Your Favorite Recipes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

I am always looking to try out new dishes so I thought maybe we could use this thread to post our favorite recipes.

Dishes, drinks, dont matter, lets see them.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Prep time <30 min.

One of my favorites. Enjoy.

First thing is first. I HATE tomatoes so I pureed the picante sauce. Doubled the dry seasonings keeping the ratio. Omitted the olives (hate those as well)

Mexican Lasagna:

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) I also have substituted Chorizo with good results.
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2-1/2 cups water
2-1/2 cups picante sauce or salsa
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
3/4 cup finely sliced green onions
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Combine beef, beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread half the beef mixture over the noodles. Top with four more noodles and the remaining beef mixture. Cover and remaining noodles. Combine water and picante sauce. Pour over all.
Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until noodles are tender. Combine sour cream, onions and olives. Spoon over casserole; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Prep time <30 min.

One of my favorites. Enjoy.

First thing is first. I HATE tomatoes so I pureed the picante sauce. Doubled the dry seasonings keeping the ratio. Omitted the olives (hate those as well)

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) I also have substituted Chorizo with good results.
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2-1/2 cups water
2-1/2 cups picante sauce or salsa
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
3/4 cup finely sliced green onions
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Combine beef, beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread half the beef mixture over the noodles. Top with four more noodles and the remaining beef mixture. Cover and remaining noodles. Combine water and picante sauce. Pour over all.
Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until noodles are tender. Combine sour cream, onions and olives. Spoon over casserole; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.

This sounds awesome! I will give it a try!

PhxRam

This sounds awesome! I will give it a try!

Definatley do.. You might think it looks like there is too much liquid when you first try it but it all evaporates and helps cook the noodles.

PhxRam

Another one of my all time favorites. No adjustments needed.

Chicken Enchiladas

INGREDIENTS:

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 package (8 ounce size) cream cheese, softened
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
14 ounces chopped tomato
1 can (4 ounce size) chopped green chiles
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
hot pepper sauce
1 cup sour cream
non-stick cooking spray
8 large flour tortillas
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, for garnish

DIRECTIONS:
In medium saucepan with cold water, place chicken and boil for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from water and let cool. ( note I have also used cooked supermarket precooked chickens and shredded it)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Once cooled, dice chicken and place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese, onion, half the salt, half the pepper, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Combine ingredients well and set aside.

In a blender, add tomatoes with juice, chilies, cumin, coriander, curry, remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper, and 5 to 6 dashes of hot pepper sauce. Blend until smooth. Add sour cream and blend until incorporated.

Spray a 9 by 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Place tortilla on work surface and fill with about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture and roll into a cylinder. Lay tortillas evenly into prepared pan. Pour tomato sauce over tortillas.

Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Cover with shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and additional sour cream.

PhxRam

Korean Grilled Beef

Ingredients:

-----meat-----
2 pounds sirloin -- rib, or flank steak

-----marinade-----
3 green onions -- finely chopped
4 garlic cloves -- crushed
5 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoon sherry or mirin -- (rice wine)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions:
Slice the steak diagonally against the grain into very thin strips. Score each piece lightly. (This prevents meat from curling as it is grilling). Combine remaining ingredients in bowl, mix well, then add meat. Allow to marinate for several hours or overnight.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My late mother's potato salad recipe:

Mayo
1 Granny Smith apple
5 potatos
5 eggs - boil 10 minutes then put in ice water
sweet mustard
1/2 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper
a pinch of sugar
green, sweet relish
parsley
1 medium onion

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a Christmas morning tradition at my house. I suggest give it a try as the ultimate breakfast, prepared the night before.

"Eggs Brunch"

Full recipe (cut in half for half, or proportion for serving size)

• 16 - Eggs (for serving 4-5ppl I usually use 12 eggs)
  • 1 – 12oz can of Milnot (unsweetened evaporated milk) (for 12 egg version use 3/4 can)
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 2-3 tablespoons corn starch to thicken gravy
  • 1 pack bacon

Preparation:

Bacon:
  • Cook the bacon. While cooking bacon, work simultaneously to cook the eggs (see below)
  • Remove from pan, and break into small bite size pieces
  • Drain grease, place bacon back in pan. Proceed to make gravy.

Gravy:
  • Under medium heat, stir in 2 cups of milk to your crumbled bacon in pan, stir continuously - avoid heating too quickly!
  • In a side measuring cup, add 1/3 cup milk, and two heaping tablespoons of corn starch, stir vigorously to dissolve corn starch
  • As your milk/bacon gets hot and nearly simmers, slowly add about half of your milk/cornstarch mix. Do not add all of it. Stir continuously as mixture gets hot.
  • If mixture does not thicken, add more milk/cornstarch... Just a little at a time.
  • Repeat until thickened

Eggs: (do this while cooking bacon)
  • Break and scramble eggs in a large bowl
  • Mix in Milnot, and stir until mixed
  • Place in microwave and microwave for 3 minutes, remove and stir
  • Continue to microwave in 1 minute intervals, stir
  • Repeat until eggs are cooked

Combine the eggs and meat gravy:
  • Grease a deep baking dish (I usually use a round 8" baking bowl with lid) (choose something deep enough to make layers)
  • Add layer of eggs (half of your entire eggs)
  • Add layer of bacon/gravy mix
  • Add layer of eggs (the rest of your eggs)
  • Top off the remaining bacon/gravy to cover all the eggs
Let cool, place on lid. Refrigerate overnight.

Cooking:
  • Preheat oven 275°F
  • Cook for 60 minutes (or until heated throughout)
  • Serve

My family likes to toast English muffins before serving. Some of them scoop the eggs brunch directly on top of muffins for open face sandwiches.

Alternative to bacon is honey shaved ham. It speeds up the effort considerably (just rip the ham into pieces and brown with a little butter before making gravy)

What makes this recipe so great for the holidays is it can be cooking while the family opens a few Christmas gifts. Plus... It is made the night before and makes breakfast easy the next day!

I have eaten this on Christmas Day, every year since I was old enough to eat regular food!

IT ROCKS!

Here is a photo:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

PhxRam

without question will try that next weekend and post pics of the results

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My late mother's potato salad recipe:

Mayo
1 Granny Smith apple
5 potatos
5 eggs - boil 10 minutes then put in ice water
sweet mustard
1/2 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper
a pinch of sugar
green, sweet relish
parsley
1 medium onion

How do you combine these ingredients? Sounds really good.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Another one of my all time favorites. No adjustments needed.

Chicken Enchiladas

INGREDIENTS:

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 package (8 ounce size) cream cheese, softened
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
14 ounces chopped tomato
1 can (4 ounce size) chopped green chiles
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
hot pepper sauce
1 cup sour cream
non-stick cooking spray
8 large flour tortillas
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, for garnish

DIRECTIONS:
In medium saucepan with cold water, place chicken and boil for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from water and let cool. ( note I have also used cooked supermarket precooked chickens and shredded it)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Once cooled, dice chicken and place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese, onion, half the salt, half the pepper, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Combine ingredients well and set aside.

In a blender, add tomatoes with juice, chilies, cumin, coriander, curry, remaining garlic powder, salt and pepper, and 5 to 6 dashes of hot pepper sauce. Blend until smooth. Add sour cream and blend until incorporated.

Spray a 9 by 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Place tortilla on work surface and fill with about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture and roll into a cylinder. Lay tortillas evenly into prepared pan. Pour tomato sauce over tortillas.

Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Cover with shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and additional sour cream.

This is bad-ass!

I LOVE Mexican food! And... where I live... there is NONE!

I am definitely going to give this a try! If I didn't have steak marinating since yesterday, I'd be out buying the ingredients now.

PhxRam

This is bad-ass!

I LOVE Mexican food! And... where I live... there is NONE!

I am definitely going to give this a try! If I didn't have steak marinating since yesterday, I'd be out buying the ingredients now.

The sauce is kick ass.. I normally make a double batch of the suace because I like mine a little "wet"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The sauce is kick ass.. I normally make a double batch of the suace because I like mine a little "wet"

That's a good tip, because usually when I eat Mexican I soak it with salsa!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How do you combine these ingredients? Sounds really good.

Mix together the evaporated milk, sweet mustard, salt and pepper, sugar, relish, parsley, and onion, and then mix that in with the Granny Smith apple, the potatoes, and the eggs last.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Great thread, will have to try some of these. I love cooking. Most things I make I either look up online(always add or change a few things) or just make it up as I go along.

Will tell you how my Italian sausage Lasagna goes that I am making this week, haven't made it in a while. Will give recipe after I make it if anyone wants.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's a pic of what I cooked last night. It's a Low-Country boil. All of this was cooked together in a special cooker called a CanCooker. It looks like an old dairy cream can,,, it cooks with steam,,, it doesn't really boil.

It has corn, red potatoes, onions, garlic, hot Italian sausage, littleneck clams, shrimp, and stone crab claws. Steamed in a mixture of white wine, chicken stock, and Kona beer. Theres a number of other ingredients that go into it. If anyone would really like the actual recipe and cooking process, just let me know. Check out the CanCooker website if you're interested in a very cool and fun cooking tool.

BTW... we dip pieces of french bread into the juice... Holy Shit good... we went through 2 loaves of bread. lol

unnamed-5.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mix together the evaporated milk, sweet mustard, salt and pepper, sugar, relish, parsley, and onion, and then mix that in with the Granny Smith apple, the potatoes, and the eggs last.

Sorry for all the questions: so the apple and eggs you just dice up?

I'm gonna give this a try sometime too.

I like this thread!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sorry for all the questions: so the apple and eggs you just dice up?

I'm gonna give this a try sometime too.

I like this thread!

Yup. With potato salad, at least in my experience, it's basically one big mix with all the ingredients. The order probably doesn't matter. I boil the potatoes for about an hour. While they're cooling enough to clean I mix the other ingredients together. I prefer slicing the onion up into as tiny bits as I can get them.

PhxRam

Here's a pic of what I cooked last night. It's a Low-Country boil. All of this was cooked together in a special cooker called a CanCooker. It looks like an old dairy cream can,,, it cooks with steam,,, it doesn't really boil.

It has corn, red potatoes, onions, garlic, hot Italian sausage, littleneck clams, shrimp, and stone crab claws. Steamed in a mixture of white wine, chicken stock, and Kona beer. Theres a number of other ingredients that go into it. If anyone would really like the actual recipe and cooking process, just let me know. Check out the CanCooker website if you're interested in a very cool and fun cooking tool.

BTW... we dip pieces of french bread into the juice... Holy crap good... we went through 2 loaves of bread. lol

unnamed-5.jpg

Looks sweet. Isn't the traditional presentation style to just pour it out onto paper??