Your Favorite Ride Food from a State Carnival....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mine was the Merry Mixer. Knoebel's amusement park is the largest Free admission park in the country. Its huge and full of rides. If you've never been there it can be confusing to navigate. The place is well maintained as a year round attraction. The Merry Mixer is tame compared to some. The merry mixer looks like a spinning spider and at the end of each leg there are four seats that spun too. If you are at the park on a slow day and get the right operator he can speed up and slow down the control, if the ride is not full. The effect is this incredibly fast whip like spinning. Its insane. More Gs than I ever felt on any other ride.

They have a few great rollercoasters too. The Phoenix was my favorite. It was awesome to go as a kid. Nowadays I can't even ride the paratroopers without getting lightheaded for a few days.

My sister always got on the Satellite, which was one of the oldest rides in the park. You get locked into these capsules, one on each end. Everything inside is metal. There is nothing to keep you from sliding, no padding, no cushioned bar, just a smooth shiny seat polished from years of use. the ride starts to spin vertically, then eventually becomes horizontal. Then the capsules rotate side to side. I only rode it once when I just met the height requirement. I felt like I was hit by a car when I got off of it. It was constant sliding and banging into each other and then back into the hard metal sides. I don't know how anyone enjoyed that ride.

We also have a huge fair in a neighboring town. The Bloomsburg fair is well known in my area. I loved it at night. The lights and sounds, etc. I never rode the rides. My folks convinced me they weren't safe. But I loved watching the guys on the motorcycles riding around the cylinder. It was mesmerizing. I don't know how the don't get dizzy and crash. And the food was amazing. I had a buddy that took a week of vacation and worked on the maintenance crew just so he could be up there all week and eat.