Your Favorite Football Related Moments Or Stories

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sure many of you have some great stories to tell about either how you became a Rams fan, things about the Rams that you remember, other football players or teams you have met or had dealings with, etc.

I get a kick out of reading about them and I'm sure many others do as well.

I'll start it off with one some of you may have already read about and I know a few of you were even at the game I'm going to mention. Sorry if it's a bit long winded.

My dad and I have had some of our most memorable times center around the Rams. I would almost always buy him Rams related gifts for Christmas and birthdays and he would take me to games and buy me Rams stuff as well. Inevitably, whenever he or I would call the other, we would get on some Rams related subject and end the call with "Go Rams" even if the Rams were never brought up.

Well I had been living in the NW for several years and going up to Seattle for the Ram games any time they played up there. We were getting ready to go to the game up in Seattle in 2004 and I had a chance to get an extra ticket where we were sitting. So I called my dad to see if he might want to go.

I didn't really think he'd do it because it would mean flying up from LA on very short notice to do it. But, he jumped at the chance. I picked him up at the airport in Portland on Sunday morning and drove up to Seattle that day along with KMRamsfan and one other guy.

We spent an hour or so having a couple beers at Safeco Field and then headed over to Qwest Field in our Rams gear. Of course we were being accosted by the shecock faithful but most of it was in good fun.

We got in and found our seats. 7 of us Rams fans together completely surrounded by blue home jerseys.

Well the first three quarters were really hard to watch. The Rams were getting completely outplayed and every time the shitchickens would do anything remotely decent on the field, these two guys took it upon themselves to make sure we knew it.

One of the idiots was sitting about 8 rows in front of us and took the opportunity to get out of his seat, squeeze by everyone to get out to the steps and run up the steps ands shout at us from about 10 seats away. Another tool two rows in front of us decides that is how you show you're a great fan and starts standing up and pointing his finger at us and as he's frothing and spitting, starts calling us bandwagoners and fair weather fans, blah blah blah. I took that as my cue to lift up my Grant Wistrom jersey (playing for Seattle that season) and show him my LA Rams tee shirt and then point to my Superbowl Champion hat.

Well some time during the second quarter a big linebacker sized dude wearing a Bosworth jersey sitting in front of me stands up, puts his finger right in the idiot's chest and says, "you spit on me again, you're going down". Ha! I guess there are some decent Seattle fans after all.

Well that didn't stop the other yahoo. But the other fans on his aisle asked him to just stay out at the steps instead of squeezing by them every couple minutes.

But then it started to turn. With a little less than 6 minutes left in the game and the Rams down by 17, Bulger hit Manumaleuna in the end zone from 8 yards out to cut it to 10. The pinhead had his back to the play as he was yelling some crap to us about the last play. I just motioned with my finger to turn around and watch.

He did his best to act like it didn't matter but our little section was high fiving and a couple of the Seattle fans around us who we had been exchanging good natured ribbings with us jokingly high fived us as well. They still thought the game was in hand.

Well a three and out followed by a one play TD drive on a crossing route to Kevin Curtis ended that fantasy and the natives were getting restless. The guy standing on the steps had his back turned to us and had his head in his hands (oh no). This time - no high fives by the fans around us - though we tried.

Then on the next series, Little has a sack and strip but Seattle recovers and has to punt. The Rams get it to the 18 with 13 seconds left and Wilkins ties the game. You could hear a pin drop in that stadium. The guy on the steps? Sitting down on the steps - almost fetal.

It goes to OT, the Rams win the toss and a 52 yard toss to Shawn McDonald and the game is over. A couple of the Seattle fans nodded to us as they left. Stooge on the steps scurried away.

We kicked back and finished our beers.

Afterward, we kicked around Seattle for a while, ate a crapload of King Crab and just smiled at each other because none of us could talk.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamsVsSeachickens'04.jpg

Here's the ticket from the game. For some reason it didn't post the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't say this is my favourite or most memorable football moment but;

Back in the early 2000's I remember attending a home game with my brother in law... It was so loud in the dome... We started shouting profanities/insults at the fans in front of us (during a loud part of the game) knowing damn well they couldn't hear us.

"Sit down you fat fuck" etc. Hilarious!

What we said meant nothing. We were just being loud like the rest of the crowd.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't say this is my favourite or most memorable football moment but;

Back in the early 2000's I remember attending a home game with my brother in law... It was so loud in the dome... We started shouting profanities/insults at the fans in front of us (during a loud part of the game) knowing damn well they couldn't hear us.

"Sit down you fat freak" etc. Hilarious!

What we said meant nothing. We were just being loud like the rest of the crowd.
Too funny. I've done that at concerts.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I was born in Germany. Parents were not in the military as some folks always ask, LOL, they were beer stein lifting, Oktoberfest going, lederhosen wearing, soccer fanatic watching people. It's important that you get how this all began and how strange life sometimes is.

We came over to America in 1960 and settled near San Diego. I couldn't speak a lick of English and had never seen an NFL game. A few years later one of my classmates parents had him invite me over to his house to watch a game. His cousin was Dale Cogdill who if memory serves me well played for the Lions. I don't remember who the Rams were playing, probably the Chargers, duh, but when I saw the horns that was it. It's what Michael Corleone's bodyguards described as "the thunderbolt." It was love at first sight.

Fast forward a few years and I found myself living in San Jose, CA - 49er country. Damn! One night my dad was at a bar and ran into two brothers, Charlie and Rolf Krueger who played for the 49ers. That was it for him. It was 49ers forever. Double damn! He used to take me to Kezar stadium and a couple of times to Candlestick Park to see his favorite team and would tease me mercilessly about my Rams obsession. I got even with him though because my younger brother is as nuts as I am about the Rams.

The first Super Bowl was the Packers vs. the Chiefs and I watched it in the hospital with my dad while he was recovering from surgery. My dad passed on at the age of 43 in February of 1973. If he was here today he'd probably call me and say, "Are you still obsessing about those damn Rams?" and I'd say "Damn right I am!" :)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I remember that game Stu, I had a wrestling coaches meeting that afternoon and expected it to be over ,I caught the overtime . We were blessed to have seen that run of magnificent offensive football.
My favorite moment was this fall going to the Jags game with both my sons, had never done that before,one at a time several times but that was the first with both ,nothing like it,I have a picture of us outside the stadium before the game as the landscape on my phone.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I remember that game Stu, I had a wrestling coaches meeting that afternoon and expected it to be over ,I caught the overtime . We were blessed to have seen that run of magnificent offensive football.
My favorite moment was this fall going to the Jags game with both my sons, had never done that before,one at a time several times but that was the first with both ,nothing like it,I have a picture of us outside the stadium before the game as the landscape on my phone.
Post that baby.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was born in Germany. Parents were not in the military as some folks always ask, LOL, they were beer stein lifting, Oktoberfest going, lederhosen wearing, soccer fanatic watching people. It's important that you get how this all began and how strange life sometimes is.

We came over to America in 1960 and settled near San Diego. I couldn't speak a lick of English and had never seen an NFL game. A few years later one of my classmates parents had him invite me over to his house to watch a game. His cousin was Dale Cogdill who if memory serves me well played for the Lions. I don't remember who the Rams were playing, probably the Chargers, duh, but when I saw the horns that was it. It's what Michael Corleone's bodyguards described as "the thunderbolt." It was love at first sight.

Fast forward a few years and I found myself living in San Jose, CA - 49er country. Damn! One night my dad was at a bar and ran into two brothers, Charlie and Rolf Krueger who played for the 49ers. That was it for him. It was 49ers forever. Double damn! He used to take me to Kezar stadium and a couple of times to Candlestick Park to see his favorite team and would tease me mercilessly about my Rams obsession. I got even with him though because my younger brother is as nuts as I am about the Rams.

The first Super Bowl was the Packers vs. the Chiefs and I watched it in the hospital with my dad while he was recovering from surgery. My dad passed on at the age of 43 in February of 1973. If he was here today he'd probably call me and say, "Are you still obsessing about those damn Rams?" and I'd say "Damn right I am!" :)

Sorry to hear of your pops passing so young. Glad to hear your younger brother has great taste though.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Post that baby.
I will maybe tomorrow I'm a little tired right now had to let the kids wrestling club in for practice and close up for them ,Pres.day no one else at school to do it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll be waitin' with baited breath. ;)

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was a freshman in high school in 99. My buddy and his dad had season tickets and I got a chance to go with my buddy to the opening game against the Ravens. I paid for the ticket with money I made assembling the STL Post Dispatch in an old ladies garage. It was amazing for me. I was a fan before, but I was an addict after.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Copy/Pasted from another thread - How my son became a Redskins fan. (n)

True story - when my son was little, he's 23 now, he was attending a day care center at Frostburg University. This was the only year that the Skins had their preseason at that facility. One day I went to pick him up and the teacher told me he was out on the field with the team. When I first saw him he was being carried around by one of the players, maybe Darrell Green, I can't remember for sure. The players had put together little notebooks for the children filled with their autographs. My son still has it today. After that day I lost him to the Skins.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
OK Stu educate me how to post a picture ,can't figure it out on this new format

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
I'm sure many of you have some great stories to tell about either how you became a Rams fan, things about the Rams that you remember, other football players or teams you have met or had dealings with, etc.

I'll start it off with one some of you may have already read about and I know a few of you were even at the game I'm going to mention. Sorry if it's a bit long winded.

My dad and I have had some of our most memorable times center around the Rams. I would almost always buy him Rams related gifts for Christmas and birthdays and he would take me to games and buy me Rams stuff as well. Inevitably, whenever he or I would call the other, we would get on some Rams related subject and end the call with "Go Rams" even if the Rams were never brought up.

Well I had been living in the NW for several years and going up to Seattle for the Ram games any time they played up there. We were getting ready to go to the game up in Seattle in 2004 and I had a chance to get an extra ticket where we were sitting. So I called my dad to see if he might want to go.

I didn't really think he'd do it because it would mean flying up from LA on very short notice to do it. But, he jumped at the chance. I picked him up at the airport in Portland on Sunday morning and drove up to Seattle that day along with KMRamsfan and one other guy.

We spent an hour or so having a couple beers at Safeco Field and then headed over to Qwest Field in our Rams gear. Of course we were being accosted by the shecock faithful but most of it was in good fun.

We got in and found our seats. 7 of us Rams fans together completely surrounded by blue home jerseys.

Well the first three quarters were really hard to watch. The Rams were getting completely outplayed and every time the shitchickens would do anything remotely decent on the field, these two guys took it upon themselves to make sure we knew it.

One of the idiots was sitting about 8 rows in front of us and took the opportunity to get out of his seat, squeeze by everyone to get out to the steps and run up the steps ands shout at us from about 10 seats away. Another tool two rows in front of us decides that is how you show you're a great fan and starts standing up and pointing his finger at us and as he's frothing and spitting, starts calling us bandwagoners and fair weather fans, blah blah blah. I took that as my cue to lift up my Grant Wistrom jersey (playing for Seattle that season) and show him my LA Rams tee shirt and then point to my Superbowl Champion hat.

Well some time during the second quarter a big linebacker sized dude wearing a Bosworth jersey sitting in front of me stands up, puts his finger right in the idiot's chest and says, "you spit on me again, you're going down". Ha! I guess there are some decent Seattle fans after all.

Well that didn't stop the other yahoo. But the other fans on his aisle asked him to just stay out at the steps instead of squeezing by them every couple minutes.

But then it started to turn. With a little less than 6 minutes left in the game and the Rams down by 17, Bulger hit Manumaleuna in the end zone from 8 yards out to cut it to 10. The pinhead had his back to the play as he was yelling some crap to us about the last play. I just motioned with my finger to turn around and watch.

He did his best to act like it didn't matter but our little section was high fiving and a couple of the Seattle fans around us who we had been exchanging good natured ribbings with us jokingly high fived us as well. They still thought the game was in hand.

Well a three and out followed by a one play TD drive on a crossing route to Kevin Curtis ended that fantasy and the natives were getting restless. The guy standing on the steps had his back turned to us and had his head in his hands (oh no). This time - no high fives by the fans around us - though we tried.

Then on the next series, Little has a sack and strip but Seattle recovers and has to punt. The Rams get it to the 18 with 13 seconds left and Wilkins ties the game. You could hear a pin drop in that stadium. The guy on the steps? Sitting down on the steps - almost fetal.

It goes to OT, the Rams win the toss and a 52 yard toss to Shawn McDonald and the game is over. A couple of the Seattle fans nodded to us as they left. Stooge on the steps scurried away.

Afterward, we kicked around Seattle for a while, ate a crapload of King Crab and just smiled at each other because none of us could talk.

Add to that, some of the goobers from the game walked into the place after we had a seat. I axed the waitress to get those guys a pitcher of beer. The only thing was I said, tell them they only get to have 3 quarters of it.......the last quarter is ours !!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is a hard one Stu. I have so many wonderful memories. It's hard to pick one.

My Grandfather took me to the 1979 NFC Championship game against tampon. He was a redskin fan, but he knew how much I loved my Rams. I made my own giant #1 Finger out of some old foam mattress and I wrote "#1 Ram Fan" on it,,, I proudly wore it on my hand at the game.

I can't help but remember how much fun it was for me to track Eric Dickerson's record breaking rushing year in a notebook. This was pre internet for you young whippersnappers. Every Monday I'd buy multiple papers,,, usually the Orlando Sentinel and the Daytona Beach News Journal,,, and sometimes the USA Today..... just so I could collect the correct stats from each game so I could manually write down Eric's stats into my notebook. As the year went on, and ED2105 got closer to the record,,, buying the newspapers was almost like opening a Christmas present. My Mom still has that notebook.

At the NFC Championship in STL against the eagles... I was able to tailgate with some of my Aunt's season ticket holder friends. One of them fried a turkey. He had carefully picked the meat off of the bird and saved the carcass/bones that was still in the form and shape of the turkey afterwards. When a group of eagle fans wearing their puke green jerseys walked by,,, the guy who fried the turkey picked up the carcass and slung it directly at the group of eagle fans. It flew through the air and exploded upon impact of the street... the pieces of bones and cartilage slid across the road in a heaping mess directly into the middle of that group with a disgusting sound. Our friend who threw the turkey then shouted,,, "That's what you guys are gonna look like after the game bitches!".

It's hard to top the feeling I get when I'm able to watch a Ram win with my sons (especially my oldest,,, who agonizes over every play during a game,,, even if we're winning by a huge margin). We really appreciate the wins these days. I've taken my boys to several games,,, usually losses,,,, but I was able to take my oldest to the Ram win in tampon the season before last. K Demoff gave us field passes so we could hang out on the field before the game. We sat in shit traffic for a long time on the way back to Orlando listening to the tampon sports talk station... the tampon faithful were crucifying Freeman worse than any Bulger thread you can ever remember... it was the most enjoyable traffic jam I have ever had the pleasure of sitting in. We laughed our asses off the whole way back home.

Those are just a few that come to mind right away. I could go on for hours though. (y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Copy/Pasted from another thread - How my son became a Redskins fan. (n)

True story - when my son was little, he's 23 now, he was attending a day care center at Frostburg University. This was the only year that the Skins had their preseason at that facility. One day I went to pick him up and the teacher told me he was out on the field with the team. When I first saw him he was being carried around by one of the players, maybe Darrell Green, I can't remember for sure. The players had put together little notebooks for the children filled with their autographs. My son still has it today. After that day I lost him to the Skins.

I would hate it if that happened. My wife and kids are all Rams fans. My Dad never had a favorite team and my brothers both like the Cowboys. I know it may happen some day since the Rams aren't in PA. My son already has fans pushing him to like the Steelers, Ack! I told him that the Steelers are called that because they steal toys from kids. He is starting to doubt me after 3 years of that line. His cousins were pushing him toward Notre Dame instead of PSU. I don't think I have anything to worry about there. Franklin has Ben very impressive with his recruiting efforts. PSU will be at the top of the polls in a few years. The Rams better pick it up though and start winning playoff games and Super Bowls to cement Lincoln in the Ram fandom, because little kids bandwagon pretty easily. Having his middle name be Marshall may help him stick as a Ram for life. My other son is my step son and he has zero interest in sports. My two year old daughter already has a Rams jersey and my wife easily changed her team affiliation from Green Bay to the Rams. Just need to stay the course.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Cool story. That game was bitter/sweet for me. It was the day I had to put my first dog down. But that game helped to lift my spirits. Your story adds to it even more, so thanks. I would have loved to see that fans miserable face.

I suppose I should start with how I became a football fan.

February 4th 2002 I woke up and as I did every day turned on the telly and put on a TV show called "The Big Breakfast" and they'd had a group of people stay up and watch the previous nights Super Bowl, I wondered why in the hell anyone would stay up until 4am watching that American football "crap", but it stuck in my mind there must be something worth watching if they are.

Come the summer I put on a Scottish Claymores game in a 60,000 stadium which must have had 5,000 total fans in it, watched it for 10 minutes and realised that no I was right the first time it is in fact "crap" and went back to watching soccer.

Come September I thought I'll give it one last go with the real NFL product, so recorded the Atlanta Falcons @ Green Bay Packers game, it was a hard slog and took me until the Wednesday of that week to get into the third quarter, then it finally started to click, long story short the game went into over time with the Packers winning by a field goal, and me sat there with a massive smile on my face thinking "this is awesome".

Had that been a different game I probably would have given up on the sport, and you guys wouldn't have to put up with my postings, but instead I had my first of many awesome football memories.