Your off-season football outlook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Random things heading into the Superbowl...

1. Sucks thinking of weekends without football. With CoVID lockdowns, football might be more entertainment than I realize.

2. On this note, we start to pivot draft conversation into the main NFL forum about now... and let’s keep pumping topics, folks! It’s the off-season, so let’s get ROD creative. It certainly looks like the early part of the year will include additional stay-home time for many.

3. With football winding down, I will miss the food menu thread. Hats off to @A.J. Hicks @ScotsRam @Dagonet, and a few others for starting that one each week.

4. With football winding down, I fear @Loyal will crash our servers posting in the booty thread.

5. Thinking of the Superbowl... the Brady and Mahomes talk will be nauseating. If we feel this way, doesn’t most fans? So why do they do it?

6. @Selassie I bought a Matt Gay jersey and has not told anyone.

7. I dislike Tom Brady as much as anyone, but 10 Superbowls? How do I keep talking shit without looking like the problem is me?

8. The Rams will make more headlines this off-season than we probably think. You sort of sense it.

What is rolling through your head with a football-less weekend headed your way?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
1 2 7 agree.

3 makes me hungry All the Time ..

4 6 No comment.

5 nothing new,been done for years, just,look how this board and any other board gets Qb post.

8 I'm hoping that 1 really comes true, I'll have a beer later on today and toast you on that 1 @CGI

Now back to Kolchak the original Night Stalker series.

TexasRam

Legend
Loyal LOL.

Regarding Brady, you can always default to the Robert Horry argument. 7 Championships which is more than any of his contemporaries. And he did it with 3 different teams. He was arguably more clutch than Brady.

Do the Championships make Horry the best of his generation? Nah.

Team game man. The Pats Defenses were a bigger part of it then Brady.

But boy does that man have luck.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do the Championships make Horry the best of his generation? Nah.

Team game man. The Pats Defenses were a bigger part of it then Brady.

But boy does that man have luck.
That's what makes this pill so hard to swallow. Had Brady played a great game against GB, that would be one thing. But when a guy has a 28-10 lead in the 2nd half of an NFC Championship game, then proceeds to throw 3 straight INT and holding on for dear life for the win, I cant stomach the "how great is Brady?" stuff. I mean really, what is the win % of QB's who threw 3 2nd half INT? Got to be like lottery winning probability

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One would surmise that some major changes loom on the horizon, right now I'm just waiting to have the coaching staff finalized to make my analyese. I leave the drafting to @jrry32 @Memento @OldSchool @Memphis Ram along with many others dreaming that they make QB Jamie Newman as part of their mock off season.

As to the Super Bowl with all the injuries to the Chiefs offensive line, I believe the Buccaneers with that defense and Todd Bowles will win, my only hope is the Chief defense steps up and Hill has another stellar game, but Bowles will have that Safety over the top to ensure Hill does not break long ones and if Tampa wins, my God, I can truly only hope maybe Brady finally rides off into the sunset.

I'm really a dog lover per @Loyal

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One would surmise that some major changes loom on the horizon, right now I'm just waiting to have the coaching staff finalized to make my analyese. I leave the drafting to @jrry32 @Memento @OldSchool @Memphis Ram along with many others dreaming that they make QB Jamie Newman as part of their mock off season.

As to the Super Bowl with all the injuries to the Chiefs offensive line, I believe the Buccaneers with that defense and Todd Bowles will win, my only hope is the Chief defense steps up and Hill has another stellar game, but Bowles will have that Safety over the top to ensure Hill does not break long ones and if Tampa wins, my God, I can truly only hope maybe Brady finally rides off into the sunset.

You only love sled dogs during your favorite season!

iK3THDE.gif

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I have been thinking about this actually. Lots of folks will be feeling lonely at the moment depending on the rules and restrictions where they are. Maybe we could get a ROD zoom or skype call set up so folks can talk football face to face. Just a thought.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not having the NFL Combine makes it feel like they added a couple months to the off season

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are only two seasons every year... football, and the off-season.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am looking forward to team moves, FA, and the chaos most teams will endure with the changes to the combine. Thankfully the Rams have a solid scouting group...OH FUDGE!!!

Plus, the love @Loyal has for @-X-

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am looking forward to team moves, FA, and the chaos most teams will endure with the changes to the combine. Thankfully the Rams have a solid scouting group...OH FUDGE!!!

-X- is wickedly funny and I riff off previous jokes he has made, YOUSONOFA

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ha... EVERYBODY knows that I would never buy any kicker's jersey. That's blasphemy.

However, years ago I did buy a jersey that I literally only wore once and then threw it away.

I bought a Jeff Smoker jersey. At the time I made the purchase, I thought it would be cool to have "Smoker" on the back of the jersey. It did not turn out that way though.

Back then... I used to watch the games at a big sports bar that showed every game. There was even a section set up for every team so that fans from the same team could watch together. It's a big place. I was tight with several of the people who ran the place... so they always had a sweet section set aside for the Ram fans (even though there was only a total of 3 of us).

Anyway... as soon as my Smoker jersey came in, I wore it to the bar for the game. One of the bartenders and I loved to give each other major shit. He's a big time aints fan even way back then. We were actually pretty brutal to each other... it was all in fun... but neither of us held anything back when we had the chance to get the other one.

I don't remember exactly what my bartender friend screamed out over the bar's PA system... but it went something like this. "Attention everyone. It has come to my attention that we have a dude in the house today who is one hell of a pole smoker. It should be very easy to find him as he is literally advertising it. The 1st person who can come up here and point him out to everyone will receive free shots for their party!"

That was the only time that jersey was worn and it literally ended it's existence.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
For the dump Goff people. We need to stop the Rogers, Stafford, & Watson dreaming.

What I could see as a feasible move, if McVay is hell bent on a change, is to trade for Jordan Love.

Maybe this was mentioned already, but why it could happen is...

He's cheap, you have the ammo to get him... Maybe a 2 & 3 stretched over two drafts.

My son mentioned this the other day, and now NFLN is mentioning the Packers could move Love to make Rogers feel better abt his situation there, get picks to help now, etc..

That I could see since you are not taking on another big contract and ge is the mobile type WB that McVay might want.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Won't be me, my friend. I'm not a Newman fan. ;)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Are you saying we should bring back Shaw and Armey?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Won't be me, my friend. I'm not a Newman fan. ;)

Fair enough I get it, still believe one will be drafted and he will be playing in the Senior Bowl so we will get to see how that plays out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Sorry, Den, but I'm still going with Goff until next year. Yes, it's a great quarterback class, but unless we're getting Wilson/Fields/Lance (forget Lawrence; he's a Jaguar.), I don't see it - and I'll gladly stick with one or two of Wolford/Perkins/Devlin as backups to Goff.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. Sucks thinking of weekends without football. With CoVID lockdowns, football might be more entertainment than I realize.

Yeah football was a great distraction for 6 months. I always say I try to watch every snap of every game because the season comes and goes in the blink of an eye.

5. Thinking of the Superbowl... the Brady and Mahomes talk will be nauseating. If we feel this way, doesn’t most fans? So why do they do it?

Tom Brady, yeah. Pat Mahomes? Nah, I think it's fine. Honestly they've been targeted by the criticism police going into the playoffs on how the Chiefs were scraping by teams down the stretch.

Tommy boy? Apparently he can throw 3 picks and no one will bat an eye. Fuck Tom Brady.

However, I love watching the Bucs play defense. And if they win, hey we can say all offseason the Rams beat the SB champions.

7. I dislike Tom Brady as much as anyone, but 10 Superbowls? How do I keep talking shit without looking like the problem is me?

Simple. By saying he was standing on the sidelines watching when Russell Wilson dropped back to pass on the one, or watching Adam Vinateri kick GW FGs, or Kyle Shananhan called a pass play instead of an obvious run play, or Sean McVay and Jared Goff getting smothered by an elite D. He's a fantastic QB but he also was on the receiving end of a lot of things going his way that ended up in Ws.

8. The Rams will make more headlines this off-season than we probably think. You sort of sense it.

Glob I hope not. Unless it's Deshaun, but the odds of that happening are less than 1%.

What is rolling through your head with a football-less weekend headed your way?

Well the Royal Rumble is this weekend, so that's something. Usually at this time I transition more to gaming and movies on the weekends. I tune out of NFL talk after the Super Bowl. Constant FA rumors and draft talk give me a headache. Now we hear more and more on cap space. Gawd. I don't care who wins the offseason. I mean I'll watch those things just for informational purposes but I'm not emotionally invested. I find mid-June a good time to start getting players together for my fantasy drafts. Fun way to spend some time.