Your favorite mid-round "Starter-Caliber" OL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If we take someone other than an OL at #10 (Waynes? Cooper? Beasley... in my dreams?), who do you like at OL where we're drafting in rounds 2-5 who you think could come in and start - effectively - day 1?

My choices:
- Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin - massive road-grader, likely a RG, but possibly could kick out to RT (but will struggle with speed rushers), probably a 5th
- Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn - technician at center, probably a 3rd-rounder, should be plug-and-play (but may not have the bulk to handle NFL NTs by himself)
- Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke - described as "poor man's Larry Warford," which is enough to sell me in the 2nd
- Ali Marpet, G, Hobart - best 40 in the draft, small school, huge upside, 3rd-round guy
- Andy Gallik, C, Boston College - big dude, plays with evil in his heart, 4th or 5th round most likely

Who you got?

manmaderam

The one and only
I would include:

- Jarvis Harrison, G, Texas A&M - Projected 7th rounder (Low risk high reward), lots of pure strength, straight up road grader.

Stel

Starter
Favorite? Probably Havenstein. I think someone is going to get a mid round gem with him. Like all the ones you mention, although Dismukes is probably at the bottom of the list for me. Also, Mitch Morse is growing on me. I think the kid is going to be a player.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@DCH
Not a fan of Havenstein or Dismukes.....but those others are solid....I prefer Donovan Smith, maybe 5th round....Andrew Donnal, & Laurence Gibson....all as RT....the guards listed here (Thomlinson, Chaz Green,Jeremiah Poutasi & Jamil Douglas ...I think these are depth players in 2015....not starters but you never know....if you draft a center...only Irving or the dude outta Kansas St.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Maybe the FSU guards, Tre Jackson and Josue Matias could be added to your list.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jamil Douglas. He has the potential to be a starter in this league for ten years. Only falls because of his height, weight, and length, but he has a tackle's feet, he's mean as all get out, and he's an athletic freak who translates his work in the weight room onto the field.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In no special order!!;
- Ben Hoyack - TE - Notre Dame
- Karlos Williams - RB - FSU
- Mark Glowinski - OG - West Virginia
- Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon
- Anthony Chickillo - DE - Miami (Florida)
- Xavier Cooper - DT - Washington State
- Durell Eskridge - S - Syracuse
- Eric Rowe - CB - Utah
With maybe the exception of Fisher, I think all of these Players will be available in the 3rd round or later!

Stel

Starter
In no special order!!;
- Ben Hoyack - TE - Notre Dame
- Karlos Williams - RB - FSU
- Mark Glowinski - OG - West Virginia
- Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon
- Anthony Chickillo - DE - Miami (Florida)
- Xavier Cooper - DT - Washington State
- Durell Eskridge - S - Syracuse
- Eric Rowe - CB - Utah
With maybe the exception of Fisher, I think all of these Players will be available in the 3rd round or later!

Fisher will be taken before mid-rounds.

Other than Glowinski, I doubt any of the others ever start a game on the OL. ;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fisher will be taken before mid-rounds.

Other than Glowinski, I doubt any of the others ever start a game on the OL. ;)
I was going for ALL Mid round picks not just OL. We'll see!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Tre Jackson OG FSU 3rd or 4th round.
BJ Finney C Kansas St. 3rd - 5th
Andy Gallik C Boston College 4th or 5th
Shaq Mason C/G Georgia Tech 4th round.....my personal favorite.

I think all these guys could start their rookie years.

thehammer

Rookie
best olineman to maybe make it to the 3rd rd would be Marpet..followed by Laken Tomlinson

looking forward to Max Garcia pro day tomorrow...with a decent workout will move him to my 2nd best center in the draft

add Ty Sambrailo is a player....probably will end up as a guard in a zone blocker scheme but has serious upside

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
I like what I've seen out of Jarvis Harrison if he can keep up his conditioning. Seems like he would be a great fit for our system.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Tre Jackson OG FSU 3rd or 4th round.
BJ Finney C Kansas St. 3rd - 5th
Andy Gallik C Boston College 4th or 5th
Shaq Mason C/G Georgia Tech 4th round.....my personal favorite.

I think all these guys could start their rookie years.

Nice list. Love Mason. if he was 6'3, I think he's talked about as a 2nd rounder.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Nice list. Love Mason. if he was 6'3, I think he's talked about as a 2nd rounder.

I agree on Mason. Love his attitude which is why I think he has a nice future. He feels like a guy who will always work at his craft.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm starting to think the best combo of players for the Rams would be Peat at #10 and Mitch Morse in the 3rd. RT/LT potential at the NFL level in the 1st, probably a plug-in guard with immediate backup center possibility in the 3rd.