Zuerlein expects perfection from himself despite solid second year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.kmov.com/sports/Zuerlein...self-despite-solid-second-year-268936461.html

zuerlein_0728.jpg

(FootballStL) - Greg Zuerlein is his own harshest critic. Many of us can say that but the Rams third year kicker takes it to a whole new level. He made all but two of his field goal attempts last year after missing eight the season before as a rookie.

But that still isn’t good enough.

“Year two was better than year one but by no means was it up to my standards of where I can perform,” Zuerlein said. “I got to keep working here (in training camp). I have a long way to go. I’m not hitting the ball how I want to even right now. I just got to come out and put in the work.”

When asked if he’ll ever be satisfied until he hits 100% of his field goals, the 26-year old simply said he will not.

“I always know how many I miss. I lose track of how many I make but I just want that miss number to be zero,” Zuerlein said.

The Rams are working with the Missouri Western State graduate on his kickoffs in addition to his field goals. He has “dynamite” leg strength according to his coaches and just needs to harness that power in a more efficient manner.

But at this rate it really won’t matter what Zuerlein does. He’ll never be satisfied with himself unless he’s absolutely perfect.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still want to see him break the record. He's got the leg for it.
Yeah, I was a little bummed that Matt Prater broke that long standing record first, but Zuerlein can just beat *his* record now.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I still want to see him break the record. He's got the leg for it.
All they gotta do is simply give him I'd say 3 maybe 4 attempts at it this year in good conditions and he should nail it. If the D is just standing up teams at will Fisher will give him plenty of shots