miss the twenty something me, that would have said..."What hell did you do to the Iconic Horns, you couldn't get water out of a boot, if the instructions were on the bottom!"

Thicker horns would have been enough for me as well. But honestly the uniforms are already growing on me seeing the players in them. Particularly the Bone on Bone. I always wanted us to have something back to that Fearsome Foursome White and Blue uniform style and the Bone is getting there.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I always wanted us to have something back to that Fearsome Foursome White and Blue uniform style and the Bone is getting there.

I concur and I especially like the Bone with the blue socks and before the new uniforms, I didn't even realize bone was a color.