Zuerlein on 2012: 'It was the worst season I've ever had'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/rams-kicker-greg-zuerlein-on[/101]

Speeps

Starter
Re: Zuerlein on 2012: 'It was the worst season I've ever had

Oh my. If that was his worst season ever, I can't wait to see what an okay season looks like.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl

Young GZ just needs to get his head straight. You could see the confidence drain away from him as the wind dragged his kicks off course in Miami. He was never the same after that debacle.

If he can regain his confidence, he could become one of the greatest kickers of all time. It's all in his head, not his feet.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler

If he just attempts normal distance field goals this year he will be fine. They have reduced all the plus 60 yard tries in practice so far.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jimitroutboy said:
If he just attempts normal distance field goals this year he will be fine. They have reduced all the plus 60 yard tries in practice so far.
Agreed. 13 from beyond 50 is too much. Especially when you factor in a 66 yarder (that actually had the distance). As far as I'm concerned, he really only had one bad game - in Miami. Other than that, I really didn't have much to complain about. This year he can go ahead and lead the league in extra points and not worry so much about those pesky field goals.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
jimitroutboy said:
Agreed. 13 from beyond 50 is too much. Especially when you factor in a 66 yarder (that actually had the distance). As far as I'm concerned, he really only had one bad game - in Miami. Other than that, I really didn't have much to complain about. This year he can go ahead and lead the league in extra points and not worry so much about those pesky field goals.
I have no problems with those, as long as we are in a position/situation to take them, and we trust in our defense. It is unusual though, but he IS an unusual talent. I've never seen a ball explode off of anyone's foot quite like his...and the height he gets on them is extraordinary.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

X said:
jimitroutboy said:

Word.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

I want to one day call him the record setter

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Something else about that Miami game that easily gets forgotten....

It was fucking windy as holy hell that day. Major wind gusts of like 40 + mph. It was almost like hurricane winds.