Zac Stacey's 1st start...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Tomorrow will be Zac Stacey's 1st start of his career... I feel like it will be a very big opportunity for him to make his claim as the starter going forward...

Any thoughts?

…..

Legend
My only thought is that i'm interested to see how this all shakes out. See if the Rams can use a week to focus on something and actually show measurable gains in the following game.

We think, and Fisher has stated that we're going to place an increased emphasis on establishing the running game. However, this is the Rams so it wouldnt suprise me to see Zac get 8 carries and we pass the ball 54 times.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i haven't seen this.

Couldn't hurt.

I see DR isn't on the injury report.

A55VA6

Legend
He needs to start. We haven't really seen anything from him yet

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Cunningham
10 att 20 yards - Avg 2 ypc

Pead
7 att for 21 yards - Avg 3 ypc

Drich
42 att for 114 yards - Avg 2.7 ypc

Stacy
1 att for 4 yards - Avg 4 ypc

RAM$

UDFA
No offense to Stacy but im a Pead fan and these past 2 weeks are killing me. Inactive last week and not starting this week, yes he's probly in the doghouse and I take this as a sign Pead isn't going to be a Ram for much longer.

nighttrain

Legend
Ram4life11 said:
Tomorrow will be Zac Stacey's 1st start of his career... I feel like it will be a very big opportunity for him to make his claim as the starter going forward...

Any thoughts?
that Pead has really blown away his chances, and that's to bad. With Quick being so slow to develop, that's two regrettable choices
train

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RAM$ said:
No offense to Stacy but im a Pead fan and these past 2 weeks are killing me. Inactive last week and not starting this week, yes he's probly in the doghouse and I take this as a sign Pead isn't going to be a Ram for much longer.
I was a Pead fad. But he keeps messing up (missing team meetings, being late, etc.), and not working hard enough. If he isn't willing to put the time and effort in, then I have no love for him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I was high on Stacy in the off season and have been waiting for him to get a chance but what worries me is he gets only a couple carries here and there and that's not a recipe for success with him. He is a workhorse type of back that gets better and better with more carries in a game. His value shows up on around carry 20 and I don't think this team is playing good enough right now to let anyone get that many carries so I'm reserved in my optimism today.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm excited to see what he can do. He hasn't gotten a chance. He seems to be the last hope of a gem.

tbux

Rookie
I don't think our issues have been the RBs as much as its been the run blocking. I personally didn't see holes for DR to run through that he was missing. We have to fix the line issues to fix the run game. Hopefully Stacy gives a nice spark today and the line opens holes for him- which will then open up the offense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
tbux said:
I don't think our issues have been the RBs as much as its been the run blocking. I personally didn't see holes for DR to run through that he was missing. We have to fix the line issues to fix the run game. Hopefully Stacy gives a nice spark today and the line opens holes for him- which will then open up the offense.

I tend to agree with you; not much running room.

But thats where a guy like Stacy has an advantage; he can muscle through arm tackles... something the smaller backs would have trouble with.

I really like Zac Stacy's running style! I hope he gets the chance to show it off today!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I also would like to see Corey Harkey starting over Lance Kendricks, Harkey is far superior at blocking. Stacy & Pead IMO might be the right combination. Stacy can pound up the middle, Pead can bounce it outside plus Pead catches the ball well too.

Both Stacy & Pead are far better in pass protection than Richardson & Cunningham and that was my knock on Richardson coming into this season. Let's hope that Stacy gives us some hope, but I still hope the Rams draft Carlos Hyde next year.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
CGI_Ram said:
tbux said:

I tend to agree with you; not much running room.

But thats where a guy like Stacy has an advantage; he can muscle through arm tackles... something the smaller backs would have trouble with.

I really like Zac Stacy's running style! I hope he gets the chance to show it off today!

During last Thursday game it was funny.. My Misses, who is somewhat new to football asked, "Why do they keep running that little guy (DR) up the middle when there's nowhere for him to go?"

You can also look at the play selection here. Play to your strengths. Nothing up the middle, then bounce DR outside? As Albert Einstein said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I would love to see a true RB by committee in this game.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram4life11 said:

Any thoughts?
Yes, who is your information source? ;)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stranger said:
Ram4life11 said:

Any thoughts?
Yes, who is your information source? ;)
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/386878127000915969[/tweet]

Rams4life11 has some mad inside info :razzed:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
DRich has no vision or patients imo. He runs the play exactly as drawn up does not look for a better line and just runs as fast as he can into the hole that is supposed to be there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rabid Ram said:
DRich has no vision or patients imo.
So you're saying he's a blind pediatrician?

Now I've heard it all.

sent via Tapatalk.