10 Foregone Conclusions for the 2015 NFL Season - Jeff Fisher on the Hot Seat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I remain a strong Fisher supporter, I had to think just what could go wrong which might cause Kroenke to let Fish go after the 2015 season. I tend to believe that Fisher's job is safe through at least the end of 2016, but should the Rams & Kroenke end up staying in St.Louis with the go-ahead for a new riverfront stadium, and if the Rams 2015 season were to crash & burn for whatever reason, perhaps Fisher becomes a sort of 'scape-goat' for the PR debacle concerning the potential L.A. move, combined with 4 years of losing seasons. As far back as when Fisher was hired there was speculation that Fisher was brought in to help oversee a team move, similar to his experience dealing with Houston to Tennessee, … should the team not move, maybe Fisher becomes obsolete.
It may be weak as far as scenarios go, but with all the new talent Fisher/Snead have brought in, it's about the only thing I can come up with that cuts his contract short. Seems if the Rams fail in 2015, a good part of that would probably have to be on Foles, and if we were to draft a new 'franchise' type 1'st round QB in 2016, they may just want a new coaching staff to turn around a losing culture.

I don't see it working out this way, … just a theory on earlier speculation. jmo.
Unknowns:
* Location of the team next year
* How much of the signing of Fisher was actually tied to his "expertise" in moving a team from one location to another.
Personally, I think this angle is a tad over-emphasized. IMO, any good head coach could make the transition work well. Moving once doesn't make him an "expert".

With those unknowns in hand, no telling what Kroenke's tolerance for results are.

Your scenario is as plausible as any other. (y);)

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I have a hard time believing anything but playoffs is needed to keep his job...not sure that 9-7 does it (10-6 probably would even if they missed playoffs...but not 100%). in the last 10 years has there been a coach who kept there job not making the playoffs 4 years in a row (regardless of what they "inherited"), and if he is below .500 I think the odds get worse...has a coach in the last 15 years that hasn't had a winning record in 4 straight years kept their job? Yes you can go back and find examples...heck JF in the mid/late 90's did just that...but in recent NFL has it been done?

Maybe if the Rams stay the STL fans will be so excited they won't care....I actually believe that a move would put more pressure on them to change coaches...rolling into LA with a coach that hasn't won in 4 years wouldn't inspire....I could see SK opening the wallet to get a big name coach for the LA market to really bolster the "RAMS are coming" media flurry going (sorry not trying to intrude with the Rams possible move stuff here just think it may be relevant to JF job security)